Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2008, 07:11 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
Like I brought up in the UR thread, "reasoning" is the biggest reason people believe in UR, and I believe it is also the biggest reason people don't believe in hell. It doesn't matter if we can't figure it out. God is sovereign.. He will judge. It's His problem to make sure everyone gets a fair chance.

Regarding your question about enjoying eternity while earthly friends suffer: I do not think we will remember anything negative about our earthly experience, and I believe we will be "blissfully unaware" of those that are suffering in hell. The bible says that God can forget... our iniquities that have been forgiven, have been forgotten by Him.. likewise, I believe the people that end up in hell will be forgotten by Him.
I agree, I believe the Lord will remove any memory of our family and friends who are in eternal hell, there is verse I read once that proves this, but I can't remember where it is, I think it was in Psalms. And I believe God will forget them too.

Last edited by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA; 02-05-2008 at 07:32 PM.. Reason: left out word
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Exactly...so why aren`t these same folks who believe in eternal torment out there shouting it from the rooftops? I mean..eternity is a long time isn`t it?
Because Jesus did not shout it from the rooftops We must speak the truth in love.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:16 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
Quote:
Suffering that never ever stops throughout all eternity is absolute insanity and that message does not come from God. The wages of sin is death - always has been and always will be.

Romans 5:18 "So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to all men".

This is the real good news.
blessings,
Byron
Thanks again for sharing, Byron. I believe that If eternal hell was the penalty, Jesus would have paid this price and He would be in hell for all of eternity. The wages of sin is death. God bless.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:16 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,500,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Because Jesus did not shout it from the rooftops We must speak the truth in love.
Because Jesus knew he wasn`t going to send people to eternal torment. He knows God`s plan. He knows God is in control. believers in eternal torment believe man is in control. Honestly,if you knew the end was tomorrow and you had family that wasn`t saved,you`re saying you would just continue to live and talk exactly the way you do now? C`mon carolina,you know if you were about to lose a loved one to eternal torment you wouldn`t be just matter of factly talking in gentle love. You would be like an attorney in front of a juror or judge pleading your case.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Thanks again for sharing, Byron. I believe that If eternal hell was the penalty, Jesus would have paid this price and He would be in hell for all of eternity. The wages of sin is death. God bless.
Absolutely..the scriptures do not lie. The wages of sin is ..eternal torment and suffering? NO...DEATH! How can a person who calls themselves a christian read that and not believe it. It`s beyond me. Some would just rather believe the church rather than God`s word. Shameful!

Old 02-05-2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Because Jesus knew he wasn`t going to send people to eternal torment. He knows God`s plan. He knows God is in control. believers in eternal torment believe man is in control. Honestly,if you knew the end was tomorrow and you had family that wasn`t saved,you`re saying you would just continue to live and talk exactly the way you do now? C`mon carolina,you know if you were about to lose a loved one to eternal torment you wouldn`t be just matter of factly talking in gentle love. You would be like an attorney in front of a juror or judge pleading your case.
No I believe Jesus knew some people are going to spend eternity in hell, hello....the cross. I have family members and friends who I believe are not saved and if they died tonight would spend eternity in hell, yelling and screaming the truth at them is not going to change them. I have pleaded my case to them and it was done in gentle love. I pray for them and still witness to them, but I do not yell or scream to them, that would be pointless.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:31 PM

[quote=Alpha8207;2735907]We're out there trying to do it the right way.

Quote:
If shouting it from rooftops is what you think is the right way, just keep your 'it don't matter, they'll be in heaven anyway' attitude.
Like others on here have stated before alpha..you love to put words in people`s mouths and totally misquote them. But,you`re the one who has to live with that!

Quote:
We already have to deal with enough folks who've been so turned off by shouting and yelling it's the main reason they take issue with Christians.
No alpha,you need to open your eyes and ears. The reason most folks are turned off by the church`s gospel is because they know in their hearts it`s a false gospel! Have you ever listened to people who are turned off by the church`s interpretation...hello!

Quote:
I'll just keep trying to reflect Christ, thanks.
A good place to start would be to heed not only mine but some others advice on here and stop putting words in people`s mouth! If you can`t defend the church`s teaching with scripture and God given reason then stop trying and stop misquoting. Thank you.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
No I believe Jesus knew some people are going to spend eternity in hell, hello....the cross. I have family members and friends who I believe are not saved and if they died tonight would spend eternity in hell, yelling and screaming the truth at them is not going to change them. I have pleaded my case to them and it was done in gentle love. I pray for them and still witness to them, but I do not yell or scream to them, that would be pointless.
Did Jesus rise from the dead? Did he spend an eternity in hell and torment? Hello! Why not? Didn`t he die with the sins of the world? So why does someone spend an eternity in fiery flames for just their own sins?

Old 02-05-2008, 08:35 PM

[quote=spm62;2737415]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
We're out there trying to do it the right way.

Like others on here have stated before alpha..you love to put words in people`s mouths and totally misquote them. But,you`re the one who has to live with that!

No alpha,you need to open your eyes and ears. The reason most folks are turned off by the church`s gospel is because they know in their hearts it`s a false gospel! Have you ever listened to people who are turned off by the church`s interpretation...hello!

A good place to start would be to heed not only mine but some others advice on here and stop putting words in people`s mouth! If you can`t defend the church`s teaching with scripture and God given reason then stop trying and stop misquoting. Thank you.
I don't see where Alpha has put words in your mouth or anyone else.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Did Jesus rise from the dead? Did he spend an eternity in hell and torment? Hello! Why not? Didn`t he die with the sins of the world? So why does someone spend an eternity in fiery flames for just their own sins?
One more time.....because not EVERYONE is going to accept Him as Savior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity