Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2015, 05:07 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It wouldn't help because it focuses on the letter . . . not the Spirit. Christ abides with us so we do not need anyone to teach us. God has "written in our hearts." Pleroo can test the Spirit of anything thrown at her using the Spirit within us all . . . agape love. That is the test of God's truth . . . not studying words from ancient writings.
Who said it was written on your hearts?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 05:11 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You have nothing to base your faith on if you wish to discount the book which is how you know he exists in the first place...
Know who exists?

Old 07-13-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Know who exists?
G-d...

Old 07-13-2015, 05:14 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
G-d...
You don't think people can know (believe) God exists without reading a book?

Old 07-13-2015, 05:18 PM

1,422 posts, read 951,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You go girl!

In a way this is true, from a certain point of view. Satan really is the reptilian brain that is the essential part of our emotive system which provides the inner drives we must learn to control. The process of discriminating among those drives (good and evil) and exercising self-control is the way we develop and mature our embryo Spirit for the next life. We do not know the specifics of HOW self-control matures our embryo Spirit . . . but we are told that the water of life (that flows with us) is involved with the Spirit. I have presented my views elsewhere on how this internal process of maturing our Spirit, called Baptism, might work. So, in that sense, Satan does work for God in maturing His children.
Quote:
In that sense, I could agree, perhaps. Maybe that is what Richard meant.
Satan is a metaphor and so is God.

The idea might be for humans to desist with the eternal looped drive of thinking they 'know good and evil' when they so obviously do not.

It is in the not knowing where all the problem of humanity can be sourced.

Understanding how the dualism thinking process and and action propels the emotions 'this way and that' and examining the impacts of such behaviors could go a long way in healing the beast...

But yes, it is possible that in the spiritual sense, the human condition and position is akin to being in an insane asylum where no one but yourself is able to cure your insanity and part of that process involves ditching the dualistic tendency to view things as 'good' and 'evil' (and choosing which 'side' one will take) and adopting a more sane understanding of conscious experience apart from such thinking.

A bit like graduating, only more akin to healing - being cured of affliction.

The physical universe and earth = a place where insane spirits must go in order to have the opportunity to be cured of their insanity...or stay in that zone until they do.

Old 07-13-2015, 05:29 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Who said it was written on your hearts?...
Our conscience bares witness that within us there is.

Old 07-13-2015, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Our conscience bares witness that within us there is.
I don't buy it...because that's right out of the book you don't think too much of, so you are you bsing?...

Old 07-13-2015, 05:56 PM

Quote:
You don't think people can know (believe) God exists without reading a book?
I guess the same way they know Allah exist...

Old 07-13-2015, 06:01 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
The book is rather a foundation...
For some.

For others that foundation has the solidity of a house of cards built on a toothpick.

I have no need of a book to find my true path. Very, very many of us don't.

Old 07-13-2015, 06:04 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
I don't buy it...because that's right out of the book you don't think too much of, so you are you bsing?...
I know without doubt(not because the bible says so)that my conscience bares witness to that which the bible calls a law written within my heart. In other words i know that within me there is something that bares witness to that which is God.

Now now, who said i do not think much of the scriptures?, i do not believe what the fundamentalist believes they are, since when has that been not thinking much of them?.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity