Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2015, 08:58 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,612,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJDAY81445 View Post
since when does having a moral compass equate to "bigotry and hatred " ?

Gays have none and that is why they hurl the accusation of........"bigotry and hatred"

same old , same old
What moral compass?

The LGBT community is taking a seat at the table. Move over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 10:42 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
For troutdude- I want to be like you, when and if you ever grow up! You are on my ignore list, yet you still keep sending me hateful messages. Keep doing so, since I cannot read them. Perhaps God would like to hear your viewpoint at Judgement Day, since you think you know so much. I miss hearing from your hate!!
Since you won't be reading this, I'm sorry you won't see how sorry I am that your faith is built on such a shaky foundation that it cannot withstand even the moderate breezes of reality.

I have sent you no messages - ever. What I have done, and will continue to do, is to respond to whichever of your posts need correction, or rebuking.

It's the biblical thing to do.

Old 04-08-2015, 11:00 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
What moral compass?

The LGBT community is taking a seat at the table. Move over.
Better make room for the polygamy, pedophile, etc community, as well. Once that camel's nose gets under the tent, everyone is coming in.

Old 04-08-2015, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Since you won't be reading this, I'm sorry you won't see how sorry I am that your faith is built on such a shaky foundation that it cannot withstand even the moderate breezes of reality.

I have sent you no messages - ever. What I have done, and will continue to do, is to respond to whichever of your posts need correction, or rebuking.

It's the biblical thing to do.
Must quote you. koolhandluke said he missed you.

Old 04-08-2015, 11:18 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Better make room for the polygamy, pedophile, etc community, as well. Once that camel's nose gets under the tent, everyone is coming in.
Yep, if you don't tolerate everything, they you are an intolerant bigot. And don't you dare help a church member in pain, because that would mean you are judging the one who hurt her.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-08-2015 at 11:56 AM..

Old 04-08-2015, 11:25 AM

Quote:
What? No marriages with dogs? Cat's even?
Good point. If anything goes...no telling what will happen.
Quote:
The church has protected pedophiles. Not the flock. The children they were abusing were not consenting adults. Ideologues seem to fantasize about pedophiles. They keep sharing the fantasy with others. I have no doubt, some sick fu***** get off on it.
What right do you have to judge anyone? You can't say their behavior is wrong. Maybe for them it's ok.
Quote:
As for polygamy? You are really thinking about threesomes. It stirs the loins. Own the boner.

Remember, two consenting adults.
Again...why do you get to decide what marriage is?
Quote:
The LGBT community is taking a seat at the table. They do not need your permission. They are going to have the same civil rights you enjoy.
They already have the same rights I do. No one cares if a person is gay when they get married. But they do have to abide by the same laws I do. Except in the states that have now bought into or had their courts force on them the "marriage equality" lie.
Quote:
The Tent is big enough for all the camel toes you wish.
So you're ok with pedophiles being a protected class?

Old 04-08-2015, 11:43 AM

6,819 posts, read 9,050,477 times
I'm really tired of hearing that because I'm gay I support pedophiles or any number of ridiculous ideas, like marrying your cousin, etc. I've been with my partner a lot longer than most of you straight bigots, so why shouldn't I have the same rights that you do. You can have your religious beliefs as long as you keep it to yourself. If you run a business and don't want me there, fine. I'll take my money to the non-bigot down the street.

Old 04-08-2015, 12:03 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
I call you as I see you. Nothing more, nothing less. I see you.
I see you too. I see rampant hypocrisy.

Old 04-08-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
I'm really tired of hearing that because I'm gay I support pedophiles or any number of ridiculous ideas, like marrying your cousin, etc.
Did I or anyone here suggest that? Or are we simply saying that IF we change marriage to suit your definition of marriage, that we have to allow them, as well? What right do you have to tell a pedophile they are immoral? What right do you have to tell Bubba that he can't marry his cousin?

Quote:

I've been with my partner a lot longer than most of you straight bigots, so why shouldn't I have the same rights that you do.
You already have the same rights to marriage as I do. What you seem to be asking for is SPECIAL rights that I don't have -- to marry someone of the same gender. No one has those rights unless the courts have imposed them, or you're in a few states that has voted it in...so what makes you special?
Quote:

You can have your religious beliefs as long as you keep it to yourself.
Who gave you the right to decide how I practice my religion? In any event, what difference does it make?
Quote:

If you run a business and don't want me there, fine. I'll take my money to the non-bigot down the street.
No one is suggesting that they don't want to do business with a gay person.

Old 04-08-2015, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
I'm really tired of hearing that because I'm gay I support pedophiles or any number of ridiculous ideas, like marrying your cousin, etc. I've been with my partner a lot longer than most of you straight bigots, so why shouldn't I have the same rights that you do. You can have your religious beliefs as long as you keep it to yourself. If you run a business and don't want me there, fine. I'll take my money to the non-bigot down the street.
I agree. You should have the same rights, and you will have them.

The pedophile argument is a fantasy of theirs. I have not heard it supported with any logic. They cannot seem to get around the consenting adult thing. It is all about molesting children.

It says a lot about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity