Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 05:10 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,612,415 times

Advertisements

Allowing a group to co-opt my faith is abhorrent to me. So, I share my beliefs. I do not allow anyone to define my faith.

My faith allows lessons to come in many forms. We just have to be open to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 05:43 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I mostly do it to correct and rebuke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Allowing a group to co-opt my faith is abhorrent to me. So, I share my beliefs. I do not allow anyone to define my faith.

My faith allows lessons to come in many forms. We just have to be open to them.
I am here because I hate how the right has marginalized the very people Jesus was drawn too. Because the right says GREED is good and being poor is a crime.
Because Jesus would have never blown up a woman's clinic
Because Jesus would never try to take health care away
Because Jesus would never discriminate against anyone

I AM HERE BECAUSE MY SILENCE NO LONGER PROTECTS ME

Last edited by zthatzmanz28; 10-15-2017 at 09:51 AM..

Old 03-20-2015, 06:13 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
you are in a fairytale world there dude.
real life can suck, it's hard, and people die.

Old 03-20-2015, 06:45 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I am here because I hate how the right has marginalized the very people Jesus was drawn too. Because the right says GREED is good and being poor is a crime.
Because Jesus would have never blown up a woman's clinic
Because Jesus would never try to take health care away
Because Jesus would never discriminate against anyone

I AM HERE BECAUSE MY SILENCE NO LONGER PROTECTS ME
Rock.on zthatzmanz. You get it. The people who do need to be LOUD.

Old 03-20-2015, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
you are in a fairytale world there dude.
real life can suck, it's hard, and people die.
Oh hi, Trolley. Is it time to go back to reality now?

Did Jesus LOAD the GUN and pull the TRIGGER?

Last edited by zthatzmanz28; 10-15-2017 at 09:51 AM..

Old 03-20-2015, 10:22 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
I see it in this and other forums time and time again. Secular humanists, atheists what-have-you people come in over and over again posting their arguments against "religion" specifically in the field of homosexuality and abortion to stir things up and get tempers flaring. They are like a drunken person with a 10-second memory that asks over and over again "Why am I being arrested"? "Because you are drunk and disorderly"! "I 'm not drunk and disorderly blah, blah, blah...". Then, ten seconds later "Why am I being arrested"? Does anyone that posts against religion/Christianity really think they are going to change anyone's mind in this forum or out? Do you really think that you are going to wear anyone down? Are you that naïve? If anything, you are solidifying Christian/religious convictions by your relentless persecution. Some of you are probably bored no doubt and think this is a fun thing to do. Some of you just like to go in and pick a fight and lambast others so you can feel good about yourselves. Some of you do believe in God/Jesus, you just hate him. And I am sure some are trying to create rifts and fights between various groups so you can divide and conquer or just get things going so you can sit back, watch the battle and feel proud of yourself. Really. Are you serious? Do you really want everyone to be the same? Do you really think that YOU'RE belief system is that perfect that it gives you a right to attack everyone else's? I just have to laugh and shake my head.

You never know. For years I defended christianity against those types on religious forums. As time went by, their questions and arguments resonated more and more with me. I consider it the catalyst that led me to denouncing my christianity, and ultimately led me towards atheism.

Old 03-21-2015, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
You never know. For years I defended christianity against those types on religious forums. As time went by, their questions and arguments resonated more and more with me. I consider it the catalyst that led me to denouncing my christianity, and ultimately led me towards atheism.
Personally, I'd rather dine an HONEST atheist than a closed-minded theist any day of the week.

Old 03-21-2015, 09:04 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Personally, I'd rather dine an HONEST atheist than a closed-minded theist any day of the week.
Learning to think about the inconsistencies and failures of institutional Christianity is a step in the right direction. I was many years an atheist for that reason.

Old 03-21-2015, 05:27 PM

299 posts, read 263,576 times
Default The Real Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
I see it in this and other forums time and time again. Secular humanists, atheists what-have-you people come in over and over again posting their arguments against "religion" specifically in the field of homosexuality and abortion to stir things up and get tempers flaring...Does anyone that posts against religion/Christianity really think they are going to change anyone's mind in this forum or out? Do you really think that you are going to wear anyone down? Are you that naïve? If anything, you are solidifying Christian/religious convictions by your relentless persecution. Some of you are probably bored no doubt and think this is a fun thing to do. Some of you just like to go in and pick a fight and lambast others so you can feel good about yourselves. Some of you do believe in God/Jesus, you just hate him. And I am sure some are trying to create rifts and fights between various groups so you can divide and conquer or just get things going so you can sit back, watch the battle and feel proud of yourself. Really. Are you serious? Do you really want everyone to be the same? Do you really think that YOU'RE belief system is that perfect that it gives you a right to attack everyone else's? I just have to laugh and shake my head.
John 3:18-21: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
When people hate the Lord Jesus Christ and His inerrant Word, they live in the darkness. They love darkness rather than light, because their deeds are evil. They do not want the light of God's Word to shine upon them, because it convicts them of their sin, and of God's righteousness, and of judgment to come.
Thus they mock. They try to shut down those who love God's truth. They incriminate, insinuate, and dominate wherever possible.
We who love the Lord have 2 choices: either keep on proclaiming the truth at our current post, or shake the dust off our feet (Luke 10:1-12) and move on to a place where the Gospel message is better received.
The Holy Spirit will guide His children (individuals/families/churches) which one He wants them to do.
Child of God, though dark be the times, let's be bright lights for the Lord Jesus Christ!

Old 03-21-2015, 06:56 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NT Fellowship View Post
John 3:18-21: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
When people hate the Lord Jesus Christ and His inerrant Word, they live in the darkness. They love darkness rather than light, because their deeds are evil. They do not want the light of God's Word to shine upon them, because it convicts them of their sin, and of God's righteousness, and of judgment to come.
Thus they mock. They try to shut down those who love God's truth. They incriminate, insinuate, and dominate wherever possible.
We who love the Lord have 2 choices: either keep on proclaiming the truth at our current post, or shake the dust off our feet (Luke 10:1-12) and move on to a place where the Gospel message is better received.
The Holy Spirit will guide His children (individuals/families/churches) which one He wants them to do.
Child of God, though dark be the times, let's be bright lights for the Lord Jesus Christ!
I would correct you, were I not certain you are immune to same.

Therefore, consider yourself lucky.

You're getting off with just a rebuke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity