Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Christians attend a friends gay wedding?
YES 148 75.13%
NO 49 24.87%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 02:54 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,655,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Ive pretty much stopped eating bacon and pork too, since I realized Jesus never declared all food cleaned and that was just added to the bibles. As for the mixing of crops and fabrics, go read the context of that.

I completely agree the blood of Jesus covers everyone, for those who willing repent with a pure heart, but what many fail to realize is that a heterosexuals can realize that sex out side of marriage (MARRIAGE DEFINED BY GOD: MAN & WOMAN) is a sin and repent of it and do the right thing and wait until they get married to have sex. Homosexuality thinks, since God makes them that way, they dont need to repent and can have all the sex outside of marriage and its okay in the eyes of God. Even with Gay Marriage, its a marriage that is unbiblical and not recognized by God as 2 men will never be able to have children, so them getting married is still sexual immorality in the eyes of God.

We need to stop redefining the bible. What if we said we dont need to repent of our sins to Jesus, we can just repent through Mary or Paul instead, many would just go along with this new form of redefined repentance and say we are repenting, even though its not how the bible says we are to repent, but in our eyes we have repented.
Are you gathering stones to take out the adulterers in your church? Or perhaps children that speak back to their parents? Or maybe some of your church brethren that don't show up on Sunday because they are working--you gonna excommunicate them. Because those 613 LAWS include those too.

No, you cherry pick the ones you wish to keep and say the rest don't apply because of a New Covenant. Except the New Covenant doesn't itself cherry-pick. In fact, James says if you hang on to any of the LAW you are judged by it. That means failure to execute those sinners is a capital crime for you.

Quote:
For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all.
James 2:10

Old 07-01-2015, 03:00 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,023,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Oh well, you are entitled to your own opinion, and my statement cant be any worse than some of the trolling rubbish you come on here with many times and claim, you are discussing Christianity, which if anyone sees what you post, knows thats a complete lie.

Your main purpose on here most of the time, is to try to make Christians who follow the bible feel dumb about doing it, so you can feel better about the way you are living your life. Your posts aren't even, why do people believe what they believe, but more of an you're an idiot if you try to follow the bible.
Obviously, you're just as clueless about why I'm here as you are about the other stuff you post about.

Old 07-01-2015, 03:25 PM

10,072 posts, read 5,686,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
CHAPTER and VERSE on those nations destroyed by homosexuality???

You cannot drag an OT law about homosexuality and APPLY it to 21st century life unless you DRAG all 613 LAWS with you.

When will the evangelical-findie STOP cherry picking and accept the fact JESUS never said a word about marriage equality or homosexuals...
No need to have it documented in the Bible. All those pagan nations of that time are gone. Assyria, Bablyonians, Phoenicians, Amorites, Hittities etc... Guess who is still around? Oh yea, God's chosen people, Israel.

You can't just look at an OT law and demand that all OT laws must apply without understanding the context and purpose of the laws. Some laws were intended only for the nation of Israel. Homosexuality defiled the land. Not tattoos. That's a fact in the Bible that you can't run away from.

Old 07-01-2015, 03:32 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,073,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
No need to have it documented in the Bible. All those pagan nations of that time are gone. Assyria, Bablyonians, Phoenicians, Amorites, Hittities etc... Guess who is still around? Oh yea, God's chosen people, Israel.

You can't just look at an OT law and demand that all OT laws must apply without understanding the context and purpose of the laws. Some laws were intended only for the nation of Israel. Homosexuality defiled the land. Not tattoos. That's a fact in the Bible that you can't run away from.
And you cannot demand that ONE archaic law be applied to a select group of the population ...

The law against TATTOOS is the LAW, who are you to question GOD?

Old 07-02-2015, 03:22 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,343,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
"Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.
Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.
I have always found the differences between those two lines quite telling and interesting myself.

Observe the second line. It directly tells you "Don't do that". It is very clear and concise. It is something you simply are not to do. It tells you what it is (sexual relations with animals) and straight out says do not do it.

Now observe the first line. Does it do the same thing? No. Not at all. It does not say not to have sexual relations with another man. It does not tell you what it is (sexual relations with another man) and then straight out tell you not to do it.

No what it does is tells you HOW not to do it. It does not say "do not do it" it says "Do not do it like that". And never in all my extensive and ongoing study of linguistics and language has "Do not do X like that" meant "Do not do X".

Also interesting that it says nothing whatsoever about female homosexuality but solely focuses on the sexuality of men.

Not that I personally read anything into this as the Bible is not an important book to me in that regard, but I do find, and always have, the linguistics of it interesting.

Old 10-21-2015, 05:45 PM

720 posts, read 801,198 times
Default You're a "friend"? Think not.

Frankly, I don't consider people who judge their "friends" real friends. That's especially true when the negative judgments are religious bigotry.

If I were your friend, I wouldn't want you at my wedding.

How about being a real friend and leave "lifestyles" between individuals and God, and attend her wedding with your full support for her happiness.

Old 10-21-2015, 09:33 PM

339 posts, read 193,187 times
If you have to ask, you don't have the faith to do so, and whatever is NOT of faith, is sin.

Old 10-21-2015, 10:31 PM

6,635 posts, read 2,823,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstay1929 View Post
What does God say about men with men and women with women, Read the entire King James Bible and then read it again. Because I found more than one time in the bible that God forbids it and has destroy them. Just because the word homosexual and lesbians are not in the bible does not mean the words of God is not there. Sodomy is prohibited . . .
Tell that to heterosexuals if you dare . . .

Quote:
...so is laying with a woman, animal and any other thing that is against God word.
Religious gobble-die-****. Move it along, next patient, please.

What? "g o o k" attached to "gobble-die" is a bad word?

Quote:
But people that are for it like to argue Gods word, and they seem to forget that God and Jesus love have no sin in it. There is no sin in Gods Kingdom or His love for us, but we like to debate (love) by using certain scriptures to back legal sin and sinners.
Would someone wake me when it's over?

Quote:
I'm telling you anyone who supports any Lifting of Legal sins and abominations, is a slap in God and Jesus face, what you are telling them is flick off and whoa to the people who do. Hell is huge and I have seen it, laugh if you want, but I'm telling you HELL is no joke and large as the ocean.
Is there medication available for those who suffer delusions? I think there is but it's long term.

Quote:
Man can kill the body you live in but not the soul that lives inside of the body. But God CAN KILL BOTH!!!!!

So beware and be prepared because its coming!!!
The cruelty behind your religious belief and the delusions that go along with it knows no bounds!

Old 10-21-2015, 10:40 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,830,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post

Religious gobble-die-****. Move it along, next patient, please.

What? "g o o k" attached to "gobble-die" is a bad word?
No, those four letters by themselves are used as a racial slur. Innocent things get caught in the same net.

Old 10-21-2015, 10:47 PM

6,635 posts, read 2,823,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanJP View Post
If you have to ask, you don't have the faith to do so, and whatever is NOT of faith, is sin.
Um ...huh? . . . . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity