Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 03:40 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,244,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by collected_eve View Post
It's not mandatory for anyone to have compassion, or mercy. It's not mandatory to forgive.
If the tables were reversed & my tenants who had intentions of owning the house I had to sell/rent had a superb payment record needed until the end if the month to pay me, I'd be ok with that. I understand it's business & the money is owed. It's hers, and I don't plan on NOT paying her. If I would've paid rent instead of securing my family another place to live, we'd have no place to go. That's why I'd have compassion if the tables were turned. I don't feel she's wrong for her decision to sue us. It's just this lack of kindness in the world is part of the reason why the world is hurting. Again, I'm not hurting.
And by "fat & happy" I mean, she's well off. She's not fat at all. She's quite beautiful actually
I'm not trying to profit. I've helped her profit by putting lots of time & hard work into her property. We've made CGs property look better than it ever has we've left it in better condition than we found it.
I am sorry that you have come here looking for compassion and been sent away empty handed. It's tragic. The American churches are fat and happy - they do not give a crap about compassion for the most part. All will be revealed for what it is in due time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 03:44 PM

667 posts, read 2,300,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
I am sorry that you have come here looking for compassion and been sent away empty handed. It's tragic. The American churches are fat and happy - they do not give a crap about compassion for the most part. All will be revealed for what it is in due time.
Heart Song I'm not empty handed. Words like yours, understanding like yours, is worth alot. The world needs a group hug & I'm glad to know you're helping to pull that group hug together so, many many thanks to you!

Old 04-24-2015, 03:59 PM

530 posts, read 902,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Why are you making yourself sound like a Martyr?...There is a reason why CG sued for eviction, you were obviously behind on your rent...She didn't just wake up one morning and think, "I think I will evict those people from my property"...She was in the right, according to G-d's Laws...And your use of scripture to make her look like the bad guy and make yourself look like the victim is just....WOW!..

Psa 37:21 The sinner borrows, and will not pay again: but the righteous has compassion, and gives.

Pro 13:4 Every slothful man desires, but the hands of the active are diligent.

Pro 13:11 Wealth gotten hastily with iniquity is diminished: but he that gathers for himself with godliness shall be increased. The righteous is merciful, and lends.
Hmmm, unless she has a potential buyer who can pay upfront. If they didn't secure a loan in the 2yr time frame she may just want to sell the house. Either way don't sweat it. It could still be a blessing. Here I go again, I always have a story, but God as my witness they are all true.

Anyway, I'd lived in an apartment for a long as I can remember like 10+yrs. A neighbor had a fire and the whole building had to evacuate. So moved to a condo larger than our townhouse apt, got a lease purchase. 5 yrs in my time was up to secure my loan, and as fate would have it we started having mass plumbing issues. As a result we moved. I was not happy because I really like that condo. So moved to a larger bi-level fixer upper. Our land lord was a slum lord. What in the world. One year later had to move as the mass water damage and black mold. I couldn't believe it. So once again packed up and moved, but moved into an even larger two story corner lot, lease purchase and because of all my water issues asked if the owner would replace the roof. Been in our house over a year and a half and guess what...the roof is leaking, BUT the owner is doing what...........replacing the roof. Yea!!!! Love the house and have yet to secure a loan as I'm starting my own business, but that's another topic. However the owner has said they are fine with us continuing as we are or even the possibility of a land contract. But you know what. I'm okay for now. We will see what God does. But where I was going is each phase was a blessing. The fire moved us to a larger unit and we got new furniture. The plumbing issues moved us to a house so I liked house style living when I was strictly apartment, town house, condo and I'm not against those things, but I'm liking the house. I like that I can have a big dog and a little dog, I like that I can garden and I like the space. But if I had never been pushed ...who knows.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisTime2010 View Post
Hmmm, unless she has a potential buyer who can pay upfront. If they didn't secure a loan in the 2yr time frame she may just want to sell the house. Either way don't sweat it. It could still be a blessing. Here I go again, I always have a story, but God as my witness they are all true.

Anyway, I'd lived in an apartment for a long as I can remember like 10+yrs. A neighbor had a fire and the whole building had to evacuate. So moved to a condo larger than our townhouse apt, got a lease purchase. 5 yrs in my time was up to secure my loan, and as fate would have it we started having mass plumbing issues. As a result we moved. I was not happy because I really like that condo. So moved to a larger bi-level fixer upper. Our land lord was a slum lord. What in the world. One year later had to move as the mass water damage and black mold. I couldn't believe it. So once again packed up and moved, but moved into an even larger two story corner lot, lease purchase and because of all my water issues asked if the owner would replace the roof. Been in our house over a year and a half and guess what...the roof is leaking, BUT the owner is doing what...........replacing the roof. Yea!!!! Love the house and have yet to secure a loan as I'm starting my own business, but that's another topic. However the owner has said they are fine with us continuing as we are or even the possibility of a land contract. But you know what. I'm okay for now. We will see what God does. But where I was going is each phase was a blessing. The fire moved us to a larger unit and we got new furniture. The plumbing issues moved us to a house so I liked house style living when I was strictly apartment, town house, condo and I'm not against those things, but I'm liking the house. I like that I can have a big dog and a little dog, I like that I can garden and I like the space. But if I had never been pushed ...who knows.
Yes! That's an awesome story & we have an awesome Father. I know He's not done with my situation & I am excited for my family's future. The fixer upper trailer is great, it was super trashed. But it's incredible what a lil' tlc will do to a place.
I've gotten some backlash on this thread & I don't mind. When God moves, it's for His glory! That's all...His glory. And we know how much He enjoys working with us on a personal level thanks for sharing.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:17 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
Why should anyone have compassion for someone that, instead of paying their rent, decides to use that money to secure another place?...You only know what she is telling you, not what actually took place...Like, what does she do for a living?...What does her family do for a living?...That's my question...

Old 04-24-2015, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Why should anyone have compassion for someone that, instead of paying their rent, decides to use that money to secure another place?...You only know what she is telling you, not what actually took place...Like, what does she do for a living?...What does her family do for a living?...That's my question...
She's a loan processor, has no family to take care of. She's single, 40s. I know her & her situation to know she's well off. To answer your question. So, would it have been a better choice to pay rent right on time & leave myself, my hardworking husband & my two children with no place to live. Or let April's rent be 28days late?
Take care of my family or pay rent late (but still while in the same month is was due) ?

Old 04-24-2015, 07:42 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
She's a loan processor, has no family to take care of. She's single, 40s. I know her & her situation to know she's well off. To answer your question. So, would it have been a better choice to pay rent right on time & leave myself, my hardworking husband & my two children with no place to live. Or let April's rent be 28days late?
Take care of my family or pay rent late (but still while in the same month is was due) ?
I was talking about what you and your husband did for a living...So how would your paying your due rent this month put you and your family in hardship?...

Old 04-24-2015, 09:06 PM

Quote:
I was talking about what you and your husband did for a living...So how would your paying your due rent this month put you and your family in hardship?...
My husband & I both work, plus volunteer to help out with children in need of daycare. For free. But we're certainly not wealthy. The paychecks that we've recently made could finance moving or paying April's rent. Our last day at CGs property is April30, regardless. She notified us to leave at the end of March. So, we had to start the relocation process. We had asked her if paying at the end of April would be ok or if she'd accept partial payments? CG found that request unacceptable. We had a decision to make. Had I paid rent at the beginning of April, we wouldn't have had the funds to put toward another place to live. So, instead of giving my family a little understanding & out of compassion, allow us to pay 28days late, she's suing us for more than we even owe.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:12 PM

I'm a part time working mother of 2 awesome boys they both play baseball for our city league, we all love to garden & we love helping out with foster children & children who get stuck in routine daycare. My husband works full time & sometimes on weekends. I work part time only, bc I'm active with my children & other children we're quite normal, actually! We like going to yardsales, we love the farm life, we drive ol' rusty trucks, collect rocks and don't spend money on things like cable...lol

Old 04-24-2015, 09:15 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:

How does 28 days late at 800 a month, plus 100 towards the lease option, equate to 1,362?
Just curious, did you attempt to seek out a loan for yourself before the contract expired?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity