Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 07:03 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times

Advertisements

I wonder about the weather sometimes...Then I remember Jesus saying something about that..
Matthew 16 King James Version (KJV)

16 The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven.
2 He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red.
3 And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowering. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?

4 A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.

5 And when his disciples were come to the other side, they had forgotten to take bread.
6 Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.
7 And they reasoned among themselves, saying, It is because we have taken no bread.
8 Which when Jesus perceived, he said unto them, O ye of little faith, why reason ye among yourselves, because ye have brought no bread?
9 Do ye not yet understand, neither remember the 5 loaves of the 5 thousand, and how many baskets ye took up?
10 Neither the 7 loaves of the 4 thousand, and how many baskets ye took up?
11 How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees?
12 Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 06:00 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodToBeHome View Post
Honestly, wasn't my post about the Pope and climate change? Waste no chance to throw in your salvos against the Church. My point is the Pope is infallible in all things of morality and faith WHEN he speaks from the chair. Anything else is just blathering. I'm sure the Pope and some of the folks think that climate change is our ULTIMATE morality issue....while Christian genocide continues in many parts of world. How about talking about that and then DOING something about it?

Yes, the climate is changing. It's always been changing. The United States was a hot humid swamp once upon a time and then had few ice ages thrown in. I have heard the term snow ball earth when the cold even exceeded the ice ages. And then it got warmer again. It turns out CO2 is a WEAK greenhouse gas. Blame the cows. Blame the sun. Blame natural cycles. Blame God. But to say that man is completely and suddenly alone at fault is just nonsense. In a billion years, the earth is probably going to be uninhabitable due the Sun getting hotter. We must be sending CO2 to the sun....okay, maybe not.

All you have to do with any mystery, is follow the money. So tell me, does a scientist get more money if he cries, "Climate change is going to destroy the world, please send more money to research it further". Or would, "Well, it gets hotter and colder, in fact the earth has stopped getting warmer since 1998 and started cooling in 2003 even though we are pumping even more CO2 into the atmosphere. Please send more money because there seems to be no correlation between CO2 and global temperatures." Folks, as a betting man, I would say the first request will get more research money. How does NASA get more money? Same way. They are forever in a budgetary battle to get more money. So what are they going to say? Ah, nothing going on here or well, most components of climate change, we have absolutely no control of, but can you send more money anyway?

It's like telling a protestant pastor to come join the one true Church that Jesus established. What, and lose this great paying gig? Are you crazy?
They have limits with the infallible issue. It is not every time the pope speaks.

The climate is warming. Draw a "higher" frequency zig zag (the points about 1/2 inch apart) line going up at a 45 degree angle. That is what it is doing. You can take any interval and make it look like it is rising steeply or falling steeply. I think it is better to look at ice sheets, glaciers, birds, tree lines, and tundra for a better picture of what is going on. Also, lower your time interval from a million years to five hundred or a thousand years.

The rest of this post is standard anti-religious gut feeling based belief not based on reality. The church has many flaws. but we have to be honest about them. Just because some of our leaders act like ocdpd abused children that grew up doesn't mean we have to.

biggest problem with the church in the my area is child abuse. And I blame that on liberal thinking. climate change is silliness. we are in the 6th big mass extinction. And it is not due to climate. I just hope we create the next life form before we go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity