Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2018, 01:56 AM

998 posts, read 434,508 times

Advertisements

The session has already been translated to English. It is in Sermon 009 - The Holy Spirit Explains John 1:1 . Your comments, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2018, 02:43 AM

32,530 posts, read 21,941,988 times
Why do you continue to promote your website?...

Old 01-21-2018, 02:46 AM

9,677 posts, read 9,971,995 times
Don`t not say anything in John 1:1 about any spirit of AMA ............. The only scriptures in the bible are Exodus 3:14 ..... `and God said to Moses I AM who that I AM .....and God said This is what you say to the children of Israel , I AM has sent me to you ................................ The other verse is Jesus saying from John 11:25........``.I AM the resurrection , and the life . The one who believe in me even if he dies will live ``.................... See these are the only scriptures which I AM is called God with even Jesus calling Him self I AM ...... So then is people reject the name of Jesus or translated names of Jesus than there is no power from Christ because of false teaching , so make sure Holy Spirit recognizes the name I AM as Jesus so there is No confusion

Old 01-21-2018, 02:53 AM

32,530 posts, read 21,941,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Don`t not say anything in John 1:1 about any spirit of AMA ............. The only scriptures in the bible are Exodus 3:14 ..... `and God said to Moses I AM who that I AM .....and God said This is what you say to the children of Israel , I AM has sent me to you ................................ The other verse is Jesus saying from John 11:25........``.I AM the resurrection , and the life . The one who believe in me even if he dies will live ``.................... See these are the only scriptures which I AM is called God with even Jesus calling Him self I AM ...... So then is people reject the name of Jesus or translated names of Jesus than there is no power from Christ because of false teaching , so make sure Holy Spirit recognizes the name I AM as Jesus so there is No confusion
Ehyeh asher Ehyeh means "I will be what I will be"...The "I Am" translation is another [deliberate?] attempt of the Christians to edit our Hebrew bible to conform with their New Testament...

Old 01-21-2018, 05:07 PM

33,059 posts, read 26,267,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Ehyeh asher Ehyeh means "I will be what I will be"...The "I Am" translation is another [deliberate?] attempt of the Christians to edit our Hebrew bible to conform with their New Testament...
Actually, that's a matter of debate. Furthermore, the Jewish translators who translated the Hebrew into Greek in the Septuagint translated Exodus 3:14 as ἐγώ εἰμι ὁ ὤν - ''I am the Being.''

Exodus 3:14 14 καὶ εἶπεν ὁ Θεὸς πρὸς Μωυσῆν λέγων· ἐγώ εἰμι ὁ ὤν. καὶ εἶπεν· οὕτως ἐρεῖς τοῖς υἱοῖς ᾿Ισραήλ· ὁ ὢν ἀπέσταλκέ με πρὸς ὑμᾶς.

Exodus 3:14 14 And God spoke to Moses, saying, I am THE BEING; and he said, Thus shall ye say to the children of Israel, THE BEING has sent me to you.

https://www.ellopos.net/elpenor/gree...?book=2&page=3

As for the issue of 'editing,' your own Tanach which is none other than the Masoretic text which was compiled by the Masoretes between the 7th and 10th centuries AD, has itself been edited. For example, in Exodus 32:8 the Tanach or Masoretic text reads as follows;
Deut. 32:8 When the Most High gave nations their lot, when He separated the sons of man, He set up the boundaries of peoples according to the number of the children of Israel.
The Tanach or Masoretic text differs from both the Septuagint and the Dead Sea Scrolls in this passage.

The Septuagint reads;
Deut. 32:8 When the Most High divided the nations, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the bounds of the nations according to the number of the angels of God.

The Dead Sea Scroll of Deuteronomy 32:8 reads'
Deut. 32:8 When [the Most High] gave [to the nations] their inherit[ance, when] he separated [humankind, he set the bounds of the peoples according to the number of] the children of God.
So we have both the Septuagint and the Dead Sea Scrolls, both of which are older than the Masoretic text, agreeing that the reading is 'Sons or children of God' while the Tanach or Masoretic text reads 'children of Israel.'

Experts agree that the correct reading is 'sons of God' rather than 'children of Israel' as the Tanach has it.

Here is another example, also in Deuteronomy 32 in which the Tanach is different from both the Septuagint.

The Tanach;
Deut. 32:43 Sing out praise, O you nations, for His people! For He will avenge the blood of His servants, inflict revenge upon His adversaries, and appease His land [and] His people.
The Septuagint;
Deut. 32:43 Rejoice, ye heavens, with him, and let all the angels of God worship him; rejoice ye Gentiles, with his people, and let all the sons of God strengthen themselves in him; for he will avenge the blood of his sons, and he will render vengeance, and recompense justice to his enemies, and will reward them that hate him; and the Lord shall purge the land of his people.
The Tanach leaves out the part about the angels of God worshiping him.

All present day texts, both Hebrew (Tanach) and Greek texts have their share of editing.

Old 01-21-2018, 06:47 PM

998 posts, read 434,508 times
The spirit of Ama said that we (plural) should read the King James Version of the Holy Bible because it is "nearer the truth" (than other versions). Also, He recommended that we read "Awit at Salaysay ng Pasiong Mahal ni Hesukristong Panginoon Natin" (Song and Narration of the Holy Passion of our Lord Jesus Christ) or "Pasiong Mahal" or "Pasyon".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity