Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 07:51 AM

125 posts, read 91,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Ben Carson is a welfare baby that took every government handout and now wants to take food out of the mouths of children.
LOL that statement right there shows you know NOTHING about the man who would go to farms with his mother and offer to pick 4 bushels to keep 1. You're a perfect example of everything CS Lewis wrote about. Tear down and seek to destroy anyone who is not like you.

Thanks for making point!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2015, 08:33 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times
Evil thrives on inequality. Evil thrives when people are property. Evil thrives when people are poor.

Evil thrives when they deny LGBT rights. Evil thrives when children are hungry. Evil thrives when people are denied health care.

Evil shows itself even in signs on churches.

Old 03-21-2015, 08:43 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
That's just crazy-talk...
The sign is absolute CRAZY TALK, it is BAT GUANO CRAZY..

Old 03-21-2015, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasroane View Post
LOL that statement right there shows you know NOTHING about the man who would go to farms with his mother and offer to pick 4 bushels to keep 1. You're a perfect example of everything CS Lewis wrote about. Tear down and seek to destroy anyone who is not like you.

Thanks for making point!
Isn't the CS LEWIS book a work of FICTION????

The Screwtape Letters is a Christian apologetic novel written by C. S. Lewis. It is written in a satirical, epistolary style and while it is fictional in format,

What farms are in DETROIT??

Benjamin Solomon Carson was born in Detroit, Michigan, on September 18, 1951. The second son of Sonya and Robert Solomon Carson, Ben grew up in the hardened climate of inner-city Detroit.

FLASH___

Now hold on just a darn second here. Carson got free Government Glasses, and his mom received government largesse well beyond food stamps, which were the last step that helped her become independent?

Read more at http://wonkette.com/550031/ben-carso...K8lVtDlVF0G.99

From Ben's own crooked lips--

Not only that, in “Gifted Hands” we read this nugget: “By the time I reached ninth grade, mother had made such strides that she received nothing but food stamps. She couldn’t have provided for us and kept up the house without that subsidy.”

Old 03-21-2015, 10:06 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
The sign is absolute CRAZY TALK, it is BAT GUANO CRAZY..
Yup...Just another way Christianity attempts to subdue the gullible...

Old 03-21-2015, 10:20 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Just wondering how some people actually get themselves dressed in the morning, let alone are able to reproduce..

Is this really how the tabernacle group wants to be remembered for?
Buncha' knobs.

Old 03-21-2015, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Buncha' knobs.
If God hates something, it MUST BE HATED BY ALL..

Old 03-21-2015, 05:15 PM

125 posts, read 91,769 times
Quote:
Isn't the CS LEWIS book a work of FICTION????

The Screwtape Letters is a Christian apologetic novel written by C. S. Lewis. It is written in a satirical, epistolary style and while it is fictional in format,

What farms are in DETROIT??

Benjamin Solomon Carson was born in Detroit, Michigan, on September 18, 1951. The second son of Sonya and Robert Solomon Carson, Ben grew up in the hardened climate of inner-city Detroit.

FLASH___

Now hold on just a darn second here. Carson got free Government Glasses, and his mom received government largesse well beyond food stamps, which were the last step that helped her become independent?

Read more at Ben Carson So Glad His Welfare Mom Wasn’t Dependent On Government | Wonkette

From Ben's own crooked lips--

Not only that, in “Gifted Hands” we read this nugget: “By the time I reached ninth grade, mother had made such strides that she received nothing but food stamps. She couldn’t have provided for us and kept up the house without that subsidy.”
Uh, some of the most brilliant books that gave us the most brilliant insight into Spiritual matters were works of fiction. Pilgrim's Progress, The Faerie Queen, Piers Plowman, etc. So what of it? Didn't our Lord speak in fictional parables to teach us valuable spiritual lessons?

My source for Carson's info are his books and his interview.

At least be honest. If he was a liberal democrat would you like him? If you won't even give him the benefit of the doubt then you have again proved my point. I stand by what I said. Did the government give him his desire to apply himself and study? Did the government help him become one of the greatest neurosurgeon's in the country? Did the government provide him with a good biblical upbringing that has helped him to be so successful? Whatever aid He may have received from the government he has given back at least as much to society in scholarships.

You obviously despise him based on your vehement response. Because he is not like you. He doesn't think like you. He doesn't like the things you like. He is not equal to you. No, he is much better than you or I. And that's why you hate him. Again...you proved my point.

Old 03-21-2015, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasroane View Post
Uh, some of the most brilliant books that gave us the most brilliant insight into Spiritual matters were works of fiction. Pilgrim's Progress, The Faerie Queen, Piers Plowman, etc. So what of it? Didn't our Lord speak in fictional parables to teach us valuable spiritual lessons?

My source for Carson's info are his books and his interview.

At least be honest. If he was a liberal democrat would you like him? If you won't even give him the benefit of the doubt then you have again proved my point. I stand by what I said. Did the government give him his desire to apply himself and study? Did the government help him become one of the greatest neurosurgeon's in the country? Did the government provide him with a good biblical upbringing that has helped him to be so successful? Whatever aid He may have received from the government he has given back at least as much to society in scholarships.

You obviously despise him based on your vehement response. Because he is not like you. He doesn't think like you. He doesn't like the things you like. He is not equal to you. No, he is much better than you or I. And that's why you hate him. Again...you proved my point.
The only thing he is better than I is as a neurosurgeon...as for being "human" he still has to accept the fact the government support his family with food stamps and government insurance..as stated in his book. As written in his OWN BOOK.

The point of being on government food stamps is that now he Wants to ELIMINATE the programs because he claims they just make people dependent on charity and people are not motivated to better themselves. I could care less how much government money he took, his family probably NEEDED that to survive (as he said) so why deny others who are in the same situation as he and his family were?.

OH..where are the farms in Detroit he would gather food from to donate? and who did he donate the food to--GLEANERS FOOD BANK?

I do not despise HIM, I do however despise his twisted version of the truth and his attempts to harm people economically.

Again, YOU prove my point..

See how silly that sounds when I say it? Now hear yourself saying it and tell me how it sounds..

Old 03-21-2015, 08:16 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
I think it's OK, signs are used to get people thinking.
The problem is that it could get people thinking that equal rights are something less than desirable according to the Christian church.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity