Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 09:27 AM

17,156 posts, read 11,306,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
If you live in joys of this world, like the normal man of the world, the God's word do not find the space on you, like parable of the planter also tell's us.
You seem to think that the physical world is evil? Yet you believe God created it?

Quote:
We should love God more, than the our own family according to the flesh, and we should think that the real family of us is the people's who fill the will of God.
"Fill the will of God"? What does that mean to you? And are you saying that if your child or spouse isn't living up to whatever that is, you aren't allowed to love them, or enjoy their company?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2015, 09:29 AM

709 posts, read 375,160 times
You people's are nor rely christian's at all.

You live your life's according to the flesh like gentiles do, in joys of the world, but you do not know where you are going.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:36 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,584,007 times
Quote:

You live your life's according to the flesh like gentiles do, in joys of the world, but you do not know where you are going.

God made you a beautiful planet. God wants you to enjoy it, yes?

Are you allowed to smile and laugh at the beauty surrounding you? Are you even allowed to notice it?

Old 02-24-2015, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
God made you a beautiful planet. God wants you to enjoy it, yes?

Are you allowed to smile and laugh at the beauty surrounding you? Are you even allowed to notice it?
You speak like the man of the world, who love this world, but know this, that this world do not know God, what you are claim that you serve.

The Bible say that friendship of the world is a enmity for God.

If you do not trust the holy scriptures of Bible, then how can you trust the Spirit which have inspired the Scriptures?

Old 02-24-2015, 10:18 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,022,775 times
Quote:

Free advice: read the posting guidelines in the sticky at the top of the forum. Then follow them.

Old 02-24-2015, 10:21 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,584,007 times
Quote:
You speak like the man of the world, who love this world, but know this, that this world do not know God, what you are claim that you serve.

If you do not trust the holy scriptures of Bible, then how can you trust the Spirit which have inspired the Scriptures?
I speak like a woman who lives in the world. I cannot live in a windowless room. If I did, I would paint windows with a view. I would paint flowers, trees, and lakes on the wall. My nature is to be happy.

God wants me to enjoy the beauty around me. God wants me to take care of the world, and all of it's beauty.

God does not want me to live in a gray, colorless world.

Old 02-24-2015, 10:24 AM

31,374 posts, read 20,025,917 times
Quote:

If you don't find beauty and enjoyment in this world then you are failing to appreciate your God's gifts.

It's unfortunate that so many Christians think being dour is being holy. It isn't. It's just being a Debbie Downer.

Old 02-24-2015, 10:31 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,832,457 times
Quote:

What did Jesus mean when He said,"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."

Check out the meaning of the concept "friendship with the world." You will find that it has to do with selfish pursuits; things taken at the expense of others.

Old 02-24-2015, 10:36 AM

Default Lord Jesus Christ is the way, and the truth, and the life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
If you don't find beauty and enjoyment in this world then you are failing to appreciate your God's gifts.

It's unfortunate that so many Christians think being dour is being holy. It isn't. It's just being a Debbie Downer.
The Bible says that do not love the world, and you do not want to follow the doctrines of it, but make some own doctrines to follow, and what are you winning for that?

Every man can make some own doctrines to follow, even gentiles, but do they follow the Lord Jesus when they do that? No, they follow they own heart desires, like you do.

But I say to you all this, that do not follow your own heart desires, but follow the Lord Jesus because the Lord Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life, and who stay's in him stay's in the life, and get live.

Old 02-24-2015, 10:39 AM

31,374 posts, read 20,025,917 times
Quote:
The Bible says that do not love the world, and you do not want to follow the doctrines of it, but make some own doctrines to follow, and what are you winning for that?

Every man can make some own doctrines to follow, even gentiles, but do they follow the Lord Jesus when they do that? No, they follow they own heart desires, like you do.

But I say to you all this, that do not follow your own heart desires, but follow the Lord Jesus because the Lord Jesus Christ is the way, truth and the life, and who stay's in him stay's in the life, and get live.
And how's that workin' out for ya' Debbie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity