Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 07:12 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,711,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Luke 22
30so that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom, and sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 31Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift each of you like wheat. 32But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith will not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”…

Simon is handed over to Satan to be sifted in the wheat harvest and the wheat harvest is Pentecost.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Satan sifts Simon as wheat to refine him, does that sound like a servant?

It may have been an enemy to Simon, but it was used to refine him in the fire to his gain.
Sorry, for all your passion about festivals, you haven't a clue about how Jews view Satan:

Quote:
The Hebrew word «Satan» means «Hinderer.» To hinder someone means to hold him back, to try to prevent him from doing something. G-d created the Hinderer to give us work to do in this world (see my article Why did G-d Create the World?). Satan is here to make things difficult for us, so we can overcome our evil temptations, and PASS the test. That is the purpose of Satan. Satan is an angel whose purpose has been determined by G-d.

Temptation is there to try and deter us. It gives us the ability to do the wrong thing. More importantly, it gives us the ability to look at evil and refuse to do it. By presenting us with the opportunity to do evil, it gives us the ability to choose between good and evil.

The ability to choose between good and evil is what gives us free will.

So, in order for us to work for the good that Hashem wants to give us, the good of the World to Come, we need something to deter us. That is the ability to do evil. Satan is our Evil Inclination (Yetzer Hara). The Evil Inclination tries to prevent us from doing good, because Hashem has commanded the Evil Inclination to do that. Why? To give us free will.

Each of us every day fights with Satan. We all have temptations, throughout the day. But we, as the Children of Israel, have the power to overcome even angels, if we work at it. Therefore, the Talmud says that men are greater than angels, for we can fight with an angel (Satan) and win.

Satan is not, as the Christians think, a rebellious angel. How impossible! The angels are spiritual and holy, without any physical or unholy presence, and the presence of Hashem’s holiness permeates them entirely. Angels, unlike humans, are therefore constantly and fully aware of Hashem’s Presence everywhere. Could you stay dry in the ocean? An angel could not stop being holy, and can do no wrong. There is holiness everywhere in Creation, everywhere in the universe, and angels are made of the same thing. An angel could not stop serving G-d even if he tried.

Furthermore, humans have Satan to tempt us. Angels have no Satan to tempt them. Who would be Satan’s Satan? An ultra-Satan?

The truth is that Satan has a job to do, just like every other angel. And angels have no free will. They do as Hashem commands them.

A man once came to a great Rabbi, very troubled. He said to the Rabbi, «Please pray to Hashem to take away my Evil Inclination. I do so many sins, and I want to stop sinning!»

The Rabbi answered, «Then what would be your purpose in this world, if you had no Evil Inclination? Your purpose in life is to overcome your personal Evil Inclination. That is what you were created for! Hashem has enough angels in heaven. He doesn’t need one more. He created you human, so that you could improve yourself.»
Does Judaism Believe in Satan?

Sorry, no one gets to blame Satan for submitting to their own evil desires. They chose evil over good---and failed God's test.

The next time you are tempted to do a wrong thing, just think of God leaning into a spiritual microphone and crying out, "Testing! Testing! Testing!"

Incidentally, you can see much of this played out in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, where the ultimate chocolate maker, Wonka, is the one who ultimately is tempting all the children visiting the factory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2018, 07:45 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
“the student is not above the teacher, nor a servant above his master. 25 it is enough for students to be like their teachers, and servants like their masters. If the head of the house has been called beelzebul, how much more the members of his household!

26 “so do not be afraid of them, for there is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. 27 what i tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs. 28 do not be afraid of those who kill th]e body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the one who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
but in the illusions of security of our times and in this place .. These are afraid of nothing and no one..
, there is no holy ground to them they can not tread on, no subject they can not defile. These are afraid of nothing .................................................. ............. Yet!~

according to them God 's truth must be afraid/bow to them.

Old 05-15-2018, 10:00 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
but in the illusions of security of our times and in this place .. These are afraid of nothing and no one..
, there is no holy ground to them they can not tread on, no subject they can not defile. These are afraid of nothing .................................................. ............. Yet!~

according to them God 's truth must be afraid/bow to them.
When Yhua destroys everything they love, then they will be exposed to the fear.
As for those who are prepared.
Look for the steep gate!

Old 05-16-2018, 04:53 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,269 times
yes Like a birthing .. joy comes in the morning and only after the mourning .
because change will cause us pain .
but he wants to burn down some bridges and dance in the light of a lesson learned ( into how dark the soul of men can get ) who wants to start over with him?
I think he needs that rest.. 2000 years he has been carrying this garbage that is going on here now.
time to put it all behind us.
soon the just like in the temple..
the vail of reality and of expereinces will be ripped from top to the bottom and the glory of the Father and his kingdom will come pouring out of that rip .
and like Enoch says and it will purify the land and the houses of the righteous of the unrighteousness of all things of their so called wisdom...
and new land and a new liberty will be given to his children .

at least for today there is an invite that is still available.

SO who wants to watch their bridges burn with him ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFkTbdu3Kig

[Intro]
Da-doo, da-doo, doo, doo, doo, doo

[Verse 1]
It's time for moving on
There's some things you can't forget
It's sinking us like a stone
I just wanna bury it

[Chorus]
I wanna watch all my bridges burn
Stand in the rain 'til the page is turned
Dance in the light of a lesson learned, lesson learned
I wanna leave everything that hurts
Never go back to the way we were
Set it on fire, baby, watch it burn, watch it burn

[Post-Chorus]

[Verse 2]
Out into the unknown
We traded in our regrets
Not gonna go alone
'Cause we're gonna finish this

[Chorus]
Set it on fire, baby, watch it burn, watch it burn

[Bridge]
Burn it all, set me free
And let the smoke blow on out to the sea
I need to find somewhere I can believe
I need to know there's a chance we can be
Burn it all, set me free
And let the smoke blow on out to the sea
I need to find somewhere I can believe
I need to know there's a chance we can be

[Chorus]
Set it on fire, baby, watch it burn, watch it burn (end)

I think He wants his 1000 years of Rest real soon?
but there is still grace on the table and it will be a little while longer..but not much longer .

but we all need to run to him and grab his word and his cross and don't let go ...
because humanities reality is about get ripped from top to the bottom.. and we won't ever go back as far as " madkinds knowledge of good and evil " because that never gives life.. only death , only degrees of death. it ends up always stupid and death.... because that has been a miserable failure ! and is about to get even more miserable.
who wants to watch their bridges Burn with him? because I do !!!!!!
because I really want to dance in the light of a whole lot of bad lessons learned!!
But also to let the father Glory finish his work in me and watch as he burns away what is left of the fall in me.. because that has to be dealt with and only he can do it.. I can't make myself good enough .. nor can my mind change me.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 05-16-2018 at 05:24 AM..

Old 05-16-2018, 09:14 AM

23,141 posts, read 10,441,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Sorry, for all your passion about festivals, you haven't a clue about how Jews view Satan:

Sorry, no one gets to blame Satan for submitting to their own evil desires. They chose evil over good---and failed God's test.

The next time you are tempted to do a wrong thing, just think of God leaning into a spiritual microphone and crying out, "Testing! Testing! Testing!"

Incidentally, you can see much of this played out in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, where the ultimate chocolate maker, Wonka, is the one who ultimately is tempting all the children visiting the factory.
I didn't say anything about how Jews believe, I quoted New Testament, I didn't say what I believe of Satan. Jumping the gun aint ya? Who said anything about not getting to blame Satan? Maybe you should ask me what I think of Satan, you are clearly wrong in your assumption.

LOL.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 05-16-2018 at 09:28 AM..

Old 05-19-2018, 02:28 AM

619 posts, read 311,689 times
Quote:

Quote:
I didn't say anything about how Jews believe, I quoted New Testament, I didn't say what I believe of Satan. Jumping the gun aint ya? Who said anything about not getting to blame Satan? Maybe you should ask me what I think of Satan, you are clearly wrong in your assumption.

LOL.

Hi Warden, hello Hanni,

Well then, apparently you are both correct, (as far as I understand the Satan), and Paul teaches the same, that is, that there are "two witnesses" in all of us which jointly "testify", and they are the conscience and our thoughts which bear witness either for or against us in judgment, (perhaps in that great day when we become "aware" and are awakened to the true reality of who and what we are and who dwells within us). Paul even goes so far as to call those thoughts an ACCUSER, perhaps the same as the evil inclinations, (as per Warden's posted article), and the resulting guilt produced by following such inclinations. These things are expounded in the following passage from Romans 2 with a fair understanding of the Greek.

Here is my twist of the jist of the passage, (lol).

Romans 2:14-16
14 for when nations not having the law produce by nature the things of the law, these, not having the law, are the law unto themselves:
15 who show forth the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience jointly testifying therewith, and their thoughts one with another either ACCUSING or else excusing them:
16 in the day when God shall judge the secrets of men, according to my good message by way of Meshiah Yeshua.

So it does seem that even the New Testament teaching is truly that each of us has his or her own personal ACCUSER with his angels or "messengers", (evil thoughts and inclinations), and the same is/are the Adversary, the Satan: and when the conscience is finally purged and cleansed, (by way of true repentance and by discontinuing habitual and willful sinning), the Satan is cast out of our heavens each in his or her own appointed times, (that's personal in inward also: for the heavens are the mind, and Elohim has said that He will dwell in Araphel, (lol, "the thick darkness", mount Horeb of above, which is between the ears)).

Old 05-19-2018, 02:59 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daqq View Post
Hi Warden, hello Hanni,

Well then, apparently you are both correct, (as far as I understand the Satan), and Paul teaches the same, that is, that there are "two witnesses" in all of us which jointly "testify", and they are the conscience and our thoughts which bear witness either for or against us in judgment, (perhaps in that great day when we become "aware" and are awakened to the true reality of who and what we are and who dwells within us). Paul even goes so far as to call those thoughts an ACCUSER, perhaps the same as the evil inclinations, (as per Warden's posted article), and the resulting guilt produced by following such inclinations. These things are expounded in the following passage from Romans 2 with a fair understanding of the Greek.

14 for when nations not having the law produce by nature the things of the law, these, not having the law, are the law unto themselves:
15 who show forth the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience jointly testifying therewith, and their thoughts one with another either ACCUSING or else excusing them:
16 in the day when God shall judge the secrets of men, according to my good message by way of Meshiah Yeshua.

So it does seem that even the New Testament teaching is truly that each of us has his or her own personal ACCUSER with his angels or "messengers", (evil thoughts and inclinations), and the same is/are the Adversary, the Satan: and when the conscience is finally purged and cleansed, (by way of true repentance and by discontinuing habitual and willful sinning), the Satan is cast out of our heavens each in his or her own appointed times, (that's personal in inward also: for the heavens are the mind, and Elohim has said that He will dwell in Araphel, (lol, "the thick darkness", mount Horeb of above, which is between the ears)).
You are getting closer to the truth...

Old 05-19-2018, 03:02 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:

You seem to be on a serious search for truth, Warden...

Old 05-19-2018, 03:38 AM

23,141 posts, read 10,441,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daqq View Post
Hi Warden, hello Hanni,

Good post Daq, missed you dude.

Old 05-19-2018, 04:03 AM

619 posts, read 311,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You are getting closer to the truth...

Hopefully each and every day.

Quote:
Good post Daq, missed you dude.

Hey Hanni, been fabricating some stone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity