Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2015, 12:19 AM

23,653 posts, read 17,426,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It seems you are not accustomed to thinking things through, Janelle. Why would they not make the cake for them? They did not want to facilitate their marriage celebration. Why? Did they think that maybe if they didn't facilitate the celebration they would not go through with it?? Was it placing a stumbling block in their way? Isn't that judging and treating them badly because of what they think is their sin? If that isn't counting their sin against them, what is??? If God isn't doing that why would they??? It may not be as extreme a form of hate, but it is hateful treatment. Is that really what your God wants from you? To treat people badly because of their sin??? Is that how you see yourself being righteous? Isn't being righteous controlling YOUR sinning???How did it become controlling other peoples' sin???
Well since you started out insulting me I really should ignore you but I will try to answer. Are you being hateful, by the way?

For them as Christians gay marriage is not a marriage. Why would they bake a wedding cake if it is not a marriage in their eyes? They would bake a birthday cake or any other cake I suppose, you would need to ask them but they didn't want to support a sham marriage.

I am sure God wants us to treat people kindly but to also deal with them in truth. It may not be your truth but it was their Christian truth. We are instructed to hate the sin but to love the sinner. People can't tell the difference now but a Christian should and most times does know the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2015, 02:57 AM

6,635 posts, read 2,824,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Yes. He does. I witnessed fundie parents disown their own sons during the AIDS crisis. I sat with those men. I talked with them. I listened to them. God required me to be there for them when their own parents were not. God required MANY of us to stick our noses into the family affairs of sick men who had been abandoned by their parents. Sticking our noses into family matters included making sure men who had been abandoned by their fundie parents were given a decent burial when they reached the end of their lives.

Got a problem with that? Tell God.

Had I the chance I'd have told those fundie parents EXACTLY what I thought of them and their version of religion. Got a problem with that? I don't care.
That's tellin' 'em.

Seriously, though ...I couldn't agree with you more!

Old 09-01-2015, 04:25 AM

76,964 posts, read 47,272,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
God requires me to love everyone, even those who do such evil things in the name of their God. That is why I am heartsick if even ONE has engaged in heartless cruelty in the name of God. It would never be wanted by God, ever. Why, if God is not counting our sins against us, would you think He would want YOU or anyone else to do so, Finn????
I am not counting anything. You are. All you ever do is point out faults in other people and accuse them hatred, bigotry, lovelessness, cruelty, heartlessness, etc you name it.

Perhaps you should pay more attention to your own faults rather than faults you see in others.

"You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

Old 09-01-2015, 07:08 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,432,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Yes. He does. I witnessed fundie parents disown their own sons during the AIDS crisis. I sat with those men. I talked with them. I listened to them. God required me to be there for them when their own parents were not. God required MANY of us to stick our noses into the family affairs of sick men who had been abandoned by their parents. Sticking our noses into family matters included making sure men who had been abandoned by their fundie parents were given a decent burial when they reached the end of their lives.

Got a problem with that? Tell God.

Had I the chance I'd have told those fundie parents EXACTLY what I thought of them and their version of religion. Got a problem with that? I don't care.
Yea right ... if they only got their wedding cake then all of that wouldn't have happened.

More than likely what you witnessed is a smaller than small percentage of parents but are using that to excuse your animosity to the greater truth concerning homosexuality that God said: Romans 1:24-32 which ends with;
"Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them."
No one condones what a few misguided parents did, but that doesn't make another wrong ... right.

btw: Anyone who is approving * "those who do such things" * is facing the same righteous decree as those who practice it.

Last edited by twin.spin; 09-01-2015 at 07:16 AM..

Old 09-01-2015, 07:20 AM

24,261 posts, read 14,123,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
We all need to answer to God on how we live our lives. These people are not counting the sins against the gay couple they are concerned on how God will ask them how they lived their lives, simple as that. They did not treat this couple with hate, they just said they could not make their cake. If the couple didn't go to their web site to complain it would have stayed between them and the bakery.
Maybe you need to read the court testimony again. The bakers went on a media tour. The bakers told the mother that her children were abominations. The bakers released the couples personal information to the public which resulted in the couple having threats of their foster children being removed from their home. The couple were well within their rights to report the baker for violating the laws of the state.

It went a lot further than "sorry I won't make a cake for you".

Old 09-01-2015, 07:31 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,075,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am not counting anything. You are. All you ever do is point out faults in other people and accuse them hatred, bigotry, lovelessness, cruelty, heartlessness, etc you name it.

Perhaps you should pay more attention to your own faults rather than faults you see in others.

"You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."
I see the persecution card is still heavily played..

Old 09-01-2015, 07:36 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,075,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Does God require you to stick your nose into family matters of other people?

You read some internet rumor and somehow that authorizes you to judge Christians in general.

This does not mean we turn a "blind eye" to obvious transgressions like PEDOPHILIA, BIGOTRY, OPPRESSION, DISCRIMINATION to name a few.

What, did you rewrite the whole thing, or just the parts that don't suit your needs?

Dr. Burt Stanton, talking about the bible, ---Children of the Corn

Old 09-01-2015, 08:14 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,432,209 times
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber

You read some internet rumor and somehow that authorizes you to judge Christians in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I see the persecution card is still heavily played..
v v v v ............... can't make this stuff up ........ ^ ^ ^ ^
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
This does not mean we turn a "blind eye" to obvious transgressions like PEDOPHILIA, BIGOTRY, OPPRESSION, DISCRIMINATION to name a few.
scoffs at supposedly Finn's but then plays the persecution card.

Old 09-01-2015, 08:41 AM

76,964 posts, read 47,272,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber

v v v v ............... can't make this stuff up ........ ^ ^ ^ ^
scoffs at supposedly Finn's but then plays the persecution card.
Their whole complaint is that they are mistreated by opinions of others, even when an opinion is not an attack.

Unfortunately their defense is to attack Christians, and then mock them for mentioning the attacks.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:36 AM

31,374 posts, read 20,025,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Yea right ... if they only got their wedding cake then all of that wouldn't have happened.

More than likely what you witnessed is a smaller than small percentage of parents but are using that to excuse your animosity to the greater truth concerning homosexuality that God said: Romans 1:24-32 which ends with;
"Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them."
No one condones what a few misguided parents did, but that doesn't make another wrong ... right.

btw: Anyone who is approving * "those who do such things" * is facing the same righteous decree as those who practice it.

More smug, self-righteous idiocy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity