Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 06:46 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I understand your clarification of your position. It is encouraging.
Good. We agree. Perhaps it was more strongly worded than I intended. My experience is they typically know the difference but have no interest or desire to even engage the speculations seeing no practical relevance in them. Although many simply see the artificial constructs as models of quantitative representations of processes and phenomena, NOT as indicators of any underlying composition of reality.The geometry of spacetime is fraught with complications that arise from the very nature of our thoughts and the quantum formation time that underpins our delayed experience of our "instantaneous awareness" that creates the phenomena of spacetime. We can touch on that later. It is true that multidimensional speculations provide the advantage of increasing degrees of freedom to represent reality, but I am a lover of a four-dimensional world or as Minkowski called it, "Die vierdimenionsale velt." Once we start speculating beyond those dimensions almost anything can be represented. String theory has the vibratory nature of reality down, but they create a virtual impossibility to ever empirically test their formulations. We can only really measure in four dimensions. Yes, they are complementary representations that reveal that our underlying reality is actually nothing more than vibratory manifestations of a field. This, along with quantum mechanics, seems to suggest that particles are simply events we measure and NOT actual material substance existing through time. This has unsettling implications for our macro experiences as well. It would seem even we are merely vibratory events existing as some manner of aggregate spherical standing waveforms whose "permanence" is illusory. I am pleased that we do seem to be on a similar wavelength, to egregiously punish a pun.
I agree, but that is ancillary to the point I wanted to make using them as indices of the composition of our reality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellmckain View Post
But that just means that they are interested in science rather than philosophy or religion. Why should they necessarily be interested in what you are interested. I mean there are likewise people into philosophy or religion whose flee before the mention of mathematical equations. Or at least... that should be all it means. I admit there are also those (atheists basically) who have decided to limit knowledge and reality to the findings of science alone. In that case they are like religious fundies who refuse to consider anything outside what they have decided is true.
Agree.
Quote:
There are no such complications in the sciences. Nor do I personally see any such complications philosophically or religiously. This suggest the problems you mention are entirely within your own system of philosophical and religious thought, and for me that would be a detractor.
Furthermore... and this is what is really puzzling about your statement. You can have geometry without fields but not fields without geometry.
This indicates that we have a lot to resolve before we are truly on the same page, though I am optimistic that we can achieve that. We are taking this thread too far off topic to continue here. Perhaps we can introduce another thread where we can discuss these ideas.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 06-16-2016 at 07:43 PM..

Old 06-16-2016, 07:31 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
Whatever is there, like the fields, regardless of how we discover them.
The universe may know how it operates and we are trying to figure that out.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:10 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
"encoded information", … I see it exactly the same way. We are a processor in a larger processor.
A Matrix that is nothing more than a computer program within a program?
Designed by a controller, which humanity has labelled as GOD ALMIGHTY?

I suppose there are infinite possibilities, given the imaginations of MEN.
So, how many humans can fit in a 1,500 mile cube, if they are assimilated?

Factor in an area of approximately 2.3 feet x 2.3 feet x 6.66 feet per person.
Perhaps, the New Jerusalem is merely a meeting place, or Messianic capital?

After all, we still have the unknown regions of space lurking out there.

Last edited by Jerwade; 06-16-2016 at 08:22 PM..

Old 06-17-2016, 09:13 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
A Matrix that is nothing more than a computer program within a program?
Designed by a controller, which humanity has labelled as GOD ALMIGHTY?

So, how many humans can fit in a 1,500 mile cube, if they are assimilated?

Factor in an area of approximately 2.3 feet x 2.3 feet x 6.66 feet per person.
Perhaps, the New Jerusalem is merely a meeting place, or Messianic capital?

After all, we still have the unknown regions of space lurking out there.
yes, like the matrix. I never "loved" the matrix because some of the engineering was just nonsensical. Like you are telling me that those machine couldn't make a simple atmosphere? But, I have to remember it was just a made up story. So, now, I enjoy it like I enjoy sponge bob.

There is not an "infinite number of possibilities" in "our universe". To claim that; is wrong.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:41 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
There is not an "infinite number of possibilities" in "our universe". To claim that; is wrong.
We can only imagine, beyond that which we are yet to comprehend.

Old 06-19-2016, 06:31 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
So there must be "serving" as evidence of being saved?

What serving does the homeless person do?

What serving does the hungry person do?

What serving does the oppressed do?

What serving does the marginalized do?

What serving does anyone do when survival is all they see?

Narrow is the road and NARROWER is the heart and soul of those who would presume tyo judge and speak for teh God of LOVE, MERCY, and JUSTICE.

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Did I say that? No.
why, now that you ask, YES YOU DID SAY THAT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If everyone is saved as universalism claims, then everyone would be serving. Is everyone serving?

No.

"Saved for works" is something Christians teach, and happens as a result of spiritual rebirth when the "the old has gone, the new is here!". The Bible teaches that salvation brings change and that the Spirit inspires saved people to serve. If everyone has been saved since birth, then when would this change occur? When did it occur for Hitler? It didn't.

BUT the cultists' PROBLEM is they BELIEVE what THEY TEACH and SERIOUS BELIEVE WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES and they REFUSE to ACCEPT what JESUS TEACHES..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity