Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2015, 01:24 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,574,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Nothing to disagree with there.

People are the mouth of God, as I see it, just as they are the "hands and feet" of Christ.
proteins.
we live because of proteins. Guess what we are? Guess what we are if we live like "Jesus"?
Probability. Seems to be how things run. what that means is bell curve everything to get a clue how many will have to work to be better. and how many will reject good teachings no matter what. of course the curve flexes and moves, but it's a good enough approximation for people that understand what is going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2015, 02:57 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,916,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
This man got reawakened to the Glory of the Kingdom of Heaven because the written word and the Spirit agree. God speaks afresh with both what has been written and the new.
When they do, it can be very powerful, when they do not, taking what is written over the Spirit can be devastating.

Old 04-05-2015, 10:28 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
The Bible himself doth testify with our spirit, that we are children of God;

Old 04-05-2015, 05:11 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123;39088192This man got reawakened to the Glory of the Kingdom of Heaven [B
because the written word and the Spirit agree.[/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
When they do, it can be very powerful, when they do not, taking what is written over the Spirit can be devastating.
It is the latter that corrupts the New Testament Good News of Christ's Gospel into the same old Old Testament Bad News of a wrathful, vengeful God who is so incredibly petty He needed to be appeased by the horrendous scourging and crucifixion of an innocent . . . because that is what our ignorant, savage and barbaric ancestors thought God always wanted from them. It is a travesty of ancient ignorance that is perpetuated even in the 21st century as a sign of faith in God . . . OR ELSE!. Sad, very, very sad.

Old 04-10-2015, 11:25 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You really do not see what you are saying. You are tying God down to the bible. If you want to know the character of God we look to Jesus Christ, that is why he said "if you have seen me you have seen the Father", he never said search the scriptures to see what God is like, you behold me for I AM all that God is. You know this to be true, but you will not accept it. And yes you are making Eph 1:17 mean what you want it to say, read it again, it tells you what the source of wisdom and knowledge is, the source being God and Jesus Christ is our knowledge and wisdom of God, not the bible, for he reflects the image that he is.

EPH 1:17 "That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him:"

The Knowledge of Him comes in many ways but all by the Spirit of Christ. It is written "all things have become new.", if one is in Christ. He speaks to us directly [still small voice], by the Word of Knowledge, Word of Wisdom, Prophecy, from creation, from Scripture, and from others.

It is you that have boxed Christ in.

The Bible is unique. It was written because of the anointing and it is interpreted by the anointing. It is part of God's biography in written form. It came to us from the mouth and hand of God using Prophets.

Creation displays the nature of God in the physical. Read it correctly by the Spirit and you will know the thoughts of God.

The Scriptures do have Power.
ROM 15:4 "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope."

Without Christ they are just pen and ink.

Old 04-10-2015, 01:12 PM

Quote:
EPH 1:17 "That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him:"

The Knowledge of Him comes in many ways but all by the Spirit of Christ. It is written "all things have become new.", if one is in Christ. He speaks to us directly [still small voice], by the Word of Knowledge, Word of Wisdom, Prophecy, from creation, from Scripture, and from others.

It is you that have boxed Christ in.

The Bible is unique. It was written because of the anointing and it is interpreted by the anointing. It is part of God's biography in written form. It came to us from the mouth and hand of God using Prophets.

Creation displays the nature of God in the physical. Read it correctly by the Spirit and you will know the thoughts of God.

The Scriptures do have Power.
ROM 15:4 "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope."

Without Christ they are just pen and ink.
Boxed him in ?. How could i be boxing Christ in when i believe the whole world is full of the glory and presence of the Lord,he is in all things,and speaks through all of his creation,but the greater than all that is the knowledge of Christ within(not a man with a beard or a tingling sensation) and the reality that he's always been there and that there wax never ever any separation from him the greater one within and there never will be. The fact that we do not know this reality or believe it,is the reason why we rely so heavily on the bible. I read scripture daily, yet i know without doubt i could go weeks without reading it and it would never affect the state i live out of......... The peace that passes all understanding, and that same peace speaks volumes more than the 66 volumed book called the bible. So Christ who is our peace is the source of Life and not the bible which Jesus emphatically said is not the source of Life.

Please stop insinuating that i am rejecting the scriptures, i am saying they are not what you say they are.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:14 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,150 times
Quote:
Boxed him in ?. How could i be boxing Christ in when i believe the whole world is full of the glory and presence of the Lord,he is in all things,and speaks through all of his creation,but the greater than all that is the knowledge of Christ within(not a man with a beard or a tingling sensation) and the reality that he's always been there and that there wax never ever any separation from him the greater one within and there never will be. The fact that we do not know this reality or believe it,is the reason why we rely so heavily on the bible. I read scripture daily, yet i know without doubt i could go weeks without reading it and it would never affect the state i live out of......... The peace that passes all understanding, and that same peace speaks volumes more than the 66 volumed book called the bible. So Christ who is our peace is the source of Life and not the bible which Jesus emphatically said is not the source of Life.

Please stop insinuating that i am rejecting the scriptures, i am saying they are not what you say they are.
Now it is you who are insinuating that I have some a wrong understanding of what the Scriptures are meant to be for. Let me say it again in a nutshell, the Scriptures do not save but they are schoolmasters to bring many to Christ who alone does save because they are His words and they are also for edification and instruction for those who are saved.

They word is spoken in eternity to instruct the world in eternal values and therefore always true. Christ reconstitutes the Scriptures from mere written words to Him speaking them afresh with Power and they are sharper than any two edged sword. The Spirit and His Word agree and they go hand and hand. He has said that He puts His word above His name because they describe His character.

PS 138:2 "I will worship toward Your holy temple, and praise your name for Your loving-kindness and for Your truth: for You have magnified Your word above all Your name."

What you say you believe and how you come across to the public are two different things. If you want to judge yourself by yourself then you have no heart to learn from others.
Perhaps you need to review the things you have written. I do not insinuate anything, but rather your writings do.

I am not the only one who sees your contradictions.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Now it is you who are insinuating that I have some a wrong understanding of what the Scriptures are meant to be for. Let me say it again in a nutshell, the Scriptures do not save but they are schoolmasters to bring many to Christ who alone does save because they are His words and they are also for edification and instruction for those who are saved.

They word is spoken in eternity to instruct the world in eternal values and therefore always true. Christ reconstitutes the Scriptures from mere written words to Him speaking them afresh with Power and they are sharper than any two edged sword. The Spirit and His Word agree and they go hand and hand. He has said that He puts His word above His name because they describe His character.

PS 138:2 "I will worship toward Your holy temple, and praise your name for Your loving-kindness and for Your truth: for You have magnified Your word above all Your name."

What you say you believe and how you come across to the public are two different things. If you want to judge yourself by yourself then you have no heart to learn from others.
Perhaps you need to review the things you have written. I do not insinuate anything, but rather your writings do.

I am not the only one who sees your contradictions.
You are still saying what is written is the word of God. Jesus never said man shall not live by the written word alone, but he did tell us what we should live by. Anything that is spoken that contains within it the nature and character of God is life and more to the point the word of God, for the word of God is life. In otherwords if you're words are lovely, wholesome, noble and of good report you are speaking the word of God, and not only that living by it, that which proceeds from the mouth of God.

You do understand that the amount of times Jesus actually quoted scripture was a mere 30 something times, now considering his ministry was a period of around 3 years, i personally do not think that is an awful lot of scripture quoting, do you ?. He was speaking life continually, he never failed to speak anything other than life, and that is what the Spirit of God alive in us is bringing us to.

Old 04-14-2015, 08:04 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,784,908 times
Quote:
You are still saying what is written is the word of God. Jesus never said man shall not live by the written word alone, but he did tell us what we should live by. Anything that is spoken that contains within it the nature and character of God is life and more to the point the word of God, for the word of God is life. In otherwords if you're words are lovely, wholesome, noble and of good report you are speaking the word of God, and not only that living by it, that which proceeds from the mouth of God.

You do understand that the amount of times Jesus actually quoted scripture was a mere 30 something times, now considering his ministry was a period of around 3 years, i personally do not think that is an awful lot of scripture quoting, do you ?. He was speaking life continually, he never failed to speak anything other than life, and that is what the Spirit of God alive in us is bringing us to.
Jesus was sent to spread the word of God. Not everything He said was written down as John noted. The son of man being the truth said the words He spoke were life so one can conclude that Gods word is life since the truth is the word of God as Jesus stated.

Abide in the truth and you will live. "The words I spoke to you are spirit and life."

Old 04-16-2015, 10:07 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Jesus was sent to spread the word of God. Not everything He said was written down as John noted. The son of man being the truth said the words He spoke were life so one can conclude that Gods word is life since the truth is the word of God as Jesus stated.

Abide in the truth and you will live. "The words I spoke to you are spirit and life."
So what was written down was either very important OR it just doesn't matter what He said cause if some didn't get written down then none of it matters.

UNLESS, someone was to start quoting the attract Jesus and say He said this and He said that because of what they said there or said here and they start believing they can actually speak for Jesus?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity