Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 08:20 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,270,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
What is the source of that evil?
Free will.

I hope you are not invoking the "devil" made me do it excuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2015, 08:32 PM

32,516 posts, read 36,995,479 times
The entity that is used as a handy excuse and thus gets the blame for.... whatever.

"The devil made me do it." All over the Bible Belt there are people telling themselves that today. "The devil got me in a moment of weakness 'cause he's roaming around wanting to snatch up souls." Umm... no. Y'all chose to plunk down your money because you wanted to see a movie with sex and nudity. Just like the heathen sitting next to you at the 2:10 showing of "50 Shades of Grey" at the Cineplex. Tomorrow y'all can pretend you didn't see anyone you knew from church in the theater and they can pretend they didn't see you.

Old 02-14-2015, 08:48 PM

8,087 posts, read 6,838,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
The entity that is used as a handy excuse and thus gets the blame for.... whatever.

"The devil made me do it."

I agree.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:01 PM
Status: "Without God, life is tragic and absurd." (set 26 days ago)

20,366 posts, read 12,644,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
That is symbolism.

The real Satan is the evil that dwells in all humans.
Quote:
What is the source of that evil?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Free will.

I hope you are not invoking the "devil" made me do it excuse.
Free will is not the source of evil; it's the avenue. Something or someone had to put those thoughts/desires in our heart/mind.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:17 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,471,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Who, or what is adversarial to the nature of men?
the literalist. Although there is no "bad guys" it's just that to be saved we have to start from something else.

Many ways to say it. the body, flesh, desires. all that kind of stuff.

Old 02-14-2015, 10:29 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,270,457 times
Quote:
Free will is not the source of evil; it's the avenue. Something or someone had to put those thoughts/desires in our heart/mind.

What a convenient excuse! Any evil we do it is out of our hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62Qfbrc1jdo

:dubi ous:

Old 02-14-2015, 10:54 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,164,395 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Who is the real Satan? He is an angel who rebelled against God and is now in opposition to him--an adversary.
A one minute response, if you follow the program?
What about conformity, instead of diversity?

Old 02-14-2015, 11:00 PM

867 posts, read 904,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Charles Darwin.
You know Freak, I admire your responses every now and then. I would say Charles Darwin, Nietzche, Freud and Marx. Nietzche lead to Nazism and world War II, nothing more evil then that. Freud created Cocaine and lead to ideas embracing immorality that lead to a lot of pain and suffering, nothing more evil than that. Marx created Communism which lead to a lot of tyranny in the world which is probably even worse than Hitler. Darwin stole an idea that was around for a long time but never given popular thought, sensationalized it, and created the whole industry of pseudo-science which has lead to a lot of misguidance. That's not to say I don't believe in Evolution but not necessarily Dawrinian Evolution.

Old 02-14-2015, 11:03 PM

867 posts, read 904,556 times
Quote:
Hey, this is a really good question.

Essentially what is adversarial to man is what stems from man's primal nature unchecked by a higher spiritual guidance. It is Satanic to reduce man to an animal without any distinction and train him to behave that way and even embrace. Sort of like the statement, "money, power, sex," that you hear in some popular music. What you are really saying is, "dominate resources, use resources to control other people's behavior, and finaly take that control and dominate the other sex," much like a Lion in the forest. The sadness of the primal is that it does not lead to happiness but increased anxiety and torment over fulfilling the need.

Old 02-14-2015, 11:30 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,281,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post
You know Freak, I admire your responses every now and then. I would say Charles Darwin, Nietzche, Freud and Marx. Nietzche lead to Nazism and world War II, nothing more evil then that. Freud created Cocaine and lead to ideas embracing immorality that lead to a lot of pain and suffering, nothing more evil than that. Marx created Communism which lead to a lot of tyranny in the world which is probably even worse than Hitler. Darwin stole an idea that was around for a long time but never given popular thought, sensationalized it, and created the whole industry of pseudo-science which has lead to a lot of misguidance. That's not to say I don't believe in Evolution but not necessarily Dawrinian Evolution.
You are very wrong in regards to Darwin stealing someone else idea. If so why did he sit on it for over 2 decades? Did Wallace also steal it? Who had the idea of natural selection prior to Darwin and Wallace? He never sensationalized it, he was a shy person who was concerned on the affect it would have on his wife.

It is not uncommon for certain Christians to demonized Darwin for religious purposes, guess the 9th Commandment is not too important to folks here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity