Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2015, 05:12 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Not playing your game fin, you obviously do not understand my statement or you would not have had to ask that question.
It is not a game. You could just admit you do not have an answer as opposed to pretending there is something wrong with the question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
QED. Here is another example of their games. His question has been answered multiple times, but he pretends not to understand why the question itself is BOGUS! The ONLY "words of Jesus written in ink" within the Bible are those that are compatible with the Spirit of agape love. Any that are NOT compatible are NOT the words of Jesus!!!
You have not answered the question mystic no matter how you pretend you have. I would not be asking again if you had provided the examples.

Can you give examples of words of Jesus "written in ink" which are not His words in your opinion?

Old 03-26-2015, 05:30 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,203,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You have not answered the question mystic no matter how you pretend you have. I would not be asking again if you had provided the examples.

Can you give examples of words of Jesus "written in ink" which are not His words in your opinion?
Offered for you to ignore and create some excuse as to why this s heresay...

Jesus Seminar

Last edited by zthatzmanz28; 03-26-2015 at 05:52 AM..

Old 03-26-2015, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Offered for you to ignore and create some excuse as to why this s heresay...

Jesus Seminar
Please state:

1. The verse
2. What the Spirit told you
3. What the Bible says

Then we can compare.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:27 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,958,660 times
Quote:
Perfect example of someone reading the scriptures and not seeing what is before their own eyes. therefore I will highlight the points for you.

Matthrew 19:3-8
3 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause? 4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, 5 and said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? 6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. 7 They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away? 8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.
"from the beginning" means it was not so from the beginning when Adam and Eve got hitched.

Deuteronomy 24 is part of the 600+ laws God gave to Moses in which Moses writes concerning divorce.
It doesn't say Moses added words which are not inspired by God.

Quote:
Mark 10:2-9
And the Pharisees came to him, and asked him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife? tempting him. 3 And he answered and said unto them, What did Moses command you? 4 And they said, Moses suffered to write a bill of divorcement, and to put her away. 5 And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept. 6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. 7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; 8 and they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. 9 What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunde.

Matthew 5:31-32
31 It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement: 32 but I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Care to explain why Jesus is at odds with Moses here E?
He is not at odds with the law of Moses, He is just adding to that law. He's allowed to you know since He is the law giver.

Quote:
After all Jesus said Moses commanded them to give a writting of divorcement, but from the beginning it was NOT SO. You can find where moses gave this ADDED command that was not there from the beginning written in the OT, but I will leave you a little exercise and let you look them up for yourself.
Those verses do not say Moses put his own words in the law. God gave to Moses those words because of the hardness of their hearts. Since those words are part of the 600+ laws God gave to Moses, they are inspired by God for Israel only.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
Do you believe the Scriptures concerning Christ are inerrant? Do you believe they lie about Christ or tell the truth about Christ?
Quote:
I really do not think you understand what we maintain (or at least I maintain) there is scripture in the bible, but not everything in the bible is scripture.

Not please explain to me what I mean by that statement. I ask you to explain that statement to me because the questions you keep asking show that you do not seem to comprehend my statement. However if you say you do understand my statment then the question you asked has already been answered.
Please don't answer my question with a request for me to explain something to you. Just answer the question.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:31 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,707,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Please don't answer my question with a request for me to explain something to you. Just answer the question.
I answered you--very straight forward. But you have no response.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Of course we believe they tell the truth about Christ!!! Stop this stupid game of pretending not to know what we are saying about the man-made doctrine of Bible inerrancy. You claim for the Bible what it does NOT claim for itself using "precepts and doctrines of men." Christ taught us and demonstrated the TRUE NATURE of God as agape love. He told us to test the Spirit against the Spirit of agape love because God IS agape love.
So you do study the Bible. Does that make you a bibleharlator? No.

Quote:
Any verses that are NOT compatible with the Spirit of agape love are NOT of God or Jesus, period. It is an absolute standard because the truth of God is absolute.
They understand, brother . . . but they prefer to play this disingenuous game of pretending not to understand how we can use the Bible if we do not think it is inerrant. It is very tiresome.
QED. Here is another example of their games. His question has been answered multiple times, but he pretends not to understand why the question itself is BOGUS! The ONLY "words of Jesus written in ink" within the Bible are those that are compatible with the Spirit of agape love. Any that are NOT compatible are NOT the words of Jesus!!!
I think the problem with pcamps and pneuma is they are representing their own spirit and not Christ's spirit. The spirit of Christ would not tell anyone the Scriptures should not be looked into. The spirit of the antichrist might tell us that people who read their Bibles are bibleharlators and bible worshippers, but not the true spirit of Christ.

Do you believe the words Christ spoke and the words about Christ in the Gospels and Paul's writings and Revelation etc. are inerrant? Or do you believe there are some lies in them. Please don't go into a tantrum. Just answer the question.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:39 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,910,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post

One of these days someone will explain to me what "not inerrant" means. Is it in error? No. Is it authority in its own right? No.
And yet again........ and again as long as the inane question keeps coming back without any kind of response to this point.

(Though I should note that the response was concerning a particular passage, and each passage would have to be approved by the Spirit to acknowledge that it is not in error)

Last edited by nateswift; 03-26-2015 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: clarification

Old 03-26-2015, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I believe where He pointed out to others how to keep the spirit of the truth in the scriptures alive, He was correct. I also believe where He pointed out with His actions the Scriptures were "interpreted" incorrectly--He was also correct.

Since Jesus never said, "Have faith in the inerrancy of Scripture," then I don't presume to put those words in His mouth as you do. He respected scripture. So do I. He followed SOME of it. So do I. He rejected some of it. So do I. But you put words in His mouth by making Him say--the Bible is inerrant. If it was, He wouldn't have had to say so many, "But I say unto you's."

He said it would never pass away until He returned. And He was prophetically correct. We have fundamentalists passing it around like it came off the heavenly printing presses yesterday morning. You interpret that to mean a GOOD thing. I see it as something less than complimentary, because He knew how many religious people would keep it as the letter of the law, rather than the law from which He was freeing us.

If you don't know what scripture He rejected, don't ask me. Read your Bible---without having the answer in your head. Hint, possibility of learning for yourself instead of spouting what you've been indoctrinated with. Coming from a fundamentalist background, I know how difficult it can be to break away from the mind control, look at both sides of the picture, and make a decision between you and the Lord. It's easy to be a fundamentalist. Every time you read the Bible it is PERFECT. Every time you need to make a decision, it's advice is PERFECT. It's easy to carry around in your hand or your car just within physical reach, and you feel a warm glow when you touch it. Sort of like that Golden Calf at the foot of the mountain.

It's far harder to leave the Golden Calf at the foot of the mountain and start climbing up into the thunder and clouds above where the only choice you have is to reach out to the Son of God.
But that is exactly the point. You must leave your idolatry and live on the cusp of doubt. It is only there real faith is found. If you know the leaves fall from the sky, you needn't faith to believe they will--but doesn't your group insist faith is the be all and in all? Then practice it.

I'm not into the how-to manual Bible. I'm into the "Lets get're done manual." Fundamentalists are stuck on pointing out "how-to." Those that have grown past the milk and crackers of childhood and trying to use a manual to figure out how to build a sand trap--- are into "lets get're done."
I see you've been worshiping that so-called "golden calf." Otherwise how would you know what you know about Jesus if you never looked into that so-called "golden calf"? Geesh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity