Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2015, 11:12 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They are screaming "give us Barabbas, crucify Jesus" off the top of their lungs.

Yes, it does, and so do the accusations of "unchristian behavior". They are trying to sell the idea that a "true Christian" commits sins to show agape love.

No. We would stop the crucifixion for every one of God's children. That is the difference. There is no other choice for us. We are not picking, and choosing who is more worthy to be saved. You seem to think it is your job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 11:24 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
No. We would stop the crucifixion for every one of God's children. That is the difference. There is no other choice for us. We are not picking, and choosing who is more worthy to be saved. You seem to think it is your job.
Stop crucifying Christians!!!

Old 04-16-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
No. I prefer death by mocking, myself.

Old 04-16-2015, 11:40 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
No. I prefer death by mocking, myself.
Why are you picking, and choosing who is more worthy to be saved, and who should be mocked to death?

Old 04-16-2015, 11:42 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
STOP CRUCIFYING CHRISTIANS!

I AGREE--STOP JUDGING US!!

And gays, homeless, minorities, poor, free will thinkers, the oppressed, and everyone else who rejects the Right's interpretation of scripture and refuses to FEAR the god in a box and would rather follow the example set by Christ and not the manipulative thoughts of those caught on the only train they can see.

Old 04-16-2015, 11:42 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
Quote:
Really? I can practice Christianity behind closed doors? How generous of you.

Well, there you have it folks. That's what they want. They want Christians to shut up, and stay out of sight.

The pizzeria did not break any rule, but they were attacked anyway.
Is that not what you want of people with a "gay agenda?" Stay out of sight so your sensibilities will be protected.

What hypocrisy!!

When your freedom reaches the tip of another's nose, you no longer have such freedom. And federal courts in many, many states agree. You simply don't have an understanding of the Constitution of the United States which was formed as a nonreligous entity.

Quote:
Title VII does not explicitly protect against sexual orientation discrimination, but TerVeer’s lawyers claimed — and Judge Kollar-Kotelly agreed — that a person could bring a claim under Title VII’s ban on sex discrimination because an employer views an employee’s sexual orientation as “not consistent with … acceptable gender roles.”
http://www.buzzfeed.com/chrisgeidner...eop#.yfK2qwKd1

Bottom line is there are NO absolute freedoms. You are free to yell "fire," but do it in a crowded theater and you have a "free" trip to talk about your freedom before a judge.

No rights are absolute. At some points the Constitution makes that clear - in the 5th (and 14th) Amendment you can be denied the most basic rights of life and liberty via due process of law.
Rights are often in conflict. And because an assertion of an unlimited and unrestricted right on behalf of one party inevitably means the diminishment of the rights and liberty of another, all rights are restricted in some circumstances.

The right to keep and bear arms as an individual, even if I do not believe should be based on the 2nd Amendment, which speaks not of individuals but of the people collectively, nevertheless would be guaranteed as an unenumerated right on the 9th Amendment (although Right-wingers do not like the 9th because of Roe v Wade).

You may have the right to freely swing your arms, but I have the right to keep the shape of my nose, so the limits of that freedom for you are at the point of my nose. Those who insist upon their rights being absolute and unfettered even at the expense of the liberty and safety of others are to my mind sociopathic.

Without basic civility, trouble is inevitable, and self-righteous indignation after the trouble erupts downright hypocrisy. And civility trumps your false religious beliefs in public life. Fundamentalists are reaping what they have sown. For years they have demonized and called for the execution and/or imprisonment of the LGBT community who are beginning to fight back.

The history of the world is that sooner or later oppressed groups begin to fight back. You started the war. Don't be surprised if you, too, suffer casualties.

Old 04-16-2015, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Why are you picking, and choosing who is more worthy to be saved, and who should be mocked to death?

I am an equal opportunity mocker. No one is safe from it, including me.

Old 04-16-2015, 11:44 AM

Quote:
ths is the self-imposed job of the evangelical Right--BAN THE GAY--BAN THE MUSLIM--BAN THE BUDDHIST--BAN THE TAOIST--BAN THE NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION--BAN THE LIBERAL--BAN ALL WHO QUESTION AUTHORITY, EVEN IF THAT AUTHORITY HAS NO AUTHORITY...

Old 04-16-2015, 11:45 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
that ought to say MY OPINION if we are all being completely HONEST here..
1) Romans 1:18-32 is not MY OPINION ... you and DewDropInn's \ Warden and others rejection of it is and constant futile attempts to deflect is what it is
the blaming of your hate of the truth towards somebody else.
2) being completely honest requires you to completely acknowledge that all scriptures are the truth, but then to do so wouldn't make liberalism what it seeks itself out to be ... a god of thineself.

Old 04-16-2015, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
1) Romans 1:18-32 is not MY OPINION ... you and DewDropInn's \ Warden and others rejection of it is and constant futile attempts to deflect is what it is
the blaming of your hate of the truth towards somebody else.
2) being completely honest requires you to completely acknowledge that all scriptures are the truth, but then to do so wouldn't make liberalism what it seeks itself out to be ... a god of thineself.
Says YOUR OPINION..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity