Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 02:09 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,432,219 times

Advertisements

Contextually this most likely has to do with commerce and trade in the late '90's AD. During this time Domitian decreed the citizens of the empire to worship him as lord and god. Of course this was against the Christian faith because that was Christ's title, and in places like central marketplaces such as the Agora, it was commonplace for merchants to pay homage to the gods prior to trading. Instead of simply offering reverence to these deities, people were obliged to submit themselves to Domitian as the son of god before conducting business. This is most likely John warning his readers, the 7 churches located in an area that was saturated with this kind of cultic worship, to not engage in this practice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 02:57 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,203,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Town Crier View Post
Zhat... Your 'opportunity' is available right now. But you resist the truth to your eternal hurt. God is longsuffering and is not willing that any should perish-but He will not be longsuffering forever. One day He will burn the earth and everything in it. This temporary world must end at some point so that the eternal one can begin... When that day comes, you can be spared by doing something that seems foolish; follow Jesus.

Why wait? Today is the day of salvation...

TC
And you know if I am or am not following based on??

Old 06-03-2015, 04:16 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,565,709 times
we will wear the same clothes. carry the same flags, and use the same words. The truth will be known when the killing starts. Those who have eaten the apple as god will be opposed by those who have bitten in to clean their teeth.

Old 06-03-2015, 08:19 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,910,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Get real. Obviously it's because you are questioning his drivellllllllllllll uh, dogma.

Old 06-03-2015, 08:28 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,485,555 times
Quote:
via the Bible which is God's Word as Jesus said:
"By their fruits you will recognize them"
and your posts identify your fruits ... thus The Town Crier reply "But you resist the truth to your eternal hurt."

Old 06-03-2015, 08:30 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,203,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Get real. Obviously it's because you are questioning his drivellllllllllllll uh, dogma.
SRY....I was kind of hoping for a well rounded and rational answer? perhaps something like he receives an email with all the names of people who were not on the exclusive authorized SALVATION list and that was where he found my name..

maybe next time God will send him a PM via city-data?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
via the Bible which is God's Word as Jesus said:
"By their fruits you will recognize them"
and your posts identify your fruits ... thus The Town Crier reply "But you resist the truth to your eternal hurt."

Just because you dislike the fruit I have, doesn't mean it is any less relavant than the ones you are attempting to sell the public.

Besides, my fruits are well developed, firm and delicious to the taste budz of the tongue...YUM....

Old 06-03-2015, 08:54 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,485,555 times
Quote:

Just because you dislike the fruit I have, doesn't mean it is any less relavant than the ones you are attempting to sell the public.

Besides, my fruits are well developed, firm and delicious to the taste budz of the tongue...YUM....
you wanted to know on what Crier based it on ... and your posts \ OP's clearly reject that bases which indicates what kind of fruit tree we're dealing with when it comes to your replies.

Old 06-03-2015, 10:22 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,910,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
you wanted to know on what Crier based it on ... and your posts \ OP's clearly reject that bases which indicates what kind of fruit tree we're dealing with when it comes to your replies.
In other words, the same thing I said from the other side of the coin.

Old 06-03-2015, 01:09 PM

125 posts, read 91,707 times
I believe it is already present in the world. The Mark of the Jizya was required to be able to buy and sell for anyone who was not a Muslim. ISIS is enforcing this again. You have two choices when confronted by Islam.

1. Convert and deny Christ or any other religion.
2. Pay the Jizya which is essentially the same as bowing down to Islam.

There is even a mark for it and a precedence.

1815 Jews of Mogador who paid the tax were stamped on the forehead.

The right hand is the most important to Muslims. The left is for impure tasks.

Here is the command from the Quran:

Quote:
Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.
Qur'an, [Quran 9:29]
When you take the mark of Jizya and pay the tax you are submitting to Islamic authority. Islam, in their own Quran, denies that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. So you are in enmity with God when you submit to Islam. No man can serve two masters.

I'm not sure of the exact reference to 666 however it is probably no coincidence that Muslims worship on the 6th day of the week, believe in 6 articles of faith, and have 6 volumes of the sayings of Muhammad called the Hadith.

Also, note that the mark comes from the 2nd beast, not the first.

Quote:
Revelation 13
The Beast out of the Earth

11Then I saw a second beast, coming out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon. 12 It exercised all the authority of the first beast on its behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed. 13 And it performed great signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to the earth in full view of the people. 14 Because of the signs it was given power to perform on behalf of the first beast, it deceived the inhabitants of the earth. It ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. 15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.
18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666
Now for the False Prophet.

Quote:
Revelation 19
19 Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage war against the rider on the horse and his army. 20 But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. 21 The rest were killed with the sword coming out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh.
The Second beast has 2 horns (horns signify powers as we learned from Daniel). There are two main factions in Islam. The Sharia and the Sunni. Two horns. The second beast has the appearance of a lamb (peaceful religion) yet it speaks like the dragon (war and violence). Can there be another entity in the world that is a better description than Islam? They're always telling us they're a peaceful people yet their Quran and their actions say otherwise. Of course lately, they aren't even bothering to try to appear as peaceful. Iran is quite boastful with their supreme leader saying "of course, death to America."

As for the False Prophet? It's Muhammad!

Old 06-03-2015, 01:16 PM

4,103 posts, read 5,422,397 times
The Mark of the Beast is actually genital herpes. There. Mystery solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity