Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2015, 02:22 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,034,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

What you do in your business is your choice. If you believe a certain thing is right in the eyes of God, and do it, even if you get fined, you still did the right thing.
Guess who else thought that? The bigots who wouldn't serve black Americans a hamburger and a coke at the Woolworth's lunch counter.

They thought they did the right thing in the eyes of God. Segregation in the name of Jesus!

Who never told us to refuse to serve someone because of our religion but whatever.....I'm guessing the Pizza people would have qualms about serving Jesus were he to walk into their dining establishment and say, "I'm planning a party. Thirteen people, including myself, and it will be just us fellas."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 02:24 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,665,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
Yup. Here's another article of late demonstrating how twisted out of shape the "Lavender Lobby" gets when people even express they views/feelings relating to homosexuality without even putting anything to practice.

It has begun. LGBT “activists” have gone full fascist since the passage of Indiana’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA).

Now — right before the holiest days in the Christian calendar — one gay group is attacking Churches who dare to believe that homosexuality is wrong.

The largest gay group in one Western state is demanding that Churches who follow the Bible be shut down by the government.
Jeran Artery, the chairman of Wyoming Equality posted that stunning statement to his Facebook page. When Christians reacted with outrage, the cowardly Artery deleted it. No apology, just hoping it would go down the memory hole. No such luck.
The folks at Conservative Colorado got a screen shot of the post before Artery deleted it.
Today, in a stunning statement, Jeran Artery, Chairman of Wyoming Equality argued that churches who do not support same sex marriage should lose their tax exempt status.
Churches that lobby to have freedoms and rights taken away from ANYONE should absolutely have their 501(c)3 status revoked!!”
Talk about tolerance, freedom of speech, and religious freedom. Disagree with Artery’s views of same sex marriage and your church will be shut down.
Gone are the days of pluralism. This is what tyranny looks like.
This should come as no surprise, as it reflects the vile militancy the LGBT movement is known for. Just as they unleashed threats of violence and arson against a tiny pizzeria in Indiana when they dared to express a very mild opinion against gay marriage, so they want to punish Christians who dare to preach, well, Christianity.
Revocation of exempt status is a financial death penalty for most churches, as an estimated 85% of them barely break even or operate at a loss, with most of their efforts geared toward helping the needy. It makes perfect sense that a far-left gay group would advocate this, as it is how Obama used IRS official Lois Lerner to silence conservative groups.
But notice who he did not mention: mosques. Gays never criticize Islam, even though it is only Muslims who are hanging gays from cranes and throwing them from buildings every sngle week.
Get ready. With weak-knees like Indiana Gov. Mike Pence (R) already backing down, you can expect the pink mafia to step up their aggressive action against Christians who dare to exercise their 1st Amendment rights.
I recall when those upstart facist black people thought they had equal rights. They marched, demonstrated, were beat up and killed before "christian" churches began to accept them (although some today practice their prejudice in more subtle ways. Those militant jerks thought they were as good as a white man! Can you imagine, they asked the federal government to support THEM so that individual States, some dominated by prejudice, couldn't treat them as they deserved to be treated.

A misconception of Muslims in the U.S. is that they are calling for the hanging of gays. Please provide evidence that it is occurring in this country. I can however provide evidence of fundamentalist preachers going to Uganda and preaching to those mostly ignorant Christians about the gay "agenda." The result was that Uganda has or is very close to passing a law calling for execution of gay people. The law already provides for their incarceration.

So who should the LGBT community and freedom loving people everywhere fear most---why its YOUR mindset.

If you doubt that, I can provide videos of fundamentalist pastors calling on gays to be put in camps (like concentration camps) with electrified wiring around them, or stating that if we followed the OT injunction of killing them we could have an almost AIDS free Christmas. Want to hear some of those?

Old 04-07-2015, 02:25 PM

63,470 posts, read 39,739,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
[b]you can expect the pink mafia to step up their aggressive action against Christians who dare to exercise their 1st Amendment rights.
Our First Amendment rights are about POLITICAL speech and protection from government censorship. It is NOT about imposing religious beliefs into the conduct of PUBLIC businesses. In America, businesses must serve the entire public . . . not just those people approved of by someone's God. THAT has nothing to do with the First Amendment . . . it is about rules governing the privilege of running a business in America . . . just as the traffic laws are the rules governing the privilege of a driver's license. You cannot run a red light and claim First Amendment protection because you believe your God allows it.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 04-07-2015 at 02:47 PM..

Old 04-07-2015, 02:34 PM

76,980 posts, read 47,311,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I got it. I am not judging them, but you are.
No, and nor do I have the authority to excommunicate church members. I simply said I have seen it happen. Let me add that I agree 100 % it was the right decision knowing the cheated wife was a member, and needed the church family's support. Allowing the cheating husband to continue to attend would have been a complete rejection and a slap on her face.

Quote:
I do not care if they sit together holding hands. I do not care if they have a threesome. I do not care if you join them.
Right, you don't care, and that's the problem. You do not care about the humiliation the cheated wife would have to endure seeing the congregation approve/condone the betrayal by allowing the husband to come to church with his lover. You think tolerating everything is always the right thing to do, but it is simply not so. Tolerance can be very harmful. You'll tolerate drinking or drug use of a loved one because you fear of coming across judgmental. Wrong. Tolerance can be the most unloving thing you can do.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:38 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,589,144 times
Lavender Lobby? Pink Mafia? hahahahahaha

The LBGT community will have a seat at the table. Move over. It is happening as we speak. I am happy this is happening in my lifetime.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:43 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,665,557 times
Quote:
No, and nor do I have the authority to excommunicate church members. I simply said I have seen it happen. Let me add that I agree 100 % it was the right decision knowing the cheated wife was a member, and needed the church family's support. Allowing the cheating husband to continue to attend would have been a complete rejection and a slap on her face.

Right, you don't care, and that's the problem. You do not care about the humiliation the cheated wife would have to endure seeing the congregation approve/condone the betrayal by allowing the husband to come to church with his lover. You think tolerating everything is always the right thing to do, but it is simply not so, because even tolerating can be very harmful. You'll tolerate drinking or drug use of a loved one because you fear of coming across judgmental. Wrong. Tolerance can be the most unloving thing you can do.
That's why some of us do not tolerate intolerant fundamentalists. And, no, we are not against ALL christians, just those who profess it without ever letting Jesus be the lens through which they view the Bible and life. The fundamentalism of the majority of such churches is far less a threat than the fundamentalism of legalists such as yourself when allowed to be fostered in the public arena.

Quote:
---over the past two decades there has been a disturbing growth of Christian Reconstructionisma philosophy that has served as the foundation for a movement of Christian fundamentalists, whose goal is to reconstruct American society according to the Bible. Leaders of this movement support the aim of subverting the American political system and stealthily converting its government into a theocracy. One goal of Reconstructionism, for example, is to introduce legislation that would lead to the execution of convicted homosexuals, adulterers, and abortionists.

In this book Skipp Porteous provides a first-hand account of the development of fundamentalist Christian America from the 1970s through the present. It focuses on the beginnings of many Christian churches and movements that, through the use of emotional manipulation and coercive pressure, rapidly developed a large following. Porteous take the reader on a tour through his childhood and young adulthood, chronicling events relevant to his affiliation and departure from these movements. The book ends with a demonstration of Porteous’s current anti-fundamentalist activities in the form of transcripts from television and radio interviews by which Porteous exposes the agendas of radical right leaders.
--------
This book should be on the shelf of all those who seek information about fundamentalist movements in America, as well as those concerned with the preservation of a nontheocratic way of life.
Book Review - Jesus Doesnt Live Here Anymore - International Cultic Studies Association (ICSA)

No, this is not something new. It comes from a review of a 1991 book entitled, Jesus Doesn't Live Here Anymore: From Fundamentalist to Freedom Writer, by Skip Porteus

Old 04-07-2015, 02:44 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,109,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
A pizzeria owner in Indiana, one who serves straights and gays without question, was asked by the news media if she would cater a gay wedding if asked to cater one. The owner said no because it would violate her beliefs.

Suddenly the threats rolled in. The activists threatened to burn her pizzeria to the ground. The owner closed her business out of fear. She's now in hiding because the threats didn't stop.

She didn't refuse to serve homosexual.
She hasn't attacked the homosexual.
She hasn't refused to hire homosexual.
She expressed her opinion, and now she fears for her life and business.
In America.

Read it and weep. Memories Pizza Doesn’t Know If They Will Re-Open « CBS Cleveland
It seems as if the liberal left is just simply scared to death of Christianity.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:45 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,589,144 times
Quote:

Right, you don't care, and that's the problem. You do not care about the humiliation the cheated wife would have to endure seeing the congregation approve/condone the betrayal by allowing the husband to come to church with his lover. You think tolerating everything is always the right thing to do, but it is simply not so, because even tolerating can be very harmful. You'll tolerate drinking or drug use of a loved one because you fear of coming across judgmental. Wrong. Tolerance can be the most unloving thing you can do.
Drug and alcohol abuse are medical issues. The lesbian couple sitting next to you are perfectly healthy.

The analogy is silly.

I do not interfere in other peoples relationships. Adults are perfectly able to work out their own issues without being judged, and gossiped about by you and the other perfect asses in the seats.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:52 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,034,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Lavender Lobby? Pink Mafia? hahahahahaha

The LBGT community will have a seat at the table. Move over. It is happening as we speak. I am happy this is happening in my lifetime.
I've decided to order pizza the day the SCOTUS rules in favor of marriage equality for all citizens. Consider this your invitation.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:55 PM

63,470 posts, read 39,739,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Stop it, Finn. It is not about being against Christianity because even Christians are complaining about the improper use of religious beliefs in business. YOUR God can rule what YOU do or do not do in YOUR personal lives . . . but NOT what you do or do not do in business.
Quote:
I said what I said because the person I replied to will spare no effort to defend non-Christians when he thinks they "bullied" (not getting cake) but when I asked if he would defend the Christian pizzeria owner who is bullied (receiving death threats), the answer is "She needs to face her own bullies, not cower behind a book". I think it's fairly clear which side the poster has chosen.
What you do in your business is your choice. If you believe a certain thing is right in the eyes of God, and do it, even if you get fined, you still did the right thing.
That is not a fair characterization. No one defends arson or death threats or any other potentially criminal behavior. But your idea of what is included in the privilege of running a business in America is wrong. What your God approves of or does not approve of has no place in deciding who you will serve and not serve in the conduct of your PUBLIC business. YOUR God's approval concerns YOU personally, period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity