Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2015, 06:57 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You mean instead of running to lawyers to raise a law-suits, people can bake their own cake Interesting idea. Or they could even go to another bakery Hmmmm....

Indeed, that is what I would do if someone didn't want my business.
If you really want to have a Confederate Flag cake for your gay wedding, Finn, I will bake you the cake and you would have to apply the flag decoration. WallyWorld will bake you the cake under the same conditions.

If you insist I put a Confederate Flag on the cake , and go to your lawyer, you will lose. It is that simple.

After you lose, I would still bake you the best tasting cake ever. I would bake you a cake to drown your sorrows. I would not even charge you for the cake, because you would be paying my attorney fees for bringing a frivolous law suit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 07:47 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
You mean instead of running to lawyers to raise a law-suits, people can bake their own cake Interesting idea. Or they could even go to another bakery Hmmmm....
Indeed, that is what I would do if someone didn't want my business.
Face it, Finn. Our God does NOT want a bunch of self-righteous bigots mistreating others because of what they think are their sins. Our God wants us to love one another every day and repent when we don't. What is so difficult to understand about that. You know when you are loving and when you are not. The bakers know when they were loving and when they weren't, especially when they "outed" the couple and endangered their safety and the adoption of their foster child.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 09-08-2015 at 08:22 PM..

Old 09-08-2015, 08:17 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Or they could even go to another bakery Hmmmm....
Which is what the supporters of segregation told black Americans when they wanted to sit at the Woolworth's counter and order a Coke. I'm not a bit surprised you thought of that.

Old 09-08-2015, 09:52 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Which is what the supporters of segregation told black Americans when they wanted to sit at the Woolworth's counter and order a Coke. I'm not a bit surprised you thought of that.
Neither would anyone familiar with his posts.

Old 09-08-2015, 11:04 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Rather than imagine what someone would say,why not ask? Here, let me help you.

Would you object if WallyWorld did not bake a Confederated Flag cake for a gay wedding?

The answer is this. If WallyWorld sold Confederate Flag cakes for any wedding, they would have to do it for all weddings.

WallyWorld does not make Confederate Flag Cakes for any customer. The item was discontinued
Why was it discontinued?

Old 09-08-2015, 11:07 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Any poster wishing to have a Confederate Flag cake for their event. Here is what you do;

1. Purchase an edible ink printer. Do no use your home printer with edible ink.
  2. Purchase edible paper sheets, aka frosting sheets.
  3. Print your Flag.
  4. Place on cake.
This is a Public Service announcement for those bereft they can no longer purchase Confederate Flag cakes at WallyWorld.

Love,
Ronkonkoma Native
Would people who want a rainbow flag need to do the same thing if that flag was banned?

Old 09-09-2015, 05:19 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Why was it discontinued?
Walmart decided that the Confederate Battle Flag was seen as hateful and offensive by a large enough segment of the population that they removed all items with that image from sale in their stores and on their web site.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:21 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
If you really want to have a Confederate Flag cake for your gay wedding, Finn,
It's funny how you twist and pervert everything other posters say in order to misrepresent what they said.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Walmart decided that the Confederate Battle Flag was seen as hateful and offensive by a large enough segment of the population that they removed all items with that image from sale in their stores and on their web site.
Isn't it nice that they had the legal right to refuse to bake the cake when it contradicted with their views?

Old 09-09-2015, 07:31 AM

Quote:
DewDropInn: Which is what the supporters of segregation told black Americans when they wanted to sit at the Woolworth's counter and order a Coke. I'm not a bit surprised you thought of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Neither would anyone familiar with his posts.
Nope. You need to go back and see who came up with the "you can bake your own cake" idea and spit your venom on her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity