U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 10:20 PM

4,221 posts, read 1,969,541 times

Advertisements

Jesus said; "As the Father has loved me so I have loved you."

So how did the Father love Him?

He said; John 17:26 "I have revealed your name to them that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in them."

So, Jesus being the word of God will be in them, this is how God loved Him by giving Him life, the truth and word of God. This is how he loves his followers, giving them the word of God and life. Because God's word is life. This is how to love your neighbor, give them life for without it they are dead.

John 5:19 Jesus said to them, "Very truly, I tell you, the Son can do nothing on his own, but only what he sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, the Son does likewise.
20 The Father loves the Son and whatever he does He shows him; and he will show him greater works than these, so that you will be astonished.
21 Indeed, just as the Father raises the dead and gives life, so also the Son gives life to whomever he wishes.

John 15:15 "I no longer call you slaves for a slave doesn't know what His master is about. Instead I call you friends since I have made known to you all that I heard from the Father."

Do you think Jesus loved others by telling them the word of God or by being a nice person?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 11:00 PM

17,844 posts, read 8,918,122 times
He was the faithful witness, who represented the love of God.

Old 04-29-2015, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
He was the faithful witness, who represented the love of God.
He sent His followers as He was sent same words and glory.

John 17:6 "I have made your name known to those whom you gave me from the world. They were yours, and you gave them to me, and they have kept your word.
7 Now they know that everything you have given me is from you;
8 for the words that you gave to me I have given to them, and they have received them and know in truth that I came from you; and they have believed that you sent me.

17 Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.
18 As you have sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world.

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, so that they also may be sanctified in truth.
20 "I ask not only on behalf of these, but also on behalf of those who will believe in me through their word,
21 that they may all be one. As you, Father, are in me and I am in you, may they also be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
22 The glory that you have given me I have given them, so that they may be one, as we are one,
23 I in them and you in me, that they may become completed in perfection as one,
so that the world may know that you have sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:17 AM

17,844 posts, read 8,918,122 times
You have to live it, not quote it.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:31 AM

37,606 posts, read 25,300,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
He sent His followers as He was sent same words and glory.
John 17:6 "I have made your name known to those whom you gave me from the world. They were yours, and you gave them to me, and they have kept your word.
7 Now they know that everything you have given me is from you;
8 for the words that you gave to me I have given to them, and they have received them and know in truth that I came from you; and they have believed that you sent me.
17 Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.
18 As you have sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world.

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, so that they also may be sanctified in truth.
20 "I ask not only on behalf of these, but also on behalf of those who will believe in me through their word,
21 that they may all be one. As you, Father, are in me and I am in you, may they also be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
22 The glory that you have given me I have given them, so that they may be one, as we are one,
23 I in them and you in me, that they may become completed in perfection as one,
so that the world may know that you have sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.
Quote:
It is sad that Peacegiver thinks that we are here to "talk the talk" instead of "walking the walk." Of course that is not his major delusion.

Old 04-30-2015, 04:01 AM

20,610 posts, read 22,789,263 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is sad that Peacegiver thinks that we are here to "talk the talk" instead of "walking the walk." Of course that is not his major delusion.
Wouldn't it make a great DIALOGUE if they stopped slinging scripture and actually said what they believe and WHY?

When it was written to be prepared to give an answer, I really seriously DOUBT they meant SLING AS MUCH SCRIPTURE AS POSSIBLE and BAFFLE THEM WITH VERSES>>

Old 04-30-2015, 04:03 AM

20,610 posts, read 22,789,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Jesus said; "As the Father has loved me so I have loved you."

So how did the Father love Him?

He said; John 17:26 "I have revealed your name to them that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in them."

So, Jesus being the word of God will be in them, this is how God loved Him by giving Him life, the truth and word of God. This is how he loves his followers, giving them the word of God and life. Because God's word is life. This is how to love your neighbor, give them life for without it they are dead.

John 5:19 Jesus said to them, "Very truly, I tell you, the Son can do nothing on his own, but only what he sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, the Son does likewise.
20 The Father loves the Son and whatever he does He shows him; and he will show him greater works than these, so that you will be astonished.
21 Indeed, just as the Father raises the dead and gives life, so also the Son gives life to whomever he wishes.

John 15:15 "I no longer call you slaves for a slave doesn't know what His master is about. Instead I call you friends since I have made known to you all that I heard from the Father."

Do you think Jesus loved others by telling them the word of God or by being a nice person?
I sincerely BELIEVE Jesus wrapped everyone he met in LOVE and told them to take that love into the world and by doing so, sinning would become so much harder and would no longer be an OBSESSION.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:21 PM

37,606 posts, read 25,300,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I sincerely BELIEVE Jesus wrapped everyone he met in LOVE and told them to take that love into the world and by doing so, sinning would become so much harder and would no longer be an OBSESSION.
Amen! Well said!

Old 04-30-2015, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Wrong. You do not understand because you do not follow. The follower understands,

Old 04-30-2015, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Talking the talk as you say is what Jesus did. The scriptures say it but you are stuck on your own glory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or