Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 11:36 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times

Advertisements

America incorporated. Seen that one coming. 2008 hostile takeover. How many heard that term. Nothing personal its just business.
Lets burn oil and dont mind that cancer coming from the air. Will tax you and clean it right up. If this missed anyones attention big business has run the country into the ground before.
Lets use tax money and build roads and then have them pay to use those roads. You need a solution we will charge you double.
And as if the currency system isnt fixed. Everyone watch tv and root for the thief. Here is your reality. Listen to our lyrics. I believe whoremongers and sorcery is the way they call it. Lets watch hillbillies role in the mud.
Sorry if I rant. Just being honest.
Colosseum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 11:48 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Town Crier View Post
To all of those in America who call yourselves 'Christians'... New laws are not going to help your cause because the problem does not lie with the LGBT crowd-it lies with you. Before you can tell them that their lifestyle is against God and expect them to listen, you need to go and clean your own 'house' first.

Your churches are filled with fornication, idolatry, covetousness and adultery. Those are far worse than being LGBT- why? Because you have the word of God and claim to 'follow it'. It is time for American churches to pull the plank out of your own eye, before you expect anyone to listen to you preach about 'righteous behavior'. When you have taken care of your house, then perhaps you can talk to the world about its 'house'. America's Christians have turned into pharisees, and no one is going to listen to you when you live in hypocrisy. Repent and clean up your own house first:

1Co 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
1Co 5:12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
1Co 5:13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person

Until you clean up your own 'house', you have no leg to stand on...

TC
You are a frightened little man who worships a god even smaller than you.

You have my pity but it is outweighed by scorn every time I come across one of your blinkered rants.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:51 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Many build their homes on concrete and stone; and miss the aspects of loving-kindness.

Old 04-03-2015, 12:40 AM

277 posts, read 227,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Many build their homes on concrete and stone; and miss the aspects of loving-kindness.
Ya I am one of those who built his house on a rock...

Mat 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Mat 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

Mat 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
Mat 7:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

1Jn 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
1Jn 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

TC

Old 04-03-2015, 01:30 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,245,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
... so, until every Christian is perfect, right and wrong, truth and error cease to exist???

While some Christians may compromise their own moral authority, God's truth and standards remain unchanged ... regardless of how 'sophisticated' and 'wise' people may imagine themselves.
The thing being imagined is that you IMAGINE that you have moral authority and take it from God's hands. You build yourself up by putting others down. It's been going on for eons. There's nothing new under the sun. I think you and cowdog both completely missed the intent of the OP message. Stop the pointing of the self-righteous finger - God made that very clear, did he not? Why do you seek vain glory?

Old 04-03-2015, 02:04 AM

63,811 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
... so, until every Christian is perfect, right and wrong, truth and error cease to exist???While some Christians may compromise their own moral authority, God's truth and standards remain unchanged ... regardless of how 'sophisticated' and 'wise' people may imagine themselves.
The only truth and standard is Christ and He demonstrated it unambiguously to be the Spirit of agape love (who IS God). Your morality based on ancient cultural ignorance "written in ink" cannot withstand the test of its Spirit against the Spirit of agape love. That is the true and unchanging standard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
The thing being imagined is that you IMAGINE that you have moral authority and take it from God's hands. You build yourself up by putting others down. It's been going on for eons. There's nothing new under the sun. I think you and cowdog both completely missed the intent of the OP message. Stop the pointing of the self-righteous finger - God made that very clear, did he not? Why do you seek vain glory?
It is one of the more ubiquitous and egregious traits of humanity . . . the desire to dictate to others. When they fool themselves into believing they have the authority to enforce their God's laws . . . they become truly dangerous. God has no use whatsoever for anything that is forced and NOT voluntary. Why these self-righteous would-be enforcers do not get that is beyond me.

Old 04-03-2015, 03:17 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Town Crier View Post
To all of those in America who call yourselves 'Christians'... New laws are not going to help your cause because the problem does not lie with the LGBT crowd-it lies with you. Before you can tell them that their lifestyle is against God and expect them to listen, you need to go and clean your own 'house' first.

Your churches are filled with fornication, idolatry, covetousness and adultery. Those are far worse than being LGBT- why? Because you have the word of God and claim to 'follow it'. It is time for American churches to pull the plank out of your own eye, before you expect anyone to listen to you preach about 'righteous behavior'. When you have taken care of your house, then perhaps you can talk to the world about its 'house'. America's Christians have turned into pharisees, and no one is going to listen to you when you live in hypocrisy. Repent and clean up your own house first:

1Co 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
1Co 5:12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
1Co 5:13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person

Until you clean up your own 'house', you have no leg to stand on...

TC
Until you build your house on the sayings of Jesus instead of what you do not approve of, you have a house built on sand.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:22 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Everyone is a sinner.

The man standing at the pulpit, the man in the pew, the man on the street.

We are all sinners.

Calling out someone for their sin, because they sin differently, does not sound like the Gospel message to me.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:42 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
America incorporated. Seen that one coming. 2008 hostile takeover. How many heard that term. Nothing personal its just business.
2008? Did you miss the 80's when hostile takeovers caused large-scale job loss in America? During Reagan's eight years in the White House corporations made billion$ with hostile takeovers.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:47 AM

350 posts, read 570,275 times
Not all Christians are part of churches or congregations like that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity