Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 08:31 AM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
The vast majority of Protestant preachers teach that every believer in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and their Savior, automatically receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Billy Graham, in his daily syndicated newspaper clipping said many years ago in an answer to a woman who had some doubt of her standing before God told her that if she had ever trusted in Jesus as her Lord and Savior she was eternally saved and there was nothing she could do to lose her salvation.
In recent days Dr. David Jeremiah said essentially the same in one of his daily radio programs.

But is this a true statement? I know that Jesus said in John 6:[40] And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
See also the words of Christ in John 10:[27] My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
[28] And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
[29] My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

So no man can pluck a believer out of the hand of Jesus or His Father. But can a believer walk away from his own salvation?

Jesus said in His parable about the sower in Luke 8:[13] They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.
[14] And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.
[15] But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

So it looks like He is saying that only those who bring forth fruits are the ones who are eternally saved.

Peter and the other Apostles said in Acts 5:32 That God gives the gift of the Holy Ghost to THOSE WHO OBEY HIM.
And Jesus said in Luke 8:[21] And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.

See also Matt. 7:[21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

SO IT APPEARS THAT ONLY THOSE WHO HEAR THE WORD OF GOD AND DO IT ARE, WILL ENTER THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.

If somebody CLAIMS to have the Holy spirit of Passover Atzereth, what is their name?

NOBODY has it, NOBODY.

People can claim to have the spirit of Shavuot, but if they did have it, they would be able to lay hands on the sick and heal them, and nobody can do this. And it's not a maybe or an if, it's that nobody has this spirit anymore.

The reason why is simple. Christians killed anyone who had this spirit after they rejected the covenant and converted to the religion they are now in. God gives the spirit of Shavuot, and then people reject the entire Shavuot and all the days of promises. Why then, would God give his spirit to people who reject the days of promise when the spirit was given?

The spirit will be given in double portion next, and it will not be given to those who have not prepared for Shemini Atzereth, and the reason is obvious.

You have to accept a thing in order to prepare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 09:53 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Jesus did not teach grace

redacted all the gibberish.....

Jesus did not teach grace?

Well I'll be..see what one can learn just by reeding!

The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's people. Amen.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:39 PM

1,543 posts, read 1,313,529 times
Jesus says very clearly in John 14:[15] If ye love me, keep my commandments. . . [21] He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

How can we claim that we love Jesus Christ and show no respect for keeping His commandments or doing the will of God?

Old 04-17-2015, 01:06 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Jesus says very clearly in John 14:[15] If ye love me, keep my commandments. . . [21] He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

How can we claim that we love Jesus Christ and show no respect for keeping His commandments or doing the will of God?
How can we clam we love a God we have not seen

When we cannot love a neighbor we have seen?

Is this not the ultimate Catch-22?

Old 04-17-2015, 03:11 PM

Quote:

Can't

Old 04-17-2015, 03:32 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
I agree wholeheartedly that obedience is necessary to our being saved. We know that Jesus said that if we love Him we should keep His commandments. When we deny that we are to keep His commandments, we are essentially saying that we do not truly love Jesus, and how can we be saved if we do not love Jesus?
So how much obedience is really necessary? Why haven't you obeyed Jesus completely? You have admitted yourself that you sin. So are you not saved?

Old 04-17-2015, 10:46 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
So how much obedience is really necessary? Why haven't you obeyed Jesus completely? You have admitted yourself that you sin. So are you not saved?
Whole Armor of God.
Sandals that are the Gospel of Peace.
Walk the Feast Days?
Peace is Likened to Rest.

Old 04-18-2015, 04:01 AM

299 posts, read 263,782 times
Luke 10:1-12: After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come. Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest. Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves. Carry neither purse, nor scrip, nor shoes: and salute no man by the way. And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house. And if the son of peace be there, your peace shall rest upon it: if not, it shall turn to you again. And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house. And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you: And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you. But into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you not, go your ways out into the streets of the same, and say, Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you. But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city.
The Lord Jesus says when no one wants to accept the truth, it is time to move on. Kick the dust of the place off your feet, leaving them to God. Those who aren't interested in hearing and obeying the truth have to answer for themselves...and it won't be pretty.
So much better to hear the Word, receive it and obey it!

Old 04-18-2015, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Sandals that are the Gospel of Peace.

I saw you in your blood.

Ezekiel 16
6And when I passed by thee, and saw thee polluted in thine own blood, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live; yea, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live. 7I have caused thee to multiply as the bud of the field, and thou hast increased and waxen great, and thou art come to excellent ornaments: thy breasts are fashioned, and thine hair is grown, whereas thou wast naked and bare.
8Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord GOD, and thou becamest mine. 9Then washed I thee with water; yea, I throughly washed away thy blood from thee, and I anointed thee with oil. 10I clothed thee also with broidered work, and shod thee with dolphin skin sandals' , and I girded thee about with fine linen, and I covered thee with silk. 11I decked thee also with ornaments, and I put bracelets upon thy hands, and a chain on thy neck. 12And I put a jewel on thy forehead, and earrings in thine ears, and a beautiful crown upon thine head. 13Thus wast thou decked with gold and silver; and thy raiment was of fine linen, and silk, and broidered work; thou didst eat fine flour, and honey, and oil: and thou wast exceeding beautiful, and thou didst prosper into a kingdom. 14And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord GOD.

Why dolphin skin?

For what porpoise?

To walk across the waters, the sea of Crystal.

Old 04-18-2015, 12:07 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I saw you in your blood.

Ezekiel 16
6And when I passed by thee, and saw thee polluted in thine own blood, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live; yea, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live. 7I have caused thee to multiply as the bud of the field, and thou hast increased and waxen great, and thou art come to excellent ornaments: thy breasts are fashioned, and thine hair is grown, whereas thou wast naked and bare.
8Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord GOD, and thou becamest mine. 9Then washed I thee with water; yea, I throughly washed away thy blood from thee, and I anointed thee with oil. 10I clothed thee also with broidered work, and shod thee with dolphin skin sandals' , and I girded thee about with fine linen, and I covered thee with silk. 11I decked thee also with ornaments, and I put bracelets upon thy hands, and a chain on thy neck. 12And I put a jewel on thy forehead, and earrings in thine ears, and a beautiful crown upon thine head. 13Thus wast thou decked with gold and silver; and thy raiment was of fine linen, and silk, and broidered work; thou didst eat fine flour, and honey, and oil: and thou wast exceeding beautiful, and thou didst prosper into a kingdom. 14And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord GOD.

Why dolphin skin?

For what porpoise?

To walk across the waters, the sea of Crystal.

In Ezekiel 16:10 The New Revised version says sandals of leather and the KJV says badger since it could be several different animals as the Meaning can be several kinds of leather.

תַּחַשׁ
Transliteration
tachash
Pronunciation
takh'·ash (Key)
Part of Speech
masculine noun
Root Word (Etymology)
Probably of foreign derivation
Dictionary Aids
TWOT Reference: 2503

Outline of Biblical Usage
a kind of leather, skin, or animal hide
perhaps the animal yielding the skin
perhaps the badger or dugong, dolphin, or sheep or a now extinct animal

KJV Translation Count — Total: 14x
The KJV translates Strongs H8476 in the following manner: badger (14x).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity