Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2015, 10:26 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Paul didn't bother to hear and receive the words of Jesus as Jesus commanded therefore He had a limited amount of understanding. He taught with one eye blinded and you learn from a man of sin. Jesus said His followers accept His words and keep them. Paul did not.

There is the law of God and the law of the Pharisees. Keep the law of God and you will live.

It is written in the prophets;

"Law will be sent from Zion and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem."

"Your righteousness (Lord) is an everlasting righteousness and your law is the truth."

let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven. 17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth pass away, not one letter, not one stroke of a letter, will pass from the law until all is accomplished. 19 Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

You teach others to break the commandments by refusing to walk in the light and by not keeping the word of the Lord.

"No one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born from above. No one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and spirit."

"Anyone who does not eat the flesh of the son of man and drink his blood has no life in them."

"The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep."

"Keep the commandments of the Lord by walking in His ways and revering Him."
You are so close...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2015, 09:33 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,784,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
So, what do you see?...
The kingdom of God is at hand.

"Seek rightousness, seek humility perhaps you'll be sheltered on the day of the Lord's anger."

"Observe what is right and do what is just for my salvation is about to come my righteousness about to be revealed, blessed is the man who does this, the son of man who holds to it."

Those are not my words but the words of the Lord who sent me. I came down from heaven to do His will not my own. Anyone who chooses to do His will shall know about this teaching ,namely, whether it comes from God or I am speaking on my own. Whoever speaks on his own seeks his own glory but whoever seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him.

Old 06-06-2015, 09:39 AM

Quote:
The kingdom of God is at hand.

"Seek rightousness, seek humility perhaps you'll be sheltered on the day of the Lord's anger."

"Observe what is right and do what is just for my salvation is about to come my righteousness about to be revealed, blessed is the man who does this, the son of man who holds to it."

Those are not my words but the words of the Lord who sent me. I came down from heaven to do His will not my own. Anyone who chooses to do His will shall know about this teaching ,namely, whether it comes from God or I am speaking on my own. Whoever speaks on his own seeks his own glory but whoever seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him.
The Father who sent him commanded him what to speak...G-d would not tell him to speak anything contrary to what G-d had put out in the TNK...

Old 06-06-2015, 01:00 PM

Quote:
The Father who sent him commanded him what to speak...G-d would not tell him to speak anything contrary to what G-d had put out in the TNK...
Does TNK mean Tanakh? Basically the son of man does what the Father does, by word.

Do you have something in mind that contradicts the Tanakh?

"The son can only do what he sees the Father doing, whatever the Father does the son does likewise for the Father loves the son and whatever he does He shows him.
"

Old 06-07-2015, 11:13 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Paul didn't bother to hear and receive the words of Jesus as Jesus commanded therefore He had a limited amount of understanding. He taught with one eye blinded and you learn from a man of sin. Jesus said His followers accept His words and keep them. Paul did not.

There is the law of God and the law of the Pharisees. Keep the law of God and you will live.

It is written in the prophets;

"Law will be sent from Zion and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem."

"Your righteousness (Lord) is an everlasting righteousness and your law is the truth."

let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven. 17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth pass away, not one letter, not one stroke of a letter, will pass from the law until all is accomplished. 19 Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

You teach others to break the commandments by refusing to walk in the light and by not keeping the word of the Lord.

"No one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born from above. No one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and spirit."

"Anyone who does not eat the flesh of the son of man and drink his blood has no life in them."

"The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep."

"Keep the commandments of the Lord by walking in His ways and revering Him."
Paul met the risen Christ. Christ made Paul the apostle of the nations. The nations are not under law but under grace.

It is very clear that you do not believe God that Christ died for your sins/offenses, was entombed and roused the third day. It is also very clear you think you can do the law to save yourself. That's a pity.

Old 06-07-2015, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Paul met the risen Christ. Christ made Paul the apostle of the nations. The nations are not under law but under grace.

It is very clear that you do not believe God that Christ died for your sins/offenses, was entombed and roused the third day. It is also very clear you think you can do the law to save yourself. That's a pity.
Funny how Christ said that we were still under the Law...It was Paul that went around telling everyone they weren't...And it is only Paul that claims to have met the risen Christ...Peter was the apostle to the Nations...

Old 06-07-2015, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Does TNK mean Tanakh? Basically the son of man does what the Father does, by word.

Do you have something in mind that contradicts the Tanakh?

"The son can only do what he sees the Father doing, whatever the Father does the son does likewise for the Father loves the son and whatever he does He shows him."
What do you mean by contradict?...

Old 06-07-2015, 04:52 PM

Quote:
What do you mean by contradict?...
You said that Christ would not say anything contrary to the TNK. I was wondering what made you say that.

Old 06-07-2015, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post

Paul said he heard Jesus but that does not mean it was Jesus. Paul's actions show he was delusional. Jesus gave the same words to His followers and sent them as He was sent. It is time to do just that.

I am the light of the world, no one who follows me shall ever walk in darkness because he will possess the light of life.

Enter by the narrow gate for the gate is wide and the road is easy that leads to destruction and there are many who take it but the gate is narrow and the road is hard that leads to life and there are few who find it.

No one has gone up to heaven except the one who came down from heaven, the son of man.

The man who comes to me hears my words and puts it to use.

If you continue in my word you are truly my disciple then you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

My brothers, mother and sisters hear the word of God and do it.

Whoever hears my word and does not keep it I am not the one to condemn him for I did not come to condemn the world but to save it. Anyone who rejects me and does not accept my word he already has his judge namely the words I have spoken that's what will condemn him on the last day.

Old 06-07-2015, 06:52 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Paul said he heard Jesus but that does not mean it was Jesus. Paul's actions show he was delusional. Jesus gave the same words to His followers and sent them as He was sent. It is time to do just that.
Sorry but that doesn't work. Peter and the apostles all vouchsafed Paul's apostleship and knew he met the Lord.

Jesus, the risen Jesus gave Paul the words to give to the churches. We know Christ no longer according to the flesh but according to spirit, i.e., the risen Christ.

Anyone who believes God that Christ died for their sins, was entombed and roused the third day is righteous. You are an unbeliever. That is why you don't get it. I don't say that to put you down. But you won't get it until you place your faith in God's sacrifice for you. Sorry, I didn't make the rules.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity