Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 05:15 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
That is true and with the death of Jesus it was stopped. He was the final sacrifice for us all.
There never was any human sacrifices to G-d, He abhors it, so how could Jesus be the final one?...There wasn't even a first one...So, if G-d abhors human sacrifice, and Jesus was a human sacrifice...How can you connect the dots on that one?...

31 You shall not worship the Lord your God in that way, for every abominable thing that the Lord hates they have done for their gods, for they even burn their sons and their daughters in the fire to their gods.

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer. \

6 And he burned his son as an offering and used fortune-telling and omens and dealt with mediums and with necromancers. He did much evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2015, 05:58 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
What was Jesus' purpose for going to Gethsemane the night Judas betrayed Him? Was it solely to pray to see if there was some way He could get out of being crucified or was there more to it than that?
The text says he prayed. I'd go with that. Of course, he was also arrested there.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:00 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
There never was any human sacrifices to G-d, He abhors it, so how could Jesus be the final one?...There wasn't even a first one...So, if G-d abhors human sacrifice, and Jesus was a human sacrifice...How can you connect the dots on that one?...
What do you think all that stuff with Abraham and Isaac was about? It was a type of what was to come. Abraham gave his son...God gave HIS son.
Quote:

31 You shall not worship the Lord your God in that way, for every abominable thing that the Lord hates they have done for their gods, for they even burn their sons and their daughters in the fire to their gods.

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer. \

6 And he burned his son as an offering and used fortune-telling and omens and dealt with mediums and with necromancers. He did much evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger.
God himself chose to step out of Heaven and he gave his life willingly. This isn't us choosing to sacrifice a baby.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:26 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
G-d abhors human sacrifice...Period...How do you get around that one?...Beings Jesus was a human sacrifice...
God requires a perfect sacrifice for sin, thus Jesus said ... " The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep."

Jesus also said:
"I lay down my life—only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again."
God demanded a lamb unblemished for the sacrifice of sins of the people in the OT ---> Jesus is "the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world"

Quote:
Also...One man shall not die for another man's sins...Each man shall stand for his own sin...How do you get round that one?...
Isaiah 53:4-7, 10

Quote:
Jesus is not G-d...He said so himself...
‘For this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I myself will search for my sheep and look after them.
As a shepherd looks after his scattered flock when he is with them, so will I look after my sheep.' "
Ezekiel 34:11-12

Jesus said he was God by saying this, thus fulfilling Ezekiel 34:11-12:
I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep."
I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”
" My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me."
just to make sure they got the point, when Jesus finished with these two:
1) "I and the Father are one.”
2) “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was, I am!”
they understood exactly what Jesus claimed, for their reaction appears to be the same as yours when they replied:
1 Reply to "I and the Father are one.” )
“We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied,
“but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”
2 reply via action to “before Abraham was, I am!” )
"At this, they picked up stones to stone him,"

Old 04-26-2015, 10:44 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Abraham gave his son...God gave HIS son.
In other words, God does things after mankind sets the stage?

Old 04-27-2015, 12:41 AM

63,811 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
What do you think all that stuff with Abraham and Isaac was about? It was a type of what was to come. Abraham gave his son...God gave HIS son.
Abraham was a test to see if Abraham had the self-control to go against his own self-interest. Self-control is the main characteristic in us that is vital to achieving our purpose. Abraham demonstrated he had it and God was pleased. That is why He said Abraham's seed would be a blessing for mankind. It has nothing to do with presaging that horrendous and barbarous scourging and crucifixion our savage ancestors inflicted on Jesus! How the narrative became so completely preposterous is beyond me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity