Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2008, 07:49 PM

23,010 posts, read 34,368,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
How can this be when Jesus is to fill all things and if it is God's good pleasure to reconcile all to Himself? If someone who believes in eternal hell believes that no one is separated from God now, what do they believe about the lost who have died? Are they in eternal hell now? Is God in eternal hell now with them? Are they separated from God now? Why wouldn't Jesus be there for all of eternity if eternal hell is the wages of sin? God bless.
Because of free will, not everyone is going to accept Jesus as Savior, we have a lot of prove of that here from atheist. Yes I believe the lost who have died are eternally separated from God. No I don't believe God is with them, they are forever separated from Him. The Bible says the wages of sin is death, but Jesus paid that price with His life on the cross, if we chose to accept it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 09:02 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,614,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Because of free will, not everyone is going to accept Jesus as Savior, we have a lot of prove of that here from atheist.
That's no proof. I was one of them there A-theists. God had other designs for me though.

blessings,
Byron

Old 02-19-2008, 04:27 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,344,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
This is true NOW, but there will come a time when those who reject Jesus will be separated from Him forever in hell.
It is true now, it is true forever. There is nothing can separate any of our Father's creation from Himself (the ktisis). There is nothing in all the universe including death and life and angels and powers that are capable of separating any of us from the love of God encapsulated in the Master of the Universe, the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Are you aware that He is the same yesterday, today, and forever? Yep, it is true.

Quote:
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today and forever.
We will now ask ILNC to lead us in singing.....

Hail to the Lord’s Anointed

Last edited by Birdy_56; 02-19-2008 at 04:41 AM..

Old 02-19-2008, 05:36 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,332,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
It is true now, it is true forever. There is nothing can separate any of our Father's creation from Himself (the ktisis). There is nothing in all the universe including death and life and angels and powers that are capable of separating any of us from the love of God encapsulated in the Master of the Universe, the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Are you aware that He is the same yesterday, today, and forever? Yep, it is true.

We will now ask ILNC to lead us in singing.....

Hail to the Lord’s Anointed

Do you believe there is a heiarchy in "Heaven"?
Is there perfect Justice in "Heaven"
Is there an "economy of salvation"

You may wish to use another word for "Heaven"

Old 02-19-2008, 02:27 PM

14,867 posts, read 17,139,286 times
Quote:
Because of free will, not everyone is going to accept Jesus as Savior, we have a lot of prove of that here from atheist. Yes I believe the lost who have died are eternally separated from God. No I don't believe God is with them, they are forever separated from Him. The Bible says the wages of sin is death, but Jesus paid that price with His life on the cross, if we chose to accept it.

But I don’t see where this corresponds with what you shared here, ILNC. You agreed that no one is separated from God now and I thought you meant that even those who are in hell now are not separated from God.

Originally Posted by Birdy_56
There is no such animal as "total complete separation" from God. Our God is omnipresent: He dwells in all areas of His creation. There is nowhere we can escape His Presence nowhere. There is nothing that can separate us (that is the firstfruits and the entire harvest: the ktisis) from the love of God in Jesus Christ our Lord. Nothing! Not angels, not powers, not life, not death, not height, not depth, or any other creature, not things present, or things to come: there is nothing that can separate us from the Love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Quote:
This is true NOW, but there will come a time when those who reject Jesus will be separated from Him forever in hell.

How can God be separated from them if He is not separated from them now if they are in hell? As Birdy shared, there is nowhere we can escape His presence. Maybe I misunderstood what you were agreeing with. Jesus is to fill all things so this must include whatever people believe to be hell, even those who are His enemies now. I believe that all will be subjected to Him that He may be all in all as presented in 1 Corin. 15 Every knee will bow in adoration and worship and every tongue will confess in the name of Jesus. So athiests will not disbelieve forever. The wages of sin is death, not eternal hell, and Jesus paid this price, not the price of an eternal hell. Death is the penalty, not eternal hell. God bless.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:32 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,270,049 times
Quote:
The wages of sin is death, not eternal hell, and Jesus paid this price, not the price of an eternal hell. Death is the penalty, not eternal hell. God bless.
Then why did Jesus, our Sacrifice, say this?
Luke12:4 And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:

Then why did Jesus, our Sacrifice, say this?
Luke12:4 And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Hi Cg81,

Young’s Literal Translation

And I say to you, my friends, be not afraid of those killing the body, and after these things are not having anything over to do. But I will show to you, whom you may fear, Fear him who, after the killing, is having authority to cast to the Gehenna; yes, I say to you, Fear ye Him”

Concordant Literal

"Now I am saying to you, My friends, be not afraid of those who are killing the body and after this do not have anything more excessive that they can do .Now I shall be intimating to you of Whom you may be afraid: Be afraid of Him Who, after killing, has authority to be casting into Gehenna. Yea, I am saying to you, of this One be afraid!”

Being cast into Gehenna must have been a terrible experience but Jesus did not say that this was an eternal experience. I believe that many did and will experience the judgments of God resulting in loss, dishonor, anguish, torment. .But I do not believe that this refers to an eternal place of torment. God bless

Old 02-19-2008, 02:44 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,270,049 times
Quote:

Hi Cg81,

Young’s Literal Translation

And I say to you, my friends, be not afraid of those killing the body, and after these things are not having anything over to do. But I will show to you, whom you may fear, Fear him who, after the killing, is having authority to cast to the Gehenna; yes, I say to you, Fear ye Him”

Concordant Literal

"Now I am saying to you, My friends, be not afraid of those who are killing the body and after this do not have anything more excessive that they can do
Now I shall be intimating to you of Whom you may be afraid: Be afraid of Him Who, after killing, has authority to be casting into Gehenna. Yea, I am saying to you, of this One be afraid!”

Being cast into Gehenna must have been a terrible experience but Jesus did not say that this was an eternal experience. I believe that many did and will experience the judgments of God resulting in loss, dishonor, anguish, torment. .But I do not believe that this refers to an eternal place of torment. God bless
But my question was.. who should we be afraid of, and why?

Old 02-19-2008, 02:46 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
lots of people betting heavily there is no hell (payback).

Old 02-19-2008, 02:50 PM

Quote:
But my question was.. who should we be afraid of, and why?
And I say to you, my friends, be not afraid of those killing the body, and after these things are not having anything over to do. But I will show to you, whom you may fear, Fear him who, after the killing, is having authority to cast to the Gehenna; yes, I say to you, Fear ye Him

Concordant Literal

"Now I am saying to you, My friends, be not afraid of those who are killing the body and after this do not have anything more excessive that they can do
Now I shall be intimating to you of Whom you may be afraid: Be afraid of Him Who, after killing, has authority to be casting into Gehenna. Yea, I am saying to you, of this One be afraid!”

As a Christian Universalist I believe that we should warn of the judgments of God and I have always shared that I believe that many will experience hell, but I do not believe that eternal hell is the final destination for those who experience the severe judgments of God. I also don't believe that Gehenna refers to an eternal hell. I believe that many will suffer loss, dishoner, anguish, torment but I also believe that this will result in their eventual subjection that God may dwell in them also. See the difference? Many will miss out on experiencing eonian life in this age and in the next age, and many of the Jewish leaders were anticipating this. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity