Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 08:12 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Doesn't every wise woman?
I have some home-grown tobacco that will soon be ready to harvest and dry. I am anxious to watch its smoke rise.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-24-2015 at 08:49 PM.. Reason: pre-empting the apostrophe police
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 08:31 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
Quote:
I stand corrected. You told me I am demon possessed.
No I didn't. I never addressed you personally. You responded to something that was never directed to you.

If I said all men were dogs, would you respond to that? Of course not. You responded to something you deemed yourself to be.

Old 03-24-2015, 08:41 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
No I didn't. I never addressed you personally. You responded to something that was never directed to you.

If I said all men were dogs, would you respond to that? Of course not. You responded to something you deemed yourself to be.

You see, there is something called the internet, and we can see everything you write.

Below the line, is you quoting me in another thread. Notice the whole demon possessed thing. You reinforce why God did not choose a man to conceive Jesus. Get behind me, Grasshopper.

Edit add--- You do not decide who ,or where I respond. As you may have noticed, I will not allow it. If I choose to engage you I will. I do not need your permission.
__________________________________________________ _____________________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative
Is that you Franklin Graham? I will remind you again. You do not get to define my faith. I see how the enemy works. He is small and mean, and unable to open his arms wide to embrace others. It is easy to spot the enemy. Good heavens. No wonder God did not use sperm to create Jesus.

You just admitted that you are demon possessed. The statement I made wasn't even directed at you, but you made it about you because you already know the truth.

Last edited by RonkonkomaNative; 03-24-2015 at 08:46 PM.. Reason: adding

Old 03-24-2015, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I have some home-grown tobacco that will soon be ready to harvest and dry. I am anxious to watch it's smoke rise.
That is awesome.

Old 03-24-2015, 08:53 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Doesn't every wise woman?
And every wise man.

(And sweetgrass.)

Old 03-24-2015, 09:03 PM

Quote:
You see, there is something called the internet, and we can see everything you write.

Below the line, is you quoting me in another thread. Notice the whole demon possessed thing. You reinforce why God did not choose a man to conceive Jesus. Get behind me, Grasshopper.

Edit add--- You do not decide who ,or where I respond. As you may have noticed, I will not allow it. If I choose to engage you I will. I do not need your permission.
__________________________________________________ _____________________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative
Is that you Franklin Graham? I will remind you again. You do not get to define my faith. I see how the enemy works. He is small and mean, and unable to open his arms wide to embrace others. It is easy to spot the enemy. Good heavens. No wonder God did not use sperm to create Jesus.

You just admitted that you are demon possessed. The statement I made wasn't even directed at you, but you made it about you because you already know the truth.
You got offended about someone calling people demon possessed. You didn't get offended about people calling out Fundamentalists? Because you don't consider yourself one of those people. You didn't get offended by comments made about men? Because you're not a man. Yet I make a comment about people being demon possessed and you responded?

Conviction.

Last edited by justtitans; 03-24-2015 at 09:15 PM..

Old 03-24-2015, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
And every wise man.

(And sweetgrass.)
I love the aroma of sweet grass on the salt marsh. Wise man indeed.

Old 03-25-2015, 01:25 AM

24,122 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I am here because I hate how the right has marginalized the very people Jesus was drawn too. Because the right says GREED is good and being poor is a crime.
Because Jesus would have never blown up a woman's clinic
Because Jesus would never try to take health care away
Because Jesus would never discriminate against anyone

I AM HERE BECAUSE MY SILENCE NO LONGER PROTECTS ME

Well said. And silence has never protected anyone.

Old 03-25-2015, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I am also a follower of JESUS - a Christian - not a Paulian. Paul was an opinionated man of his day. Zelous and imperfect are two words that come to mind.

I don't worship him or hang on to all of his teachings.
He's opinionated even though he was around when Jesus was on the earth, heard his teachings and was influenced by them, yet you didn't live during the time that Jesus was on earth and yet you apparently know more about Jesus and what he really meant about the church because....?

Paul was far from a perfect man, but I find it amazing how people think they know what Jesus taught his apostles. Again, there were disciples who sat right there and heard Jesus on a daily basis, and they decided to minister with Paul. If his message was so far away from Christ, why would they continue to minister with him?

Old 03-25-2015, 06:59 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
He's opinionated even though he was around when Jesus was on the earth, heard his teachings and was influenced by them, yet you didn't live during the time that Jesus was on earth and yet you apparently know more about Jesus and what he really meant about the church because....?

Paul was far from a perfect man, but I find it amazing how people think they know what Jesus taught his apostles. Again, there were disciples who sat right there and heard Jesus on a daily basis, and they decided to minister with Paul. If his message was so far away from Christ, why would they continue to minister with him?
If he was alive he might even be shocked with how bad we screwed up what he meant. he might say "I should have been more careful!!!!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity