Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 04:39 AM

50 posts, read 39,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Over the last few days we have been discussing the results of a conference awhile back that led to the listing of "The Fundamentals of the Christian Faith" Which have been identified as inerrancy, the virgin birth of Christ, atonement, bodily resurrection and the historic truth of the miracles of Jesus.

As far as I am concerned there is ample indication that none of them is essential for a Christian to believe in order to follow Christ. Even the Atonement, which I believe to be true as stated, though the mechanism that pretty much all fundamentalists believe is a travesty, is not something that one must believe in order to follow Christ. It may be something that is good to believe to understand how we can be in God's good graces in spite of our failures, but not necessary to have faith that we can be in that position by a commitment to the love (concern for the well-being of others) that Jesus taught.

What is missing from "The Fundamentals?" The BASIS of the new covenant in (not 10, but) THE New Commandment. When Jesus said "Behold I give you a new commandment," He was not saying that it was one that never was seen before, He was saying that THIS is the basis for the New Covenant, the ONE "Commandment."

How did that conference miss this one simple fact?

{There, stated as such before Warden actually said it. He has been getting too darn close, forcing me to make this thread a little early}
Is the new commandment: love one another, that you are talking about?

Well, it is not a new commandment to me. The first of all, a Jew has to love GOD. Secondly, the man was created in the image of GOD. Thirdly, so loving one another is in accordance with loving GOD all you heart, mights, and soul. It is not a new commandment.

The thing that you have to bewared is that the certain peoples you might not forebear on. There are some people that to be disassociated with GOD. And I am pondering on the specifications now. So far I cleared a people that would be identified with the name of Cannites now. And my mind is healing on now ever since I decided to disown them. May the LORD not being hurt in the cleaning processes. I could no more bear them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 06:08 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
whats missing?

"Uniformitarianism" when forming a belief or conclusion.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:56 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
whats missing?

"Uniformitarianism" when forming a belief or conclusion.
There is uniformatiatianism, some just have a very different way of translating the laws to be more oppressive and punitive than others who believe the law is MERCIFUL, FORGING and ALL LOVING.

Are you thinking about CONFORMITY? or as some call it--

THE MINDLESS ACCEPTANCE OF A BELIEF BECAUSE ONE HAS BEEN INTIMIDATED INTO BELIEVING IT AS THE TRUTH BECAUSE FREE_WILL IS EVIL AND OF THE DEVIL type behavior?

Old 04-01-2015, 08:40 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoveringMyArm399 View Post
Is the new commandment: love one another, that you are talking about?

Well, it is not a new commandment to me. The first of all, a Jew has to love GOD. Secondly, the man was created in the image of GOD. Thirdly, so loving one another is in accordance with loving GOD all you heart, mights, and soul. It is not a new commandment.
You are absolutely right, it is NOT "new" in that sense, so what could Jesus have meant by it? Let's back up just a little and ask what the basis of the previous covenant was, the one with the Hebrew nation. Was it not "The Ten Commandments" that form the basis of the 615 mitzvot or "Law?" So now we come to a "NEW Covenant" and what is to be the basis of that? I submit that it is the "New Commandment," or the commandment that is to replace the Ten as the basis for conduct and relationship with God and man.

It's not about laws.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
There is uniformatiatianism, some just have a very different way of translating the laws to be more oppressive and punitive than others who believe the law is MERCIFUL, FORGING and ALL LOVING.

Are you thinking about CONFORMITY? or as some call it--

THE MINDLESS ACCEPTANCE OF A BELIEF BECAUSE ONE HAS BEEN INTIMIDATED INTO BELIEVING IT AS THE TRUTH BECAUSE FREE_WILL IS EVIL AND OF THE DEVIL type behavior?
no I am not thinking about CONFORMITY.

I am talking about basing belief on a simple notion of uniformatiatianism. Religions should be using this as a base for the normal regular crazy people. That is just a base claim. You can't really rationalize a stance against that.

You are talking about people with personality disorders under the disguised of intellect pushing false claims and counter intuitive conclusions. I agree with the take. I do not agree with the notion "that everybody is wrong that doesn't feel like I do." nor will I skew experimental evidence to meet that end. I only deal with reasonable and unreasonable based on the information. Fundiez should too

why do atheists dislike my take on "beliefs" so much that they consistently twist what I am saying? The only thing I can think of is that I say "not everything they say is evil." And I ask, exactly what are we talking about that makes them so "wrong"? love, compassion, and understanding? Or personality disorders? The pastor is JO? I agree with that.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post

It's not about laws.
So...... could I be gay? lol just kidding. I say really. Don't even think about it.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:34 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
So...... could I be gay? lol just kidding. I say really. Don't even think about it.
What does being gay--or not---have to do with the condition of your heart?

Old 04-01-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
no I am not thinking about CONFORMITY.

I am talking about basing belief on a simple notion of uniformatiatianism. Religions should be using this as a base for the normal regular crazy people. That is just a base claim. You can't really rationalize a stance against that.

You are talking about people with personality disorders under the disguised of intellect pushing false claims and counter intuitive conclusions. I agree with the take. I do not agree with the notion "that everybody is wrong that doesn't feel like I do." nor will I skew experimental evidence to meet that end. I only deal with reasonable and unreasonable based on the information. Fundiez should too

why do atheists dislike my take on "beliefs" so much that they consistently twist what I am saying? The only thing I can think of is that I say "not everything they say is evil." And I ask, exactly what are we talking about that makes them so "wrong"? love, compassion, and understanding? Or personality disorders? The pastor is JO? I agree with that.
Yes, it is a base claim. A claim from somebody whose name is LOVE or Jealous. What interested me about the social sciences was that they are illogical yet manipulating. While all the chins were studying the western sciences, physics, and medicines; thinking that is the way to Powers. Good slaves are they, aren't they? In Taiwan, here was this joke. There were two university graduates went to docs after 4 years of marriage. The university graduates didn't know how to make babies. So anywho, the computers stay in the computer rooms. Don't come out to freak everybody by playing Emperor. And there is a charge concerning dealing with brutal beasts, too.

You go out on the street, there will be millions people playing judges. You are going to hear the Judge or the judges?

Old 04-01-2015, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
What does being gay--or not---have to do with the condition of your heart?
Of course it has. Don't you notice the so called women are so masculine these days? Or is it just in my part of world? I am kinda confused....... Jeez, another aeons of loniness.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Yes, it is a base claim. A claim from somebody whose name is LOVE or Jealous. What interested me about the social sciences was that they are illogical yet manipulating. While all the chins were studying the western sciences, physics, and medicines; thinking that is the way to Powers. Good slaves are they, aren't they? In Taiwan, here was this joke. There were two university graduates went to docs after 4 years of marriage. The university graduates didn't know how to make babies. So anywho, the computers stay in the computer rooms. Don't come out to freak everybody by playing Emperor. And there is a charge concerning dealing with brutal beasts, too.

You go out on the street, there will be millions people playing judges. You are going to hear the Judge or the judges?
I am not sure what you mean. "uniformatiatianism" means we use what we know to describe things we don't. It implies being honest with understanding what we don't know.

I am ok with social engineering. And you are right about the illogical people. They can be very smart and have a lot of charisma. They'll just flat out ignore ya or worse if you push any sort of logic on them. But of course my stance has nothing to do with what people believe. It is rather how they believe. Its not a popular take.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity