U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 05:49 PM

234 posts, read 145,198 times

Advertisements

The 'mark' of the beast in Revelation is a charagma... which is a 'badge of servitude'.

It is not a physical mark. You will be 'marked' in your forehead and on your hand-by who you serve... The mark of the beast will be just like the mark of the Lord; On your right hand and in your forehead:

Deu 11:18 Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes.

Act 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:

Gal 6:17 From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.

Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Those who serve God have His 'mark'... Not physically, but in their very nature and character -in their thought and actions and in who they serve. You cannot have two masters...

Mat 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

'Mammon' is personal wealth... How do you become a 'servant' to your personal wealth?

Pro 22:7 The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.

If you have mortgages, car payments, credit cards, and participate in the usury/surety tools of the financial institutions as well as use Government programs (Caesar), you serve lenders and rely upon Caesar and thus cannot be serving God
according to Scripture. Most people are doing just that today because of their covetous, idolatrous, unfaithful lifestyles-they seek material wealth and and trust in Governments to provide for them. Jesus called out those who made Caesar their 'King' and placed their trust in the unrighteous mammon. He was not talking about taxes... He was telling them to choose between God and Caesar. He was telling them decide who they were going to serve and obey-and they chose Caesar:

Joh 11:48 If we let him thus alone, all men will believe on him: and the Romans shall come and take away both our place and nation.

Luk 23:2 And they began to accuse him, saying, We found this fellow perverting the nation, and forbidding to give tribute to Caesar, saying that he himself is Christ a King.

Joh 19:15 But they cried out, Away with him, away with him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King? The chief priests answered, We have no king but Caesar.

They chose Caesar and rejected Jesus as their king. He had called them out because they were unfaithful to God in the unrighteous mammon:

Luk 16:11 If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?

Luk 16:13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
Luk 16:14 And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things: and they derided him.

Just like the Pharisees did, most 'Christians' today are being unfaithful. They have put their trust in the unrighteous mammon and made Caesar their king. Those who are making payments to gain 'personal wealth' and rely on government for their needs and safety are indeed servants to mammon and Caesar is their king:

Jer 17:5 Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

Those who serve God will not be in bondage to lenders and reliant on Government to take care of them... They will have put their faith in God by following and obeying Jesus Christ-and thus will receive His mark.

Who do you serve, and to whom have you put your trust in...

TC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2015, 06:04 PM

1,560 posts, read 1,726,648 times
"The mark of the beast." Heh. I never heard that phrase until I was well into my 30s.

Old 06-02-2015, 07:18 PM

20,295 posts, read 22,299,082 times
Physical? Probably more of a credit card or credit worthiness. And it will be more like mark of CITIBANK or WELLS FARGO.

Old 06-02-2015, 07:20 PM

25,592 posts, read 13,508,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Town Crier View Post
The 'mark' of the beast in Revelation is a charagma... which is a 'badge of servitude'.

It is not a physical mark. You will be 'marked' in your forehead and on your hand-by who you serve... The mark of the beast will be just like the mark of the Lord; On your right hand and in your forehead:
Ya just discovered this?...

Old 06-02-2015, 07:31 PM

15,672 posts, read 8,823,651 times
Quote:

Deu 11:18 Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes.

Act 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:

Gal 6:17 From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.

Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Those who serve God have His 'mark'... Not physically, but in their very nature and character -in their thought and actions and in who they serve. You cannot have two masters...

Mat 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

'Mammon' is personal wealth... How do you become a 'servant' to your personal wealth?

Pro 22:7 The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.

If you have mortgages, car payments, credit cards, and participate in the usury/surety tools of the financial institutions as well as use Government programs (Caesar), you serve lenders and rely upon Caesar and thus cannot be serving God
according to Scripture. Most people are doing just that today because of their covetous, idolatrous, unfaithful lifestyles-they seek material wealth and and trust in Governments to provide for them. Jesus called out those who made Caesar their 'King' and placed their trust in the unrighteous mammon. He was not talking about taxes... He was telling them to choose between God and Caesar. He was telling them decide who they were going to serve and obey-and they chose Caesar:

Joh 11:48 If we let him thus alone, all men will believe on him: and the Romans shall come and take away both our place and nation.

Luk 23:2 And they began to accuse him, saying, We found this fellow perverting the nation, and forbidding to give tribute to Caesar, saying that he himself is Christ a King.

Joh 19:15 But they cried out, Away with him, away with him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King? The chief priests answered, We have no king but Caesar.

They chose Caesar and rejected Jesus as their king. He had called them out because they were unfaithful to God in the unrighteous mammon:

Luk 16:11 If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?

Luk 16:13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
Luk 16:14 And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things: and they derided him.

Just like the Pharisees did, most 'Christians' today are being unfaithful. They have put their trust in the unrighteous mammon and made Caesar their king. Those who are making payments to gain 'personal wealth' and rely on government for their needs and safety are indeed servants to mammon and Caesar is their king:

Jer 17:5 Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

Those who serve God will not be in bondage to lenders and reliant on Government to take care of them... They will have put their faith in God by following and obeying Jesus Christ-and thus will receive His mark.

TC
You got it, but many think it is a real "mark" of some kind and ..... they will wear it and not know it.

Old 06-02-2015, 07:39 PM

20,295 posts, read 22,299,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
You got it, but many think it is a real "mark" of some kind and ..... they will wear it and not know it.
If as the story goes, we have the opportunity to reject the "mark." won't we know it?

Old 06-02-2015, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
They already are wearing it Expat... They already serve money and not God. They worship their 'credit score' and are in servitude to lenders with that three digit number... They are indeed rendering to Caesar what is God's. Their money goes to storing earthly treasure instead of Heavenly treasure-because of the lusts of the flesh and the pride of life:

1Jn 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Col 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
Col 3:6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:

Psa 73:12 Behold, these are the ungodly, who prosper in the world; they increase in riches.

Psa 52:7 Lo, this is the man that made not God his strength; but trusted in the abundance of his riches, and strengthened himself in his wickedness.

Mar 4:18 And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word,
Mar 4:19 And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.

Yes, people are already wearing their 'badge of servitude'... They just don't know it, because they lack knowledge of God. Satan has convinced people it will be some kind of stamp or tattoo, or electronic device/implant-when it is nothing of the sort...

Who you have placed your trust in, and are in servitude to is who's 'mark' you have upon you...

Heb 12:28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

2Co 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Most do not have 'grace' (the power of Christ) upon them-because they have never repented. Moreover, they bought into the lie of 'unmerited favor' rather than trust and obedience (true faith). Those who trust and obey God have grace upon them, and are able to serve Him acceptably-the rest are still 'rendering to Caesar' and thus have the wrath of God abiding upon them...

TC

Old 06-02-2015, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
If as the story goes, we have the opportunity to reject the "mark." won't we know it?
Zhat... Your 'opportunity' is available right now. But you resist the truth to your eternal hurt. God is longsuffering and is not willing that any should perish-but He will not be longsuffering forever. One day He will burn the earth and everything in it. This temporary world must end at some point so that the eternal one can begin... When that day comes, you can be spared by doing something that seems foolish; follow Jesus.

Why wait? Today is the day of salvation...

TC

Old 06-02-2015, 10:24 PM

19,974 posts, read 15,317,875 times
Quote:

TC
Actually, a charagma [a mark] (Strong's number 5480) refers to a physical mark.
charagma

1) a stamp, an imprinted mark

1a) of the mark stamped on the forehead or the right hand as the badge of the followers of the Antichrist

1b) the mark branded upon horses

2) thing carved, sculpture, graven work

2a) of idolatrous images
Strongs's #5480: charagma - Greek/Hebrew Definitions - Bible Tools
Revelation 13:16 And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, 17] and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.

The mark or charagma is stated to be either the name of the beast or the number of his name and which is to be received either on the forehead or on the right hand. There is nothing figurative about this language, but refers to a literal mark.

And no, having mortgages, car payments, or credit cards does not mean that you can't serve God.

Last edited by Mike555; 06-02-2015 at 11:07 PM..

Old 06-02-2015, 10:33 PM

599 posts, read 230,437 times
Quote:

TC
8. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thy hand, and they shall be for frontlets between thine eyes (5 Moses 6:8)

Actually Jews do wear those physical marks, or tefillin's

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tefillin

But I do believe also, that the mark of the beat is the values what we choose, and that the mark of the beast is already in our time, and people's wearing it, by choosing this present world values instead God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or