Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 07:51 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,871,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpfoodie View Post
Interesting that you lump light with clean and dark with dirty, personone. I strongly disagree that in all cultures dark is seen as worse than light.
You're probably right. There probably are many cultures that don't see dark as worse than light. The point I was trying to make is that I don't believe (based on my Christian/Catholic faith) that any symbolisms mentioned in the Bible have anything to do with race. Based on our Christian faith, I don't see how we could think that God doesn't love ALL His people. I don't believe that God views us based on our "race/skin color".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2015, 08:07 PM

63,808 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Of course you are talking to the same person. Your problem does not seem to be not knowing who you are talking to . . . but understanding what is written. YOU are the one asserting that the Bible you use decides whether or not you are a Christian . . . NOT me. I do NOT believe the Bible you use matters one whit. They all tell us about Christ. Those who follow Christ are Christians, period. Everything else is human vanity and hubris which I do NOT participate in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
I'm not the one who is calling people Biblicans. That is if I'm talking to the same person.
If the shoe fits . . . If I ask do you follow the Bible as the word of God or Christ as the Word of God . . . what would you answer? If I ask do you believe the truth is in the "letter" of the words "written in ink" or in the "Spirit" of agape love God has "written in our hearts" under the New Covenant unambiguously revealed by Christ . . . what would you answer? Those answers would reveal whether you follow the Bible or you follow Christ. What you follow determines what you are.

Old 05-07-2015, 08:11 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,984,588 times
Quote:
What you follow determines what you are.
Probably the most valid thing you have ever said on here. That goes many ways.

Old 05-07-2015, 08:12 PM

Quote:
If the shoe fits . . . If I ask do you follow the Bible as the word of God or Christ as the Word of God . . . what would you answer? If I ask do you believe the truth is in the "letter" of the words "written in ink" or in the "Spirit" of agape love God has "written in our hearts" under the New Covenant unambiguously revealed by Christ . . . what would you answer? Those answers would reveal whether you follow the Bible or you follow Christ. What you follow determines what you are.
Quote:
Hmmmm . . . I notice you did not answer my questions. Reason?

Old 05-07-2015, 08:25 PM

Quote:
You already know the answer and you already know what you think I am. You aren't stupid. If we weren't on a forum with rules, you would be singing a different tune. You have made it clear what you think about me and my view of Christianity.

Old 05-07-2015, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Of course you are talking to the same person. Your problem does not seem to be not knowing who you are talking to . . . but understanding what is written. YOU are the one asserting that the Bible you use decides whether or not you are a Christian . . . NOT me. I do NOT believe the Bible you use matters one whit. They all tell us about Christ. Those who follow Christ are Christians, period. Everything else is human vanity and hubris which I do NOT participate in.
Quote:
If I ask do you follow the Bible as the word of God or Christ as the Word of God . . . what would you answer? If I ask do you believe the truth is in the "letter" of the words "written in ink" or in the "Spirit" of agape love God has "written in our hearts" under the New Covenant unambiguously revealed by Christ . . . what would you answer? Those answers would reveal whether you follow the Bible or you follow Christ. What you follow determines what you are.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You already know the answer and you already know what you think I am. You aren't stupid. If we weren't on a forum with rules, you would be singing a different tune. You have made it clear what you think about me and my view of Christianity.
I may have made it clear what I think of your view of Christianity . . . but I do NOT know you so I have no idea what you are. You claim to follow Christ . . . so in my view that makes you a Christian. Whether or not Christ or God would agree with you is not for me to say.

Old 05-07-2015, 08:50 PM

Quote:
I may have made it clear what I think of your view of Christianity . . . but I do NOT know you so I have no idea what you are. You claim to follow Christ . . . so in my view that makes you a Christian. Whether or not Christ or God would agree with you is not for me to say.
This is laughable. 100% malarkey.

Old 05-07-2015, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:
This is laughable. 100% malarkey.
Why on earth would you say that??? I have stated my views that Christians are those who claim to follow Christ . . . many, many times. Do you not believe me? How you do that may be different from how I do it . . . but only God knows which of us is right.

Old 05-07-2015, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Why on earth would you say that??? I have stated my views that Christians are those who claim to follow Christ . . . many, many times. Do you not believe me? How you do that may be different from how I do it . . . but only God knows which of us is right.
I'm not taking this conversation serious because you and I both know what you have said to me and others about your beliefs.

Old 05-07-2015, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not taking this conversation serious because you and I both know what you have said to me and others about your beliefs.
I have never tried to hide my BELIEFS nor the fact that they seriously contradict the BELIEFS of others like you who call yourself Christian. But those are differences of specifics and the source of those differences is your reverence for the BIBLE as the 100% word of God. That is why I use the term Bibleian. I think it more accurately describes the differences in our BELIEFS. But I make NO judgment about which of us IS actually Christian. That is not up to me. We both claim it . . . so we both are it. NONE of us has any business trying to judge who is or is not Christian. That is not our job. Our job is to follow Christ as best we can. We differ significantly over how to do that because of your reverence for the Bible and my reverence for Christ's Holy Spirit of agape love who IS God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity