Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 05:00 AM

16,671 posts, read 15,668,595 times

Advertisements

If you read the court document, you'd know that the couple discussed the issue when the State of Washington made SSM legal. They could have planned to avoid the issue, but instead they decided to protest by breaking the law. They brought the controversy on themselves.

I wonder what would have happened if they had put a sign up that said "As a signature of our business, we need the names of the bride and groom to begin processing any order."

Old 04-28-2015, 07:14 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Seems to me that atheists spent an awful amount of time and energy attacking Christians online and off rather than being out there helping their fellow human beings. How do you know we are not out there doing such things?
Make no mistake. You are being criticized by other faithful. You do not represent Christianity or Christians. Your hubris is arrogant at best. You do not represent me, Jeff.

You should should step into the Sun and listen. If you feel attacked, it is because your beliefs are shaky.

When you feel cornered, you start in about types of intercourse you have no knowledge about, and claim concern about the dangers of anal sex. Your knowledge about human intimacy is null.

The next time you decide to type the word anal, or sodomy, think about why you bring those words to your fingers. If you are that concerned about STD's you should educate yourself and others about using protection and condoms ,and encourage addicts to use clean needles to prevent the spread of Aids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 07:30 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
All of that is just a little bit "over the top," don't you think?
Absolutely over the top! The point is to make fundamentalists feel the same anger and frustration that they cause homosexuals with their idiotic suggestions about their "religious freedom" in the commercial world. The current problem is they.lack any empathy for those "evil" people.

My responses are quite calculated and purposeful. Mensaguy and others are doing well at approaching the problem logically. My points are intended to draw out emotions.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:31 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Make no mistake. You are being criticized by other faithful. You do not represent Christianity or Christians. Your hubris is arrogant at best. You do not represent me, Jeff.

You should should step into the Sun and listen. If you feel attacked, it is because your beliefs are shaky.
Are you saying you are a Christian? Do you even believe in the Bible? I don't care what your opinion of me is, frankly. You don't know me personally, but I find it quite arrogant to label someone that you don't know as a bigot, compare us to Nazis, and refer to us as digusting human beings. You want to believe that you are on the side of righteousness, but just look at which side is being nasty and rude. It's not mine. I only care what God thinks.

Quote:

When you feel cornered, you start in about types of intercourse you have no knowledge about, and claim concern about the dangers of anal sex. Your knowledge about human intimacy is null.
I've never felt cornered. Only buried by a barrage of massive posts that are practically impossible to respond everyone unless I spend all day on here. I made valid points about the dangers of homosexuality. I presented facts and links to back it up. As expected, your side somehow manages to distort reality.

Quote:

The next time you decide to type the word anal, or sodomy, think about why you bring those words to your fingers. If you are that concerned about STD's you should educate yourself and others about using protection and condoms ,and encourage addicts to use clean needles to prevent the spread of Aids.

If you don't like me bringing up STDS, then simply explain to me why the homosexual community makes up the vast majority of new HIV transmissions. That's a fact. Shifting the blame won't erase that fact.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:43 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
Quote:
Are you saying you are a Christian? Do you even believe in the Bible? I don't care what your opinion of me is, frankly. You don't know me personally, but I find it quite arrogant to label someone that you don't know as a bigot, compare us to Nazis, and refer to us as digusting human beings. You want to believe that you are on the side of righteousness, but just look at which side is being nasty and rude. It's not mine. I only care what God thinks.

I've never felt cornered. Only buried by a barrage of massive posts that are practically impossible to respond everyone unless I spend all day on here. I made valid points about the dangers of homosexuality. I presented facts and links to back it up. As expected, your side somehow manages to distort reality.

If you don't like me bringing up STDS, then simply explain to me why the homosexual community makes up the vast majority of new HIV transmissions. That's a fact. Shifting the blame won't erase that fact.
Once again, a post from ignorance. The focus for you is "Muurrica," as if this is the only nation of worth in the world. The World Health Organization, according to the Kaiser Foundation provides a broader overview.

Women represent half (50%) of all adults living with HIV worldwide. HIV is the leading cause of death among women of reproductive age. Gender inequalities, differential access to service, and sexual violence increase women’s vulnerability to HIV, and women, especially younger women, are biologically more susceptible to HIV.

Young people, ages 15-24, account for approximately 33% of new HIV infections (among those 15 and over).2 In sub-Saharan Africa, young women are twice as likely to become infected with HIV than their male counterparts. In some areas, young women are more heavily impacted than young men.

Globally, there were 3.2 million children living with HIV in 2013, 240,000 new infections among children, and 190,000 AIDS deaths.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:19 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times
Quote:

You do not define my faith. I will not allow it.

I have never used the word disgusting human being. I do not use Nazi imagery. I always own my words.

Son, you never have to respond to any post I write, no matter how many times I quote you. You have choice. You choose to respond, and wish to blame others for responding to you. It is simple. Do not respond, and that is certainly okay.

STD's. You do not know a thing about them, yet you keep bringing up anal intercourse, and sodomy. You can become infected with HIV without ever sharing a needle, and your relationships are hetero.
STD's are a group of sexually transmitted diseases, and HIV is only one of them.

HIV transmission via intercourse, or needle sharing is a fact. We teach people to use protection and clean needles. HIV transmission can happen with an accidental needle stick, too.

You seem to make sex the center of LGBTQ community. It is not.
LGBTQ relationships are the same as your parents relationship. No different.

HIV is a viral infection controlled through medications, and people go on to live long productive lives with HIV. Your concern for those poor poor gay people is touching, and shallow.

God is unhappy with your bigotry, and your mistreatment of the LGBTQ community. God puts people in front of you for a reason. I am one of those people. You can listen, or not.
That is your God given free will, and you choose to squander it. But, that is between the two of you. I am simply the messenger.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:27 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Once again, a post from ignorance. The focus for you is "Muurrica," as if this is the only nation of worth in the world. The World Health Organization, according to the Kaiser Foundation provides a broader overview.

Women represent half (50%) of all adults living with HIV worldwide. HIV is the leading cause of death among women of reproductive age. Gender inequalities, differential access to service, and sexual violence increase women’s vulnerability to HIV, and women, especially younger women, are biologically more susceptible to HIV.

Young people, ages 15-24, account for approximately 33% of new HIV infections (among those 15 and over).2 In sub-Saharan Africa, young women are twice as likely to become infected with HIV than their male counterparts. In some areas, young women are more heavily impacted than young men.

Globally, there were 3.2 million children living with HIV in 2013, 240,000 new infections among children, and 190,000 AIDS deaths.
The only thing you are doing here is trying to take the focus off homosexuality. I don't dispute any of your claims even though you didn't back them up. Of course HIV is much worse in countries like Africa. Factors like extreme poverty and poor healthcare magnify the problem. But promiscuous sex is still a root cause for spreading the disease and study after study shows that promiscuous behavior is dominant among gay men. Sex outside of God's design and commandments is dangerous.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:37 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
They could have planned to avoid the issue, but instead they decided to protest by breaking the law.
Which means THEY decided to put their children's financial security at risk. THEY bear the responsibility if their children suffer because of Mom and Dad's business decisions.

Though, they'll probably rake in the donation$$$ playing the "we're persecuted" card.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:40 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Absolutely over the top! The point is to make fundamentalists feel the same anger and frustration that they cause homosexuals with their idiotic suggestions about their "religious freedom" in the commercial world. The current problem is they.lack any empathy for those "evil" people.

My responses are quite calculated and purposeful. Mensaguy and others are doing well at approaching the problem logically. My points are intended to draw out emotions.
You sound like a tent-revival preacher. Or a stereotypical fire-and-brimstone Pentacostal. Just with different politics.

Frankly, I'm fed up with the "God is a republican" and the "God is a democrat" stuff. It's authoritarian and arrogant.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:41 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,333,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
If you read the court document, you'd know that the couple discussed the issue when the State of Washington made SSM legal. They could have planned to avoid the issue, but instead they decided to protest by breaking the law. They brought the controversy on themselves.

I wonder what would have happened if they had put a sign up that said "As a signature of our business, we need the names of the bride and groom to begin processing any order."
Good Point! They tend to "back into it", but the more strident among the Fundie crowd always manage to turn their cause from simply defending themselves from bullying by the most-militant of LGBT's into forcing some point of their doctrine upon everyone else.

My father was a dairy farmer; he had an intellect which would have easily qualified him for college, but graduated high scool in 1942; he served in the military and seldom missed the Sunday morning public-affairs broadcasts. But since he seldom travelled, he had a distorted view of the real makeup of the American public. When discussing civil rights issues, his comment was sometimes "Why should five percent of the country (his mstaken perception of the African-American population; actually twelve percent) have so much say about this?".

This dispartity is the biggest single handicap faced by spiritually-based conservatives, and as evidenced by this week's column from Pat Buchanan regarding the Iowa caucuses, it quickly takes over mouch of the Republican mainstream. The more of them who gather in one place, the more they delude themmselves into thinking that their view is the majority view, and that they can turn it into the only view.

Until they learn the fine art of channeling their concerns into part of a responsible and conservative, but secular coalition. the Religious Right will remain their own worst enemy, and will offend a lot of potential alllies in the process.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 04-28-2015 at 08:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity