Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2015, 11:08 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I may never be asked to officiate a gay wedding, but there have been bakeries, florist shops, and pizza places that have been persecuted because they did say they were not comfortable with it.
Here's the easy solution: All you fundamentalists, each and every one of you, needs to stop thinking about other people's sex lives. Then you can enjoy yourselves selling flowers and making cakes and preaching sermons telling everyone about Numbers. (Yawn)

It all boils down to sex. The fundamentalists are so consumed with sex they need to know what other people are doing in the bedroom. Fundamentalists can't stop thinking about sex. Especially if it involves someone they don't even know. (I guess that makes it juicier and even more exciting to think about.)

Goodness knows they're not worried about serving divorced people or tax cheats or gluttons. So it's definitely not the "sin" thing y'all are worried about. We know it's not about Leviticus because you, yourself, have a tattoo! It's the sex ya'll love to talk and think about and read about. Yep..... quit thinking about sex so much and ta da! No one is going to care.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 04-11-2015 at 11:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 11:10 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Their only 'crime' is their desire to honor God, and you can't hide your disgust of God honoring acts. You keep accusing them of bigotry, which makes you the accuser of the brethren.

May I have another lash please.

"If you are reviled for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you."
If it were "for the name of Christ" you would have a point.

Old 04-11-2015, 11:13 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
No, it's for the purpose of calling out bigots who call themselves Christians but don't follow the principles of Christ. There's a world of difference.
Amen.

Pathetic to see people who claim to be Christians propping up their disgusting bigotry with a couple of mouldy bible quotes and then claiming persecution when called on it.

Old 04-11-2015, 11:15 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Here's the easy solution: All you fundamentalists, each and every one of you, needs to stop thinking about other people's sex lives. Then you can enjoy themselves selling flowers and making cakes.
When they stop telling us that we need to change the definition of marriage to suit them, they stop sticking their sex lives in our faces, they stop telling us that we need to approve, and they stop telling us that we need to participate in their weddings....I will stop thinking about it.
Quote:
It all boils down to sex. The fundamentalists are so consumed with sex they need to know what other people are doing in the bedroom. Fundamentalists can't stop thinking about sex. Especially if it involves someone they don't even know. (I guess that makes it juicier and even more exciting to think about.)
No...I honestly don't care what people do in their bedrooms. Nor do I want them to tell me about it.
Quote:
Goodness knows they're not worried about serving divorced people or tax cheats or gluttons. So it's definitely not the "sin" thing y'all are worried about. Yep..... quit thinking about sex so much and ta da! No one is going to care.
Actually, I'm going to tell 2 divorced people next week I will not do their wedding.

But divorced people, tax cheats and gluttons are not harping on us to change the definition of marriage. Nor are they making a point to tell me all about their sex lives, or have parades to tell me how proud they are to be whatever they are, while wearing little more than a feather boa, and maybe some faaaaaaaaaaaaaaabulous shoes.

Old 04-11-2015, 11:17 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
...snip...Nor are they making a point to tell me all about their sex lives, or have parades to tell me how proud they are to be whatever they are, while wearing little more than a feather boa, and maybe some faaaaaaaaaaaaaaabulous shoes.
Interesting that you deny an interest in their sex lives but you ogle what they aren't wearing....

Old 04-11-2015, 11:22 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Interesting that you deny an interest in their sex lives but you ogle what they aren't wearing....

Like attracts

Old 04-11-2015, 11:23 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I know, I know, it is much more loving to accuse God loving Christians of hatred, bigotry and discrimination. The love drips from every lash

May I have another lash please, and don't hold back this time?
If LOVE is not enough, nothing will ever be..you continue using the threats of HELL and DAMNATION to convince people that life is good and uphold the "sacraments" of discrimination towards those outside the box, oppression of those who reject the ONE CHURCH ONE KJV theology and the rest of us will to fight the good fight on the behalf of the least of these and changing the world one life at a time.

LOVE IS NOT PAIN, LOVE IS NOT BRUTALITY, that is a twisted theology born straight from hell (aka MAN MADE FEAR)...

It isn't the PAIN, the BLOOD, the BEATING that Jesus endured that saves us..IT WAS LOVE THAT HELD HIM ON THAT CROSS, NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS.

IT WAS LOVE that lead Him to the cross, NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS

IT IS LOVE that RAISED HIM from the dead, NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS

IT IS LOVE that brought us to Him, NOT BRUTALITY, THREATS, OPPRESSION, PROMISES OF WEALTH, NOT EVEN ETERNAL LIFE (if that is your reason, you are doing it wrong)

If all you do is done for some alleged reward in heaven, you are motivated by selfish rewards

If all you see is a space on the right hand of God, you are doing it wrong

If you rejoice and celebrate every time a "sinner" is put in their place, you are doing it oh so wrong

If you can quote 3 major lexicons, argue the conjugation of Greek and Latin verbs your focus is blurred

Old 04-11-2015, 11:24 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,808,550 times
Quote:
When they stop telling us that we need to change the definition of marriage to suit them, they stop sticking their sex lives in our faces, they stop telling us that we need to approve, and they stop telling us that we need to participate in their weddings....I will stop thinking about it.

No...I honestly don't care what people do in their bedrooms. Nor do I want them to tell me about it.

Actually, I'm going to tell 2 divorced people next week I will not do their wedding.

But divorced people, tax cheats and gluttons are not harping on us to change the definition of marriage. Nor are they making a point to tell me all about their sex lives, or have parades to tell me how proud they are to be whatever they are, while wearing little more than a feather boa, and maybe some faaaaaaaaaaaaaaabulous shoes.
Next week? That is mighty kind of you. Have you looked at the stats on divorced people in the US? What do you expect them to do, really? Are they suppose to stay in a room and be isolated for the rest of their lives?

NVSS - National Marriage and Divorce Rate Trends

Old 04-11-2015, 11:26 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
You can keep your religious definition of marriage, Vizio. Clearly it is already different from the civil definition since you won't allow the marriage of divorced people. What LGBT want is to have the CIVIL definition changed to reflect reality and remove discrimination that keeps them from marrying their choice of partner the same way others do. Asking for a cake is not sticking sexuality in your face any more than a hetero couple does when they say they are getting married. Making a cake is not "participating," it is doing what the company is in business to do....make a product. Custom work done on that cake may be a different matter, and I'm not sure that is part of the consideration here.

Old 04-11-2015, 11:28 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
Next week? That is mighty kind of you. Have you looked at the stats on divorced people in the US? What do you expect them to do, really? Are they suppose to stay in a room and be isolated for the rest of their lives?

NVSS - National Marriage and Divorce Rate Trends
The Bible prohibits divorce and remarriage for grounds other than infidelity or abandonment. I cannot with a clean conscience officiate this particular wedding because of that. They are free to go find another pastor or a J.P., which I'm sure they will do. It doesn't mean I don't care for them or love them, but it simply means that my faith prohibits me from doing it. I do not believe that it is what God would have me do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity