Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 09:40 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post
Each Person of the Triune God does dwell within us as God is with us, but the Father is not trading hats with the terms of the Son & the Holy Spirit, because there is a plurality within the One God as there are three Witnesses to establish a word in creation and three Witnesses to judge the people at Babylon to scatter their language. That is why we see God speaking to Himself in a plural sense, in "Let us.." in each incident and when performing the act, "they" did so as the One God.
You have allowed the ignorance of our ancestors and their inability to understand the role of consciousness in personhood to mislead you. There is no Triune God. There is simply God. God is a Spirit and His Spirit is Holy and God's Spirit IS agape love, period. God IS consciousness (Spirit) and the character (Holy) of His consciousness (Spirit) IS agape love. Jesus brought God's consciousness (Holy Spirit) to His HUMAN consciousness. This connected ALL HUMAN consciousness with God eliminating the deleterious effects of our "sin" (missing the mark). Jesus eliminated a deficiency in our HUMAN consciousness by connecting to God's consciousness (Holy Spirit) of agape love. All the nonsense about hypostatic unions and kenosis, etc. are the product of human ignorance and rationalization trying to explain what was inexplicable to men who had no conception of consciousness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2015, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Matthew 20:28Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
Mark 10:45For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
That's two witnesses that God provided for you to lift your sights a little higher. And one more.
John 1:29The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world....36And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!
Revelation 5:6And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
Revelations 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
Fulfillment of prophesy;
Isaiah 53:5But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
1 Peter 2:24Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
We had to have done something if every one of us is in need of being reconciled to God.
Again, you have allowed the barbaric ignorance of our ancestors to corrupt your understanding of Christ's mission. The savage and barbaric meme of blood sacrifices to appease a wrathful God was thoroughly indoctrinated into the psyches of our primitive ancestors. They could not escape from their conditioning. Religious leaders have retained that ancient ignorance and perpetuated the corruption of Christ's Gospel . . . Good News. Because of this ignorance, they interpreted the ransom being paid to God . . . NOT to our barbaric ancestors. But that is who Christ sacrificed His life to . . . our ignorant savage ancestors . . . because they did not know what they were doing. Jesus wanted to leave us with an unambiguous example of God's TRUE NATURE. He had already said when you see me, you see the Father. So by acceding to their brutality in love for us all, including His torturers and murderers, He left an unambiguous message of God's love and reconciliation. He smote no one!!

Old 08-27-2015, 05:29 PM

1,100 posts, read 796,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You have allowed the ignorance of our ancestors and their inability to understand the role of consciousness in personhood to mislead you. There is no Triune God. There is simply God. God is a Spirit and His Spirit is Holy and God's Spirit IS agape love, period. God IS consciousness (Spirit) and the character (Holy) of His consciousness (Spirit) IS agape love. Jesus brought God's consciousness (Holy Spirit) to His HUMAN consciousness. This connected ALL HUMAN consciousness with God eliminating the deleterious effects of our "sin" (missing the mark). Jesus eliminated a deficiency in our HUMAN consciousness by connecting to God's consciousness (Holy Spirit) of agape love. All the nonsense about hypostatic unions and kenosis, etc. are the product of human ignorance and rationalization trying to explain what was inexplicable to men who had no conception of consciousness.
So basically, you do not believe the KJV Bible is telling you the truth, and the global flood was not God's wrath? And that there is no fiery judgment coming on the earth after the pre trib rapture?

Quote:
Again, you have allowed the barbaric ignorance of our ancestors to corrupt your understanding of Christ's mission. The savage and barbaric meme of blood sacrifices to appease a wrathful God was thoroughly indoctrinated into the psyches of our primitive ancestors. They could not escape from their conditioning. Religious leaders have retained that ancient ignorance and perpetuated the corruption of Christ's Gospel . . . Good News. Because of this ignorance, they interpreted the ransom being paid to God . . . NOT to our barbaric ancestors. But that is who Christ sacrificed His life to . . . our ignorant savage ancestors . . . because they did not know what they were doing. Jesus wanted to leave us with an unambiguous example of God's TRUE NATURE. He had already said when you see me, you see the Father. So by acceding to their brutality in love for us all, including His torturers and murderers, He left an unambiguous message of God's love and reconciliation. He smote no one!!
Well, if you do not believe the Bible, then you do not believe that He had whipped those moneychangers out of the temple for turning God's House of prayer into a den of thieves.

Not really sure how you can defend what you believe or show how you even come to that belief if you do not believe His words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayiVxhGZ4PE

Old 08-27-2015, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So basically, you do not believe the KJV Bible is telling you the truth, and the global flood was not God's wrath? And that there is no fiery judgment coming on the earth after the pre trib rapture?
I believe that all versions of the Bible CONTAIN truth as inspired by God but interpreted by ignorant primitives and barbarians. I do not believe there was a global flood nor that it was the wrath of God . . . but there probably was a culling of the herd at some point. I do not expect or believe in a fiery judgment from a wrathful God, period. Our God IS agape love . . . no room for wrath in Him. That does not mean there are not consequences . . . just that they are not punishments inflicted by God. If you violate God's physical law of gravity, you will face consequences. But the consequences have nothing to do with God punishing you for violating His physical law. The same is true for violations of God's spiritual laws. None of the consequences are punishments inflicted by God. Your concerns about pre-Trib and Trib nonsense is human ignorance and superstition writ large.
Quote:
Well, if you do not believe the Bible, then you do not believe that He had whipped those moneychangers out of the temple for turning God's House of prayer into a den of thieves.
Not really sure how you can defend what you believe or show how you even come to that belief if you do not believe His words.
You and your ilk always seem to demand that believing in the Bible requires believing ALL of it . . . which is preposterous! I believe what is consistent and compatible with God's standard of truth . . . the Spirit of agape love (Who IS God). You can continue to mistakenly believe everything without testing its Spirit . . . but I will trust God's standard of truth.

Old 08-28-2015, 10:20 AM

1,100 posts, read 796,346 times
Quote:
I believe that all versions of the Bible CONTAIN truth as inspired by God but interpreted by ignorant primitives and barbarians. I do not believe there was a global flood nor that it was the wrath of God . . . but there probably was a culling of the herd at some point.
And what would you call this culling of the herd if it was not done by the wrath of God?

Quote:
I do not expect or believe in a fiery judgment from a wrathful God, period. Our God IS agape love . . . no room for wrath in Him. That does not mean there are not consequences . . . just that they are not punishments inflicted by God. If you violate God's physical law of gravity, you will face consequences. But the consequences have nothing to do with God punishing you for violating His physical law. The same is true for violations of God's spiritual laws. None of the consequences are punishments inflicted by God.
So... let's say your kids are violating what you taught them. One of them is trying to kill the other. Are you just going to stand by and let that happen or what? How would you stop it? What would you do as a deterrant when the kid is relentless in pursuing to kill your other kid? Before the flood, man had become violent where every thought & intent of the heart was wickedness. Noah & his family were in danger. So you have a big family where a few kids were in danger from being killed by your warring kids in your house as they are killing each other. The blood feud is increasing, and so... time to kick them out of the house to save those few kids that follow your example of agape love.

Now... what happens when one kid is teaching other kids to hate others; maybe some pitiful kid next door; an easy target for your bullying kid whose trying to get his other siblings to join him in making that kid's life next door absolutely miserable and even to suffer some scrapes & bruises? What happens when he is defiant to your will and it looks like he is winning your other children to join him in tormenting the kid next door? So what deterrant are you going to give that kid to disuade your other children from following him, and not just to give him a reason to stop?

Quote:
Your concerns about pre-Trib and Trib nonsense is human ignorance and superstition writ large.
I see God as the Father and so comeuppance will come from Him for not looking to Jesus, the author & finisher of our faith to help us to depart from sin in running that race, because those left behind are going to inherit the kingdom of God even if the Father has to chasten them to be partakers of His holiness.

Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. 4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. 5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: 6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. 7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? 8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. 9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? 10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. 11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. 12 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; 13 And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. 14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: 15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled; 16 Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright. 17 For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears. 18 For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest, 19 And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more: 20 (For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart: 21 And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake 22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, 23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel. 25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven: 26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven. 27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain. 28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: 29 For our God is a consuming fire.

If you think the loss of crowns for failing to run by faith in the Son of God as our Good Shepherd is the only consequence, then carnal & wayward believers better think twice.

1 Corinthians 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Quote:
You and your ilk always seem to demand that believing in the Bible requires believing ALL of it . . . which is preposterous! I believe what is consistent and compatible with God's standard of truth . . . the Spirit of agape love (Who IS God). You can continue to mistakenly believe everything without testing its Spirit . . . but I will trust God's standard of truth.
Or how about your kid not believing he is your kid but believes be is someone else's kid and he runs away because he did not believe all of your words that he is your kid?

Or how about your teenage kid taking your stand on agape love in the wrong way as something that permits him to sow his oats all over the neighborhood? He uses his reasoning to discard some of your words and apply parts of your words so that he believes you would never punish him nor stop him from sowing his oats because he is doing it out of love towards others?

Both of these requires your response, brother. And to say that punishment is not something God would ever do when He is our Father, is an erroneous mentality to have. You would punish the liar that misled your kid. You would punish your kid for misusing your words as if he was allowed to sow his oats. Don't expect God the Father to do anything less when punishment can be dished out of love for us.

Last edited by PoorInSpirit; 08-28-2015 at 10:30 AM..

Old 08-28-2015, 01:43 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
The Holy Spirit is a person's own ego. That's why the Holy Spirit almost always has the same theological opinions as a given person.

Very few people believe that God (or the Holy Spirit) has has theological or political views which are contrary to their own.

Old 08-28-2015, 04:50 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,925,052 times
I had to learn to let the Holy Spirit reteach me, and correct a great deal of misinformation given me by men, falsely representing the scriptures , and God.
Ego must be set aside, God will not force tutelage.
If you haven't the Holy Spirit, be careful of your speech .
Every one of us will give account on that day , Jesus said so.
I speak what I am given.

Old 08-28-2015, 07:10 PM

Quote:
I believe that all versions of the Bible CONTAIN truth as inspired by God but interpreted by ignorant primitives and barbarians. I do not believe there was a global flood nor that it was the wrath of God . . . but there probably was a culling of the herd at some point. I do not expect or believe in a fiery judgment from a wrathful God, period. Our God IS agape love . . . no room for wrath in Him. That does not mean there are not consequences . . . just that they are not punishments inflicted by God. If you violate God's physical law of gravity, you will face consequences. But the consequences have nothing to do with God punishing you for violating His physical law. The same is true for violations of God's spiritual laws. None of the consequences are punishments inflicted by God. Your concerns about pre-Trib and Trib nonsense is human ignorance and superstition writ large.You and your ilk always seem to demand that believing in the Bible requires believing ALL of it . . . which is preposterous! I believe what is consistent and compatible with God's standard of truth . . . the Spirit of agape love (Who IS God). You can continue to mistakenly believe everything without testing its Spirit . . . but I will trust God's standard of truth.
Quote:
And what would you call this culling of the herd if it was not done by the wrath of God?
Well actually, I would call it "Natural Selection."
Quote:
<Snip>And to say that punishment is not something God would ever do when He is our Father, is an erroneous mentality to have. You would punish the liar that misled your kid. You would punish your kid for misusing your words as if he was allowed to sow his oats. Don't expect God the Father to do anything less when punishment can be dished out of love for us.
Punishment is for revenge and God has no need of it. Correction is for teaching and it frequently has negative consequences . . . but they are not punishments. We will reap what we sow . . . but only what we sow.

Old 08-29-2015, 12:54 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Cruel and unusual punishment is beyond recompense.

There's no empirical study that's ever been completed, which illustrates that punitive damages - under
man’s thoughts of justice - have any constructive function, other than that of being excessive in nature.

Old 08-30-2015, 05:04 PM

360 posts, read 234,093 times
I believe the Holy Spirit has been made up by church leaders to give them authority over followers. It is convenient, preachers do it a lot. If you doubt me, you are in danger of offending the Holy Spirit. Clergy find the Holy Spirit in the gospels and Paul, so it must be true. A preacher rolls with emotion before the assembly and yells "I feel the Holy Spirit!" Who would dare question him, he has the Holy Spirit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity