Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 06:33 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Not only that, it is to be obeyed 100% of the time, thus the command in the OT to "be holy" and Jesus' command in the NT to "be perfect even as your Heavenly Father is perfect."

As this OP is once again is illustrating for what so many OP's are about ... a deliberate perversion of God's Word for the justification of rejecting the truth in order to conform God into their liking instead of conforming to all the truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I wonder, who is really doing this?
gee ... take a guess who made this comparison in the OP , then you'll have your answer.
"613 Commandments and Laws written in the OT, just like the anti-equality law..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2015, 06:40 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The head-slapper is usually not the mark of agreement.
No, it's the mark of "How obvious is THAT?"

Old 04-05-2015, 06:45 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,454 times
The 613 laws are interpretations of Gods word by the leaders of Judaism.

"He who acts in truth comes to the light so his deeds are revealed as works of God."

"He who seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him."

Old 04-05-2015, 07:39 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
HURRAH! You are ABSOLUTELY correct! So what did Jesus mean when He said "Behold I give you a new commandment?"

PLEASE think about that.

The basis of the Mosaic covenant is the Commandments brought by Moses. The basis of the New Covenant is different. It is the ONE thing that is really needed to make what Law could not do effective. It is what replaces the ten, It is the NEW Commandment.
It wasn't New...

Old 04-05-2015, 08:04 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
We all know there are other "law" beyond homosexuality, divorce, equality and observing all the feasts and festivals.

So I got to wondering how many of the 613 do most people honor in a typical year?

Here is a list to help us remember.

PLEASE share your observances below!

613 Commandments and Laws written in the OT, just like the anti-equality law...

I am always studying the law cause it is really so cool, I keep what I can but I am always looking for the hidden laws. Each law has a hidden meaning and I try and take each law and find that meaning.

1 Corinthians 9

9For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen? 10Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope. 11If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?

The most interesting laws to me are the laws of a servant. A servant will become a servant for 7 years serving his master but the master is a real good master and he has given his slaves brides and even have children for the master at times.

But if the servant comes to the 7th year of his service, what happens when the servant doesn't want to leave?

The master has to show that he has given his servant freedom and so he takes the servant and puts him against the door and puts a whole in his ear, and he gives the servant a gold earring to show that the master gave him his freedom but the servant chose servitude. The earring that the servant receives is as the master's voice, and this comes into play when the Israelites took the earrings from the Egyptians and they were to use them as being God's servant and having HIS voice in their ears but they took the golden earrings and made an idol.

I can just imagine Satan falling from heaven with a third of heaven with him and when each of them fell, that golden earring was ripped from their ears.

P.S.

If the servant chooses servitude in real life, he is taken in a public area and shamed because he did not choose freedom. But I would look at this different when being a servant of God and wanting to remain in God's house.

Old 04-05-2015, 08:13 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I am always studying the law cause it is really so cool, I keep what I can but I am always looking for the hidden laws. Each law has a hidden meaning and I try and take each law and find that meaning.
PaRDeS....

Old 04-05-2015, 08:18 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
It wasn't New...
So.....you missed the part beginning, "PLEASE?"

Old 04-06-2015, 07:07 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,631,075 times
just like the anti-equality law...

This really has yours and all of the rest of the Lavender Lobby's knickers in a twist doesn't it? This is what this whole discussion is about isn't it? Let me ask you. How many do YOU follow? Are you even Christian? If not, what right do you have to ask others? Do you follow any laws or are you one of todays wishy-washy leftists to whom everything is relative and there are no absolutes? The "anti-equality" law, you mean Christian Rights, don't you? Like it is "anti-abortion" or "anti-woman's health" NOT pro-life to you leftist extremists isn't it. You have quite a way with twisting words around to make your views sound so righteous and everyone else's so wrong. Yes, those damned Christians asking for a right to follow their consciences. Can't have them getting to uppity, can we.

Old 04-06-2015, 07:36 AM

88,571 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I have not killed anyone, yet. Does that count?
Me, neither. I once found myself seriously considering it, and it scared me to know I could kill someone. I called a lawyer and got a divorce instead.

Had a great phone conversation with my would-be victim this weekend, too! We're friendly now that we're no longer married.

Old 04-06-2015, 07:44 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,138,296 times
Quote:
Again, unless my bible is completely different JESUS SAID--

"A new command I give you: Love one another. JOHN 13:34...may be Jesus was wrong to say NEW?
Leviticus 19:18(NKJV)
18 You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord.

Deuteronomy 6:5(NKJV)
5 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.

The only NEW thing in that command is Jesus stating to Love each other the same exact same he loved the disciples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity