Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 09:12 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,589,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
"Obey me, or else." Sounds like a hostage situation.

I lift my glass to you, Freak..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 09:22 AM

1,100 posts, read 791,440 times
Quote:
"Obey me, or else." Sounds like a hostage situation.
So are you a hostage of society? Are there not consequences for not obeying the laws of society?

Have you ever been a patient and are there not consequences for not listening to your doctor?

The Great Physician is telling the patient that is laden with poisonous sin to take the antidote and live, but the patient is failing to see the urgency; and so the Great Physician says or else which is inferring to the consequences. Seems quite reasonable to me... even if it is still not to you.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:46 AM

18,438 posts, read 9,065,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post
So are you a hostage of society? Are there not consequences for not obeying the laws of society?
I choose to not be a sociopath. That's why I don't break laws.*

Also, most laws are good ideas. They are subject to the consent of the governed and not based on an appeal to absolute authority.

You illustrate why authoritarians such as yourself are a danger to a civilized democratic society.

Quote:
Have you ever been a patient and are there not consequences for not listening to your doctor?

The Great Physician is telling the patient that is laden with poisonous sin to take the antidote and live, but the patient is failing to see the urgency; and so the Great Physician says or else which is inferring to the consequences. Seems quite reasonable to me... even if it is still not to you.
The Snake Oil salesman down tells me that I will die if I don't buy his magic elixer right away. I don't believe him.

*other than the speed limit on some occasions, but not by much.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:08 AM

Quote:
I choose to not be a sociopath. That's why I don't break laws.*

*other than the speed limit on some occasions, but not by much.
So... you are admitting that you are a hostage to the speed laws ... or else.

Quote:
Also, most laws are good ideas. They are subject to the consent of the governed and not based on an appeal to absolute authority.
Even though those elected and hired to be in authority are not always good?

We also have alot of criminals in society that seemed to not want to be a hostage to those laws. With repeat offenders, in spite of being punished, they do seem to be ignoring the "... or else".

So how would you judge them without judging yourself as not doing the same thing?

What do you think those criminals need to stop being the way they are? Jesus or.. Dr. Phil or what?

Quote:
You illustrate why authoritarians such as yourself are a danger to a civilized democratic society.
Do continue to gloss over the danger of how sins can destroy a person's life.

Anarchy in the individual lives can influence the social culture and bring about the decline of society & its ruin. History can certainly testify to the fall of Rome happening in that way.

Quote:
The Snake Oil salesman down tells me that I will die if I don't buy his magic elixer right away. I don't believe him.
People are dying and still you...? Never seen a grave yard? Ot how about the one that was empty?

The problem is... you "think" it is a Snake Oil salesman. With all the poor representatives of christianity & the lies in the world of science, I can see why you would think that way, but all I can say to you is this; seek God under the hope that if He exists, that He will help you to find the truth of Him & He will.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:23 AM

PIS,

Did you know that there are civilized, democratic societies outside of the U.S.? Did you know that many of these places are actually far less religious than the U.S. but actually have lower crime and incarceration rates?

The topic of your thread was drunkness [sic]. Eternally torturing someone with fire because they are drunk is insane. Not even the Taliban tortured people for getting drunk.

And you wonder why people like yourself are called the American Taliban.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:31 AM

Quote:
The problem is... you "think" it is a Snake Oil salesman. With all the poor representatives of christianity & the lies in the world of science, I can see why you would think that way, but all I can say to you is this; seek God under the hope that if He exists, that He will help you to find the truth of Him & He will.
You are exactly like a snake oil salesman. You make outrageous claims in public, and you have zero evidence to back up those claims. You say that there are "lies in the world of science." You claim that there is an Invisible Man who can save me from death just be believing in him. Think about the absurdity of that.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:39 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,589,144 times
Quote:
So... you are admitting that you are a hostage to the speed laws ... or else.
As a matter of fact I am held hostage by speed limits. I want to go much slower than 70. I do not like 55 on a beautiful country road. I like to enjoy my drive.

It is a PIA.

Old 02-19-2015, 06:50 AM

Quote:
PIS,

Did you know that there are civilized, democratic societies outside of the U.S.? Did you know that many of these places are actually far less religious than the U.S. but actually have lower crime and incarceration rates?

The topic of your thread was drunkness [sic]. Eternally torturing someone with fire because they are drunk is insane. Not even the Taliban tortured people for getting drunk.

And you wonder why people like yourself are called the American Taliban.
#1. The eternal torment is what God will dole out to non-believing drunkards that were never saved.

#2. The damnation that an unrepentant believing christian drunkard will incur is being left behind at the pre trib raptre event to be received later on as that vessel unto dishonour in His House. It will be as the Father chastens and scourge any of His childen in being partakers of His holiness: see Hebrews 12th chapter.

#3. Your boast of the Taliban on their dealings with drunkards are hardly applicable, because you don't know for sure. Proof of that is how the Taliban deal with little girls getting an education.

Okay. More proof.

Taliban publically execute alleged murderer, flog drunkards

Quote:
Taliban publically execute alleged murderer, flog drunkards
Posted: 21-03-2014
Taliban continues implementing Shariah laws in parts of Afghanistan despite the fall of their rule in a US-led attack more than 12 years ago.
Do christians flog drunkards? No. But christians are to excommunicate an unrepentant drunkard until he asks for help or repents. BTW If the drunkard aks for help, that is a form of repenting.

It is understandable that not all drunks can stop cold turkey without the risks of dying from alcohol poisoning and so medical help in repentance may be necessary. May God provide from the bounty collected from cheerful givers for the church to help the poor in getting that medical help.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:39 AM

Quote:
You are exactly like a snake oil salesman. You make outrageous claims in public, and you have zero evidence to back up those claims. You say that there are "lies in the world of science." You claim that there is an Invisible Man who can save me from death just be believing in him. Think about the absurdity of that.
This so called "Invisible Man" has an empty tomb.

The Jews do not deny the existence of this Jesus Whom they had crucified.

History does not deny the existence of this Jesus Whom was crucified.

The unexplainable darkness at His crucifixion recorded in secular history does not deny what our Creator had done on the cross as explained in the gospels and the epistles.

So think about the absurdity of the irrefutable fact that your Invisible Man is coming back one day.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You are confusing and equating the rapture of the Church with rewards. The rapture and resurrection of the Church is not a reward which must be earned but is instead the prophetic event which will terminate the Church-age. The entire Church which consists of all Church-age believers will take part in the rapture and resurrection of the Church. This includes the dead in Christ who are currently in heaven, and all Church-age believers who are alive on the earth when the rapture takes place. The Tribulation which will occur during Daniel's 70th week cannot begin as long as the Church is on the earth. Since the Church is one body in Christ no believer can be left behind.
Readers; Mike555 is done discussing this and so I reply for your sake.

Explain why excommunication as taught by Jesus was not something He was going to do.

Quote:
In 1 Cor. 9:24-27 Paul is talking about rewards. In 9:27 the word ἀδόκιμος - adokimos is more properly translated as 'disqualified' or 'unapproved' rather than 'castaway' as the KJV has it. Paul's concern is about not being unapproved or disqualified for rewards. Again, the rapture of the Church is not a reward.
Attending the Marriage Supper held in His honour is a reward & therefore there is a punishment for not running that race by faith in Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd to abide in Him & His words as His disciples.

Go to this link below to examine the last two Greek texts of 1 Corinthians 9:27 & click on them to confirm those definitions below that link.

1st Corinthians Chapter 9 - King James Bible With Strong's Dictionary - Bible Software by johnhurt.com

Quote:
adokimos = from a - a 1 (as a negative particle) and dokimoV - dokimos 1384; unapproved, i.e. rejected; by implication, worthless (literally or morally):--castaway, rejected, reprobate.
Now disqualified & unapproved is to be applied with the next Greek text;

Quote:
ginomai = a prolongation and middle voice form of a primary verb; to cause to be ("gen"-erate), i.e. (reflexively) to become (come into being), used with great latitude (literal, figurative, intensive, etc.):--arise, be assembled, be(-come, -fall, -have self), be brought (to pass), (be) come (to pass), continue, be divided, draw, be ended, fall, be finished, follow, be found, be fulfilled, + God forbid, grow, happen, have, be kept, be made, be married, be ordained to be, partake, pass, be performed, be published, require, seem, be showed, X soon as it was, sound, be taken, be turned, use, wax, will, would, be wrought.
So disqualified & unapproved towards being assembled which results in how & why castaway was used.

Quote:
Luke 12:40-49 seems to apply to Israel during the Tribulation rather than to Christians during this present Church-age. There are parallels between Luke 12:39-46 and the Olivet Discourse in Matthew 24:43-51 which deals with the Tribulation and the Second Advent of Christ (not with the pre-tribulational rapture of the Church).
Readers; do compare those two references of Mike555 because I see them as referring to the pre tribulational rapture event; especially when comparing it to Luke 21:33-36 where the time preceding this taking away is at a time not descriptive of the great tribulation for Mike555 to refer to this time as being of the tribulation and Second Advent of Christ.

Quote:
In 2 Tim. 2:11-13 verse 12 is about the fact that the believer who endures will reign with Christ while the believer who denies Christ will be denied rulership responsibilities in the kingdom. It has nothing to do with being left behind at the rapture of the Church.
Readers: some believers will take Matthew 7:23 as proof that these professing believers were never His nor saved, and yet Titus 1:16 testify that works can deny Him whereas 2 Timothy 2:12-13 testify that by those works denying Him, they will be denied and so Matthew 7:23 was not Jesus saying they were never saved, but by their works of iniquity, they were being denied entrance to the Marriage Supper as described more so in Luke 13:24-30 of sitting down with the O.T. saints as this warning was given to the churches about false prophets coming in to lead many astray from Him in Matthew 7:13-27

Quote:
The only ones who will be 'left behind' are indeed unbelievers. No Church-age believer will be left behind. The partial rapture theory is simply not Biblical.
Even former believers that get left behind are still in His House as He still abides in them as 2 Timothy 2:13 testify along with 2 Timothy 2:18-21 which is why vessels unto dishonour are disqualified from attending the Marriage Supper in His honour for failing to trust Jesus as their Good Shepherd in running that race to abide in Him & His words as His disciples in being received as vessels unto honour in His House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity