Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2009, 11:54 AM

14,643 posts, read 16,986,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Hi, ILNC, my reference is Ephesians 4:9-10.

"Now this expression, 'He ascended, what does it mean, except that He also had descended into the lower parts of the earth? He who descended is Himself also He who ascended far above all the heavens that He might fill all things."
This reference is universal in its scope. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 01:45 PM

22,996 posts, read 34,256,841 times
Yes Shana I believe Jesus will fill all things---make complete, accomplish what He came for. But nothing in this verse indicates that hell is not eternal.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:16 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,101,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Yes Shana I believe Jesus will fill all things---make complete, accomplish what He came for. But nothing in this verse indicates that hell is not eternal.
(If I may respond-)

ILNC, there may be those who say hell can't be eternal because of scripture that disagrees (death and hell cast into lake of fire, etc...not to get too technical), but I believe there is a place for the remnants of the carnal nature. Yes, I do believe He will have all men to be saved - but this is how I interpret scripture, conceive that God will get what He desires, and still have a place of burning: I believe it's the dividing of the soul (carnal nature) that we know cannot enter in, that will be dealt with. This is the liar, the thief, the drunkard, etc.

We all still have the carnal nature in us, and it must not remain. Some have more of it than others - Christians die with it - it still can't remain.

An everlasting furnace doesn't sound necessary, but whatever...

Old 04-24-2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
If Jesus fills all things, ILNC, descending to the lower parts of the earth and ascending high above the heavens, then He will be all things, even in what you believe to be an eternal hell. How can hell be eternal if Jesus Christ, who is life fills all things? Eternal hell, occupied with individuals separated from God for all of eternity cannot be true if Jesus will be in all things. No one will be separated from God for all of eternity, if Jesus is to fill all things. What was Jesus to accomplish? The Father sent Him on a mission to be the Savior of the world. God bless.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:14 PM

2,984 posts, read 3,322,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
If Jesus fills all things, ILNC, descending to the lower parts of the earth and ascending high above the heavens, then He will be all things, even in what you believe to be an eternal hell. How can hell be eternal if Jesus Christ, who is life fills all things? Eternal hell, occupied with individuals separated from God for all of eternity cannot be true if Jesus will be in all things. No one will be separated from God for all of eternity, if Jesus is to fill all things. What was Jesus to accomplish? The Father sent Him on a mission to be the Savior of the world. God bless.
Shana, we believe in a God who raiseth the dead, and we further believe that the all that has proceeded forth from our God (the everything/ ta pavnte) is the same exact ta pavnte/ the all that ends in Him. He is the Source, the Sustaining Force, and the Goal of everything. "From Him everything comes, through Him everything exists, and in Him everything ends!"

Old 04-24-2009, 08:16 PM

Psalm 88:3
Quote:
For my soul is full of troubles: and my life draweth unto the grave (sh@'owl).
This passage should be.....

For my soul is full of troubles: and my life draweth unto hell.

Psalm 30:3

Quote:
Oh Lord, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave (sh@['owl): thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down into the pit.
This passage should be.....

Oh Lord, thou hast brought up my soul from hell: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down into the pit.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:58 PM

22,996 posts, read 34,256,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
How do you get this Scripture is talking about hell not being eternal?? He accomplished being the Savior of the world. He is the Savior of the world, but He does not say hell will be abolished. This verse is talking about the exists of God.
The word fill in Ephe 4:10 traces back to a root which means to fill full of, come, completed, ended, filled, fulfilled.
This verse it talking about filling us with the Holy Spirit.

Last edited by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA; 04-24-2009 at 09:08 PM..

Old 04-24-2009, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
How do you get this Scripture is talking about hell not being eternal??
There is no concept of "eternal hell" in the Hebrew Scriptures. Nor is there Scripture speaking of "eternal hell" in the New Covenant!

Search= Eternal Hell=

Quote:
Your search query for 'eternal hell' did not return any results. Please modify your search query and try again.
Search= Eternal Separation=

Quote:
Your search query for 'eternal separation' did not return any results. Please modify your search query and try again.
Search= Everlasting Hell=

Quote:
Your search query for 'everlasting hell' did not return any results. Please modify your search query and try again.
Search= Everlasting death=

Quote:
Your search query for 'everlasting death' did not return any results. Please modify your search query and try again.
Search= Eternal death=

Quote:
Your search query for 'eternal death' did not return any results. Please modify your search query and try again.
Search= Everlasting Punishment

HERE

Old 04-24-2009, 10:35 PM

Amen, Birdy.

Quote:
How do you get this Scripture is talking about hell not being eternal??
Hell cannot be eternal, ILNC, if Jesus is to fill all things. He descended to the lower parts of the earth and ascended far above all the heavens to fill all things.

Quote:
This verse it talking about filling us with the Holy Spirit.

All will be filled with the Holy Spirit then, if Jesus is to fill all things. God sent Jesus on a misson to be the Savior of the world. He is indeed the Savior and as the Savior, He will save the world. This is why all will be subjected to Him, so that God may be all in all. (1 Corinthians 15) God bless.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Shana, we believe in a God who raiseth the dead, and we further believe that the all that has proceeded forth from our God (the everything/ ta pavnte) is the same exact ta pavnte/ the all that ends in Him. He is the Source, the Sustaining Force, and the Goal of everything. "From Him everything comes, through Him everything exists, and in Him everything ends!"
Amen! God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity