U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-14-2008, 08:29 AM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,240 posts, read 7,833,060 times
Reputation: 17778

Advertisements

I wanted to see and hear what other's think of the "Holy Spirit". I hear Him so toss around in our post. He is a real person! Not a idea or some-thing from God. He is God's Spirit.
Jesus declares Him as the Helper (John 16:7).
He will help us to understand the truth about Christ (John 16:14) and will apply the work of Christ to our hearts.
He encourages us (Acts 4:31), guides us (John 16:13) and illuminates the Scripture for us ( John 16:14-15).
He gives us power ( Acts 1:8), intensifies the love of God in us (Rom. 5:5), and helps us in prayer ( Rom.8:26).
He enables us to reflect God's holy character (Rom. 8:13-14; Gal.5:22-23) and strengthens our potential for Christian growth (Eph.3:16).
God's purpose not only to save His people from their sins, but also to fill us with the Holy Spirit, as on the Day of Pentecost: "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit" (Acts2:38). While the Holy Spirit indwells every believer, yet God both offers and commands us to be completely filled with the Spirit (Eph.5:18). This blessing is granted only to Christ's followers who hunger for the Spirit and, in an act of faith, purposely open their lives to this complete indwelling. Jesus promised that the heavenly Father would "give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him" (Luke 11:13). It is this life of deepened fellowship with God to which Paul exhorts: " If we live in the Spirit, let us walk in the Spirit" (Gal.5:25).
God is so wonderful and He gives us His Spirit!
The reason I post this is yesterday I was cleaning my fireplace out and God move on my heart and spoke to me about something personal, but not a big deal of a situation.
Well to make a long story short. I really believe how important it is for Gods Spirit to be in our lives. There I was cleaning a fireplace out and God was conversing with me, like somebody just sitting talking to me, like one of you were sitting there... I realize He was hearing my thoughts, heart, and sat down there and started talking to me about what I was thinking.
It was so awesome, words can not explain. I have had this done many of times in my life, but I believe reality hit me yesterday!!! I just love Him so much.
How has the Holy Spirit touched you lately? Or revealed Him self in such a way you know without a shadow of doubt God is who He says He is and His Holy Spirit has witness this to your heart? I truly believe God will reveals Himself to those who hunger and thirst for righteousness.

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 01-14-2008 at 08:32 AM.. Reason: correct spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-14-2008, 08:40 AM
 
479 posts, read 1,002,893 times
Reputation: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
I wanted to see and hear what other's think of the "Holy Spirit". I hear Him so toss around in our post. He is a real person! Not a idea or some-thing from God. He is God's Spirit.
Jesus declares Him as the Helper (John 16:7).
He will help us to understand the truth about Christ (John 16:14) and will apply the work of Christ to our hearts.
He encourages us (Acts 4:31), guides us (John 16:13) and illuminates the Scripture for us ( John 16:14-15).
He gives us power ( Acts 1:8), intensifies the love of God in us (Rom. 5:5), and helps us in prayer ( Rom.8:26).
He enables us to reflect God's holy character (Rom. 8:13-14; Gal.5:22-23) and strengthens our potential for Christian growth (Eph.3:16).
God's purpose not only to save His people from their sins, but also to fill us with the Holy Spirit, as on the Day of Pentecost: "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit" (Acts2:38). While the Holy Spirit indwells every believer, yet God both offers and commands us to be completely filled with the Spirit (Eph.5:18). This blessing is granted only to Christ's followers who hunger for the Spirit and, in an act of faith, purposely open their lives to this complete indwelling. Jesus promised that the heavenly Father would "give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him" (Luke 11:13). It is this life of deepened fellowship with God to which Paul exhorts: " If we live in the Spirit, let us walk in the Spirit" (Gal.5:25).
God is so wonderful and He gives us His Spirit!
The reason I post this is yesterday I was cleaning my fireplace out and God move on my heart and spoke to me about something personal, but not a big deal of a situation.
Well to make a long story short. I really believe how important it is for Gods Spirit to be in our lives. There I was cleaning a fireplace out and God was conversing with me, like somebody just sitting talking to me, like one of you were sitting there... I realize He was hearing my thoughts, heart, and sat down there and started talking to me about what I was thinking.
It was so awesome, words can not explain. I have had this done many of times in my life, but I believe reality hit me yesterday!!! I just love Him so much.
How has the Holy Spirit touched you lately? Or revealed Him self in such a way you know without a shadow of doubt God is who He says He is and His Holy Spirit has witness this to your heart? I truly believe God will reveals Himself to those who hunger and thirst for righteousness.

Thanks for that testimony curly. Sometimes I get things coming to my head while I'm in bed, or when I'm in the shower. It's amazing - the Holy Spirit can talk to us and speak through us at anytime of day, there is no limit to when and how he can communicate. Unlike the enemy, God's influence in our lives is very subtle, and many times - we don't even know that he is working through us - until whatever work he has done through us has been completed. That's why rather than worry about the future, God just tells us to trust in him - and that he'll take care of the rest. God bless you. I hope you continue to receive more revelations from the Spirit of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2008, 08:55 AM
 
Location: Pikeville, Ky.
13,393 posts, read 20,716,886 times
Reputation: 17399
I now know that the Holy Spirit has been with me for years and was guiding and leading and teaching me so many things..Sometimes I really was not aware that the choices I made were because He nudged me a little..I am at the point now that I can feel His wisdom and presence in my life each day., and I have no problem talking to Him before I make a choice. Now he is giving me peace and confidence, and yes, I do hear Him..deep down inside myself, where God is..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2008, 08:56 AM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,240 posts, read 7,833,060 times
Reputation: 17778
Yes, Simpleton, I guess maybe that is what was in my heart to say. We walk and He hears even the simple things we are thinking and yet it is moments like that, that we really realize He is in our lives every monent, second of the day. But how often, (I speak for myself) that do we really realize even in our ordinary day He is constantly drawing us to Himself.....coming in the quietness to our hearts.
So many times we have passed by those quiet speakings of His love to direct, guide, protect, teach, or just simply to say to us "I love you and want to help you in all things."
God Bless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2008, 08:57 AM
 
Location: Texas
8,668 posts, read 19,531,176 times
Reputation: 21270
Good post, Curly. I see the Holy Spirit as the best friend we'll ever have if that makes any sense!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2008, 09:06 AM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,240 posts, read 7,833,060 times
Reputation: 17778
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
I now know that the Holy Spirit has been with me for years and was guiding and leading and teaching me so many things..Sometimes I really was not aware that the choices I made were because He nudged me a little..I am at the point now that I can feel His wisdom and presence in my life each day., and I have no problem talking to Him before I make a choice. Now he is giving me peace and confidence, and yes, I do hear Him..deep down inside myself, where God is..
I believe it was you blue, that yesterday I read something you wrote in another post, can't remember just where it was, but it truly stirred my heart into seeking.
You stated that you have come to a place in your life, that you need not to ask anymore. I have been taught this is a life of complete sanctification. When I read your words it spoke to me in a deep way. The Holy Spirit I believe has been for sometime drawing my life into this deeper walk. Where my life ask no more questions but completely trustes in the Father.
God Bless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2008, 09:07 AM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,240 posts, read 7,833,060 times
Reputation: 17778
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Good post, Curly. I see the Holy Spirit as the best friend we'll ever have if that makes any sense!
Yes, it makes all the sense KayKay!! Soon as posted this the scripture came to my heart. John 15:15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I call you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.
God Bless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2008, 09:11 AM
 
479 posts, read 1,002,893 times
Reputation: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
Yes, Simpleton, I guess maybe that is what was in my heart to say. We walk and He hears even the simple things we are thinking and yet it is moments like that, that we really realize He is in our lives every monent, second of the day. But how often, (I speak for myself) that do we really realize even in our ordinary day He is constantly drawing us to Himself.....coming in the quietness to our hearts.
So many times we have passed by those quiet speakings of His love to direct, guide, protect, teach, or just simply to say to us "I love you and want to help you in all things."
God Bless
Yup. That quietness and Love for God is something that this world can never take away from us. Many times we ourselves forget about those fires in which he has already brought us through, without having been burned by the flames of this world. We really should be focusing less on ourselves, and more on praising him and what he has already done and just saying "Thank you Lord for everything you've done. Let the heavens declare your Glory and Love that you've gracefully given to all of your creations."

God bless you too..

In Christ,

Stephen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2009, 11:42 AM
 
Location: Sealy TX which is close to Houston
251 posts, read 207,722 times
Reputation: 59
Default Dead To Sin

Romans 6:11 - Likewise recon ye yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God trough Jesus Christ our Lord.

AFFIRMATION

I deem myself to be dead to sin, energized with the Holy Spirit to walk in the resurrection power of Jesus Christ.

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2009, 12:27 PM
 
4,789 posts, read 4,378,853 times
Reputation: 936
Yes, the Holy Ghost is the third person of the Trinity. When we are saved, He dwells with us; but, if we go to the upper room, He dwells inside of us; this is the baptism that Jesus brought, which is different than John the Baptist's baptism of repentance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:32 PM.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top