Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2015, 05:11 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The current question of women in leadership in the church would do.
Thank you. I appreciate you finally providing an example, but how does this contradict the words of Jesus as written in the Bible since He did not talk about it?

Paul did talk about it, and it is a good example where you can search for the answer with the help of the Spirit, prayer and the Holy Bible. Liberal political correctness demands all people are equal in all matters, and you confuse this with the Holy Spirit speaking to you. How do you know you are not talking to yourself? You say you test it against the "agape love", but you'll have to make yourself the judge of what is loving and what it not, and a church leadership question is not a matter of "loving vs not loving", it is a simple question of different people having different roles in the church.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2015, 05:41 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Finn Jarber, let me tell you something that is in your bible that you not only do not believe is true,and do not believe is in the bible. Proving what i have said all along to you, if you do not believe what is written in the bible, how can you believe that which is not there. ...............The believer is led by the peace of God within him.

Before you try and say it is scripture that gives us peace, you are rejecting how Jesus said it comes............ He gives us peace.

Old 03-25-2015, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Finn Jarber, let me tell you something that is in your bible that you not only do not believe is true,and do not believe is in the bible. Proving what i have said all along to you, if you do not believe what is written in the bible, how can you believe that which is not there. ...............The believer is led by the peace of God within him.

Before you try and say it is scripture that gives us peace, you are rejecting how Jesus said it comes............ He gives us peace.
Yes, I told you He gives us peace. I am glad you listened.

Jesus agrees: "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid"

Your comments about by beliefs are lies (as always).

Old 03-25-2015, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

Jesus agrees: "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid"

Huh When did you mention peace to me ?

Do you believe that the believers are led by peace within ?.

I know you do not see or believe this is in your bible, so my comments are true. If not say you see it and believe, it is really that easy.

Last edited by pcamps; 03-25-2015 at 06:44 AM..

Old 03-25-2015, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Huh When did you mention peace to me ?
The date and time is irrelevant. I must have mentioned is dozens of times. John 14:27 is one my favorite verses.

Old 03-25-2015, 06:45 AM

Quote:

What is that peace for and can you use scriptures from your bible to back up what you believe it is for ?.

Old 03-25-2015, 07:03 AM

If anyone needs more information about their own beliefs, they can just ask pcamps, and he'll make something up.

But then again, why would anyone need someone else to explain their own beliefs to them?

Old 03-25-2015, 07:04 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,385,743 times
Quote:
What is that peace for and can you use scriptures from your bible to back up what you believe it is for ?.

ignore him camps he does this in every thread to try and derail it

Old 03-25-2015, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
ignore him camps he does this in every thread to try and derail it
Actually he initiated the conversation. He asked a question, and I answered it. How does that add up to what you accuse me of?

You making accusations like this derails the thread more than anything I have said.

I am done with pcamps anyway as he has a habit of misrepresenting other peoples beliefs, and asking questions while refusing to answer anything himself.

Old 03-25-2015, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Actually he initiated the conversation. He asked a question, and I answered it. How does that add up to what you accuse me of?

You making accusations like this derails the thread more than anything I have said.

I am done with pcamps anyway as he has a habit of misrepresenting other peoples beliefs, and asking questions while refusing to answer anything himself.

My question was do you believe the peace of God is what the believer is led by?, i did not ask whether you believe Jesus gives us peace. So again acting the artful dodger you avoided the question.
You knew perfectly well that was what i asked and further proof that having been presented with something that is according to the spirit of the scriptures, you choose to fight it rather than acknowledge and accept it because you are sold out to your erroneous misinterpretations of the bible and spent to much time and effort securing yourself in them, that to forsake them, would mean having to humble yourself to let go of them. Many of us have been there on our journeys, but accepting our errors have moved on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity