Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2015, 11:44 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times

Advertisements

What is it you made clear before? You said that something I said wasn't true, and I'd like to know what you think I was mistaken about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
Choosing love doesn't mean you choose Christ. It's not that simple. I can agree with many of his teachings but still not believe he is a savior. Believing his teachings is not the way to the father, it's more than that.
I understand that this is what you believe. I do not share your view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2015, 12:00 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,983,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
What is it you made clear before? You said that something I said wasn't true, and I'd like to know what you think I was mistaken about.

I understand that this is what you believe. I do not share your view.
That we as Christians are not any different than anyone else. There is nothing unique or special about who we are or how we were created compared to everyone else.

Old 04-13-2015, 12:27 PM

Quote:
That we as Christians are not any different than anyone else. There is nothing unique or special about who we are or how we were created compared to everyone else.
Except that you believe that only Christians "have received the Holy Spirit", which means that only Christians can "do the will of God", as you said here:

Quote:
<snip> We only do the will of God through the Holy Spirit not because of our fleshly state. That is one thing that people misunderstand. You don't desire to please God without have spirit to want to please God.
That makes you different from everyone else, in your mind, does it not? The belief that Christians, and only Christians, "have received the Holy Spirit", and Christians, and only Christians, can "do the will of God"?

Old 04-13-2015, 12:31 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,384 times
Quote:
Fundamentalist ideologues are special snowflakes who believe their rights supersede the rights of others in the community.

Old 04-13-2015, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Except that you believe that only Christians "have received the Holy Spirit", which means that only Christians can "do the will of God", as you said here:

That makes you different from everyone else, in your mind, does it not? The belief that Christians, and only Christians, "have received the Holy Spirit", and Christians, and only Christians, can "do the will of God"?
Everyone can receive the same spirit, it's what you choose.

Old 04-13-2015, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Everyone can receive the same spirit, it's what you choose.
This does not change the point, Titans.

Old 04-13-2015, 01:07 PM

Quote:
This does not change the point, Titans.
Pleroo can have babies and I can't. She must be special and I'm not....

Old 04-13-2015, 01:09 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
She can also make a sound argument and you can't, so yeah.

Old 04-13-2015, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
She can also make a sound argument and you can't, so yeah.
Pot...kettle

Old 04-13-2015, 01:36 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,384 times
Quote:

Once you consider the fact man was not chosen to father Jesus, you are correct. You are not special, at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity