Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2015, 03:40 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,611,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I have worked all my life, and I have never seen a person get fired without a valid reason. I am simply stating a fact that if a company wanted to get rid of someone, it can be easily done, and you dont have to lie. You can find a valid and legal reason to fire anyone. Why would you want to force companies keep people they dont want?
You are not stating fact. I have worked, my entire life, too. And?

Companies have to follow the rules just like everyone else. I expect the company to be honest. If they are not honest in their dealings with their employees, I have no reason to expect them to be honest in their dealings with me.

If the employee seeks redress through the Court, as is their right, the company will be expected to supply all pertinent information, and defense of their actions. The Court will decide. I do not need to force anyone to do anything. I am content to leave such a dispute to the Court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2015, 03:47 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
You are not stating fact. I have worked, my entire life, too. And?

Companies have to follow the rules just like everyone else. I expect the company to be honest. If they are not honest in their dealings with their employees, I have no reason to expect them to be honest in their dealings with me.

If the employee seeks redress through the Court, as is their right, the company will be expected to supply all pertinent information, and defense of their actions. The Court will decide. I do not need to force anyone to do anything. I am content to leave such a dispute to the Court.
Maybe if you got fired, you should take it as a hint that your services are no longer needed, and move on. If it happened to me, I would not care what reason they gave me, I would simply accept the reality and move on. Or you can try your luck with the courts, but the chances are that you will only waste your time and money.

Old 04-03-2015, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Maybe if you got fired, you should take it as a hint that your services are no longer needed, and move on. If it happened to me, I would not care what reason they gave me, I would simply accept the reality and move on. Or you can try your luck with the courts, but the chances are that you will only waste your time and money.
If you fired me, I would know it was not because of my work product. I would take you to court and win. You would be paying me damages, and paying my court costs. If we wound up in arbitration, I would win that, too. Hands down.

I am perfectly happy making you spend your time, and money. You will be paying all of my court costs in the end anyway. If anything, I am very patient, and I never waste the Courts time.

When you accepted being fired, it was because you knew you were a sub-par employee to begin with. No wonder you do not care for the reason. You already knew the reason.

Old 04-03-2015, 04:07 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
You have a habit of turning everything into an attack against Christians.
Incorrect. He calls out fundamentalism. As do I. Fundamentalism is harmful to children, the LGBT community and other living things.

Old 04-03-2015, 04:10 PM

Quote:
When you accepted being fired, it was because you knew you were a sub-par employee to begin with. No wonder you do not care for the reason. You already knew the reason.
It has never happened to me, but if it did, I would just move on. In my case it is a moot point because the only person who can fire me is me.

If I worked for a pizzeria owned by gays and if they fired me a day after they found out I am Christian, I would just walk away. Seriously.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-03-2015 at 04:18 PM..

Old 04-03-2015, 04:21 PM

Quote:
It has never happened to me, but if it did, I would just and move on. In my case it is a moot point because the only person who can fire me is me.
Funny how Fundamentalist ideologues create these imaginary, and unsustainable business models. having little to do with the real world and the law.

Old 04-03-2015, 04:25 PM

Quote:
It has never happened to me, but if it did, I would just move on. In my case it is a moot point because the only person who can fire me is me.

If I worked for a pizzeria owned by gays and if they fired me a day after they found out I am Christian, I would just walk away. Seriously.
There is no real world application for this.

Gay pizza makers are just pizza makers. It is all about good pizza. You want to make it about your religion.

However there are real world examples of the LGBT community being denied services, and being fired for being part of the LGBT community.

Old 04-03-2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Funny how Fundamentalist ideologues create these imaginary, and unsustainable business models. having little to do with the real world and the law.
It is very real.
There is nothing imaginary about it, and whether or not you are willing to use the strong arm of the law to complain about you losing a job is a choise. I would choose not to do it, while you would obviosly go after your former employer.

Old 04-03-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
There is no real world application for this.

Gay pizza makers are just pizza makers. It is all about good pizza. You want to make it about your religion.

However there are real world examples of the LGBT community being denied services, and being fired for being part of the LGBT community.
I am sorry the example went over your head.

Old 04-03-2015, 04:31 PM

Quote:
It is very real.
There is nothing imaginary about it, and whether or not you are willing to use the strong arm of the law to complain about you losing a job is a choise. I would choose not to do it, while you would obviosly go after your former employer.
Yes, I would, and they would lose their shirts in the process. They would know the law is what we live by in this country. We are not governed by the whims of an ideology.

It is easier to follow the law in the first place. There is no room for discrimination in the work place. None.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity