Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-20-2015, 11:26 PM
 
867 posts, read 904,822 times
Reputation: 820

Advertisements

We all lament how religion without immigration is in slight decline here in the United States. However, would you rather the case that Christianity was declining BECAUSE people were converting to Islam and Judaism? Or alternatively would you like to live in a Muslim or Jewish Nation if you can't live in a Christian one? I mean we can always be a Christian derived country but impose Sharia and the Talmud and would you want to live in that?

God works in mysterious ways; the fact that people are choosing to be nothing something wrong makes all the more sense to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-21-2015, 04:03 AM
 
Location: On the brink of WWIII
21,088 posts, read 29,060,377 times
Reputation: 7812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post
We all lament how religion without immigration is in slight decline here in the United States. However, would you rather the case that Christianity was declining BECAUSE people were converting to Islam and Judaism? Or alternatively would you like to live in a Muslim or Jewish Nation if you can't live in a Christian one? I mean we can always be a Christian derived country but impose Sharia and the Talmud and would you want to live in that?

God works in mysterious ways; the fact that people are choosing to be nothing something wrong makes all the more sense to me.
We are headed for Christian Sharia Law, so what difference is there between any religious law that becomes the standard? NOTHING> There is NO such thing as GOOD RELIGIOUS law imposed on the masses.

Think about the period in America from 1620 through 1680s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2015, 08:56 AM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
17,071 posts, read 10,824,345 times
Reputation: 1869
I'd say we are headed further away from Christian sharia law, and that's a good thing. Once reaction to what so many Christians have made it in that regard is no longer a factor for rejecting Christianity, maybe we will have a fresh look at the real message!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2015, 09:17 AM
 
Location: On the brink of WWIII
21,088 posts, read 29,060,377 times
Reputation: 7812
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I'd say we are headed further away from Christian sharia law, and that's a good thing. Once reaction to what so many Christians have made it in that regard is no longer a factor for rejecting Christianity, maybe we will have a fresh look at the real message!
I really hope you are right. But the more hear some idiots talk (Hucklebee, Bush III, Dobson, Cruz, and company) I fear we may see biblical law imposed on all living creatures here in America.

Just look at the recent legislation both in DC and at the state level..welfare folks cannot but BEEF or seafood? Is that logical??

I am afraid, VERY AFRAID.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2015, 09:22 AM
 
Location: USA
18,423 posts, read 9,048,002 times
Reputation: 8462
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
We are headed for Christian Sharia Law, so what difference is there between any religious law that becomes the standard? NOTHING> There is NO such thing as GOOD RELIGIOUS law imposed on the masses.

Think about the period in America from 1620 through 1680s.
That period was the Golden Age of America, according to the Religious Right. They long to return to that idealized past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2015, 10:28 AM
 
Location: Home is Where You Park It
23,856 posts, read 13,621,889 times
Reputation: 15476
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I really hope you are right. But the more hear some idiots talk (Hucklebee, Bush III, Dobson, Cruz, and company) I fear we may see biblical law imposed on all living creatures here in America.

Just look at the recent legislation both in DC and at the state level..welfare folks cannot but BEEF or seafood? Is that logical??

I am afraid, VERY AFRAID.
I don't notice that the crowd you mention are getting that much traction. And when you look at the long arc, it is apparent that religiosity has been decreasing for quite a long time. I think what we are seeing is the desperation of religious zealots who know they are losing their grip, so they increase the volume of their demands.

I don't think they are a cause for fear, but I do think they are cause for vigilance. And there is nothing new about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2015, 10:39 AM
 
Location: On the brink of WWIII
21,088 posts, read 29,060,377 times
Reputation: 7812
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I don't notice that the crowd you mention are getting that much traction. And when you look at the long arc, it is apparent that religiosity has been decreasing for quite a long time. I think what we are seeing is the desperation of religious zealots who know they are losing their grip, so they increase the volume of their demands.

I don't think they are a cause for fear, but I do think they are cause for vigilance. And there is nothing new about that.
Here in the county I live in, as long as you preface what you say with a bible verse or saying IT BE GOD'S WILL, you can pretty much get the community to do what ever you want in the way of limiting choices or kicking the least of these to the curb.

In fact, the Canadian born son of Cuban immigrants is coming here next week for a meet and greet $60 dinner only and $150 VIP...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2015, 11:44 AM
 
18,172 posts, read 16,254,548 times
Reputation: 9325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post
We all lament how religion without immigration is in slight decline here in the United States. However, would you rather the case that Christianity was declining BECAUSE people were converting to Islam and Judaism? Or alternatively would you like to live in a Muslim or Jewish Nation if you can't live in a Christian one? I mean we can always be a Christian derived country but impose Sharia and the Talmud and would you want to live in that?

God works in mysterious ways; the fact that people are choosing to be nothing something wrong makes all the more sense to me.
Real Christianity is always a small minority. Weed filled Churches will decline and ...... so what. They are doomed in any event.

Now it is better to have a measure of freedom than none, but Real Christians live in all lands and obey God. Usually those with persecution are better at being believers than those who live in freer lands, so ... here in the good ole USA we actually have tougher time being faithful. Which is why we have so many valid complaints about "christian" activism, etc. They serve Satan's goals by turning people away. Remember weeds push out and kill wheat in a field where they are allowed to grow and make the field look bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top