Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 11:03 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,931,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I do not consider you a christian. Yet, you post on this forum. I do not tell you not to post here, do I?

If you read and comprehend your own post, you brought Buddha into it. It seemed a bit out of place so, I directed you to a place that will answer your questions.

My children were well educated in biology. They have a deep appreciation of that teeny tiny sperm. We had the talk. They know how it works. All of their questions were answered. Why? Is there something you wish to know about the reproductive system? Ask away.

I am not confused. You want to make more of your sperm than necessary. Science has taken that to the lab. Women can become pregnant without fornication. Science has solved sin. hahahahaha awesome.
Your answers don't surprise me, you only answer things and in ways that are convenient to you. You either don't believe the things you say or you have sever issues. No loving mother is going to tell their son that he is not needed to raise his children and that he is only needed to donate sperm. See it was okay, when we were talking about everybody else, but when I made the point personal, you started avoiding the conversation. Why don't you own what you said? Because you know it's malarkey.

I asked you if you consider yourself a Christian and then you responded by saying you don't consider me a Christian. Okay great, I don't care what you think about me, I didn't ask you that, but what is it so hard to answer if you are a Christian or not? Are you ashamed? Why hide? Either you are or you aren't.

Old 03-06-2015, 11:24 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,875,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Having said that, here's the facts
Here's the facts:

My wife and I had premarital sex and we have had 43 years of a wonderful marriage.

Both of our children had premarital sex and their marriages (16 and 9 years) are doing very well, with two kids each.

In fact we even encouraged our kids to live with their prospective marriage partners. Our daughter later married the guy.

Our son, however, decided to not marry the girl he was living with, but later got very, very lucky when a gorgeous young lady picked him up at a bar. They got engaged 10 months later, bought a house together, moved in, and were married a year after the engagement.

Old 03-06-2015, 11:27 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,589,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
Your answers don't surprise me, you only answer things and in ways that are convenient to you. You either don't believe the things you say or you have sever issues. No loving mother is going to tell their son that he is not needed to raise his children and that he is only needed to donate sperm. See it was okay, when we were talking about everybody else, but when I made the point personal, you started avoiding the conversation. Why don't you own what you said? Because you know it's malarkey.

I asked you if you consider yourself a Christian and then you responded by saying you don't consider me a Christian. Okay great, I don't care what you think about me, I didn't ask you that, but what is it so hard to answer if you are a Christian or not? Are you ashamed? Why hide? Either you are or you aren't.
No. A loving mother tells her son's they need to bring more than sperm to the table if they wish to raise a family. But rest assured they understand that their family will go on without them if they are irresponsible, at any time.

You are only entitled to get as personal as I allow you. I see your lack of information about me personally has caused you to speculate about something you call sever issues. ahahahaha I am very amused.

I do not hide my faith. I will not allow you to define it. Yet, you continue to speculate about it.

I do not consider you a Christian. I consider you a Fundamentalist. Other than that, I have not spent a lot of time on it. There is no Fundamentalist board here, so you post in this forum.

Old 03-06-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Here's the facts:

My wife and I had premarital sex and we have had 43 years of a wonderful marriage.

Both of our children had premarital sex and their marriages (16 and 9 years) are doing very well, with two kids each.

In fact we even encouraged our kids to live with their prospective marriage partners. Our daughter later married the guy.

Our son, however, decided to not marry the girl he was living with, but later got very, very lucky when a gorgeous young lady picked him up at a bar. They got engaged 10 months later, bought a house together, moved in, and were married a year after the engagement.
To be fair you are providing anecdotal evidence. I don't think anyone is arguing that those who have premarital sex never end up together but statistics seem to suggest that it's more challenging.

Old 03-06-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
To be fair you are providing anecdotal evidence. I don't think anyone is arguing that those who have premarital sex never end up together but statistics seem to suggest that it's more challenging.
To be really fair, the sample size in the study is also anecdotal.

Old 03-06-2015, 11:50 AM

Quote:
And others have asked you and other posters where are the statistics that support that premarital sex leads to strong marriages. Go ahead find a way to avoid the answer.

Old 03-06-2015, 11:56 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,290,617 times
Quote:

He does not seem to understand the difference between critisizing the methodology and disputing the results. If you do not think the methodology is proper he wants you to find a study with different results.

It also does not address the question of if pre marriatal sex leads to marriage break down or if people inclined to instability are more likely to be involved in premarital sex. I read a report that arranged marriages last longer than non arranged marriages hence does culture or family pressures and other factors need to be added into any study on cause and effect of sex before marriage? I would much perfer to find my own mate than have an arranged but stable one. In my opinion happiness for both partners in a marriage is much more important than how long they last. An unhappy marriage may not be the best place to raise children.

The only marriage I am interested is in our own and it will be hitting the big four O this year.

Old 03-06-2015, 12:03 PM

Quote:
And others have asked you and other posters where are the statistics that support that premarital sex leads to strong marriages. Go ahead find a way to avoid the answer.
I only addressed the design of the study. I do not need to find statistics, to support or disprove a study that has no credible methodology behind it. Stuff like that gets you a big old F on the paper, and your grants will dry up.

Clearly you have not read the entire study with the cute baby on the cover.

Old 03-06-2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
He does not seem to understand the difference between critisizing the methodology and disputing the results. If you do not think the methodology is proper he wants you to find a study with different results.

It also does not address the question of if pre marriatal sex leads to marriage break down or if people inclined to instability are more likely to be involved in premarital sex. I read a report that arranged marriages last longer than non arranged marriages hence does culture or family pressures and other factors need to be added into any study on cause and effect of sex before marriage? I would much perfer to find my own mate than have an arranged but stable one. In my opinion happiness for both partners in a marriage is much more important than how long they last. An unhappy marriage may not be the best place to raise children.

The only marriage I am interested is in our own and it will be hitting the big four O this year.
Congrats on the big 40. We are up there with you.

I hear you on the other. Oy.

Old 03-06-2015, 12:10 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,290,617 times
Quote:
Repeatly you have been told that the study is flawed not that the results should be the opposite

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...kes-better-sex

New Study Claims People Who've Had More Sexual Partners Report Unhappier Marriages

Above are two articles showing why studies on the subject may reflect both a bias in the structure of the study and what the results mean.

And a google seach for the topic ends up with pages from religous organizations so not that easy to find and I am not that interested in finding any studies. Personally I would not be surprised if a proper study found zero effect.

A flawed study is as useful as no study at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity