Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 10:38 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
With out rain no Rain Bow. No rain before thee flood just dew rising.
Dew rising needed sun. The refraction of light in water aka dew happens regardless of how the moisture is delivered to air and light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2015, 10:40 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The Bible is the Word of God. For example, in the Book of Revelation John states right at the beginning in Revelation 1:1-3,
Rev. 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John, 2] who testified to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. 3] Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it; for the time is near.
The Revelation was given by God the Father to Jesus Christ who communicated it to John who then recorded it in writing. The Revelation is the Word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. The other Books of the Bible are no less the Word of God than is the Book of Revelation which John tells us is God's communicated Word.

Old 02-23-2015, 12:28 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,392,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Dew rising needed sun. The refraction of light in water aka dew happens regardless of how the moisture is delivered to air and light.
Not in the sky. Dew does not rise that far in the Sun and the Sun was diffused before the flood as the water canopy screened the earth against what we have today. The planet was basically tropical in most areas.

Old 02-23-2015, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Not in the sky. Dew does not rise that far in the Sun and the Sun was diffused before the flood as the water canopy screened the earth against what we have today. The planet was basically tropical in most areas.
God wants you to brush up on your science.

Old 02-23-2015, 12:38 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
God wants you to brush up on your science.
No kidding!

At least bring it up to the elementary school level.

Old 02-23-2015, 12:39 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
Quote:
By God, through his chosen penmen.

Evidence exists for a great deal of it. Not everything, as we were not there when a lot of it happened and a lot of things just don't exist now. Enough evidence exists to give reliability to it, except to those who do not want it to be so. No amount of evidence will change their minds.
Such as what? And no amount of evidence will change skeptics' minds because there is no evidence the Bible is true. Sorry.

Old 02-23-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
No kidding!

At least bring it up to the elementary school level.
I was trying to be nice and not say third grade science. Nice, alas was a brief illusion.

Old 02-23-2015, 01:00 PM

33,229 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post

Quote:
The Bible is the Word of God. For example, in the Book of Revelation John states right at the beginning in Revelation 1:1-3,
Rev. 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John, 2] who testified to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. 3] Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it; for the time is near.
The Revelation was given by God the Father to Jesus Christ who communicated it to John who then recorded it in writing. The Revelation is the Word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. The other Books of the Bible are no less the Word of God than is the Book of Revelation which John tells us is God's communicated Word.
I gave you the opportunity to verify the fact that the Bible is the Word of God when I provided you with the information concerning the detailed, not vague, prophecies in the Book of Daniel which are historically verifiable as having been fulfilled, along with information concerning the fact that Daniel was not written after the fact. Your claimed interest turned out to be false, and you continue to mock the Bible. Think then what you wish.

Old 02-23-2015, 01:11 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Quote:
I gave you the opportunity to verify the fact that the Bible is the Word of God when I provided you with the information concerning the detailed, not vague, prophecies in the Book of Daniel which are historically verifiable as having been fulfilled, along with information concerning the fact that Daniel was not written after the fact. Your claimed interest turned out to be false, and you continue to mock the Bible. Think then what you wish.
I was responding to your post that claimed the bible is true because it says so in the bible. If a prophesy in the book of Daniel is your reason for believing the bible, why didn't you say so?

We already had the discussion about the book of Daniel ad nauseum. The language is so vague it could be interpreted to mean almost anything. Believers will see what they want to see.

Even if fulfilled, what would it really mean? That I should become Jewish? The OT was written by them long before Christianity came along, as you know.

Old 02-23-2015, 01:36 PM

33,229 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I was responding to your post that claimed the bible is true because it says so in the bible. If a prophesy in the book of Daniel is your reason for believing the bible, why didn't you say so?

We already had the discussion about the book of Daniel ad nauseum. The language is so vague it could be interpreted to mean almost anything. Believers will see what they want to see.

Even if fulfilled, what would it really mean? That I should become Jewish? The OT was written by them long before Christianity came along, as you know.
The language is not vague. The reason why skeptics try to late date the Book of Daniel is because of the clarity of those prophecies. You didn't bother to study the information I provided you with. But I am not going to renew that discussion here. I brought it up only to show that such clear prophecy can come only from God, and that despite having been given information which verifies that the Bible is the Word of God you continue to mock as with your little napkin picture.

As for the Book of Revelation, it was written by the apostle John (and I realize that many disagree with that). He stated that his vision was given to him by Jesus. I believe him. You don't.

Most skeptics will remain skeptics. But the Bible is the Word of God regardless of what you skeptics think. I'm not spending any further time with this thread. It would be a waste of my time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity