Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2009, 12:59 AM

224 posts, read 405,276 times

Advertisements

Hell and Lake of Fire are two different things. I do not believe in eternal damnation, I use to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 01:27 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,396,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOKENFOR View Post
Hell and Lake of Fire are two different things. I do not believe in eternal damnation, I use to.
Interestingly, Hell (the common grave of mankind) and also Death are both thrown into the Lake of Fire, which means they are once and for all time permanently destroyed and brought to nothing forever.

We're almost there.

Old 05-08-2009, 03:51 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,615,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Interestingly, Hell (the common grave of mankind) and also Death are both thrown into the Lake of Fire, which means they are once and for all time permanently destroyed and brought to nothing forever.

We're almost there.
I have pacifically stated this as well (out of the clear blue) many many times

Old 05-08-2009, 05:18 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,396,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
I have pacifically stated this as well (out of the clear blue) many many times
And we all keep getting flamed for doing so.

Can you imagine, what kind of an embarassment all of this is to the creator ???

What's fascinating is the amount of hatred espoused by those who insist it's the gospel truth. That kind of attitude isn't even reflective of the author of the Bible. Take a look.

Ezekiel 18:23 - (most all translations)
Quote:

(NLT)
"Do you think that I like to see wicked people die?"

(MB) "Do you think I take any pleasure in the death of wicked men and women"?

(HCSB) "Do I take pleasure in the death of the wicked?"

(AKJV) "Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die?"

And the rest are the same!!! In fact, this is repeated again in verse 32!!!
Fascinating that if such a place did exist and was clearly a place God invented, then surely God would have had said that he does'nt delight in seeing people sent to Hell. But this isn't the case. Even the warning at the beginning to Adam and Eve was that they would surely die, not go to a Hellfire as punishment. Even Moses when giving his last farewell speech so to speak to his Israelite brothers, when reminding them of the benefits of obedience to God's Laws, concluded by saying, Deut 30:19 - "New International Readers Version"
BibleGateway.com - Passage Lookup: Deuteronomy 30:19;
Quote:
"I'm calling for heaven and earth to give witness against you this very day. I'm offering you the choice of life or death. You can choose either blessings or curses. But I want you to choose life. So that you and your children will live."
This choosing of either life or death was simply choosing obeying God's law to Israel or following a course of disobedience to it. The Biblical record shows that throughout their whole history the Israelites chose disobedience which only resulted in their eventual death. Had there been an actual Hellfireunderstanding and major teaching back then, then Moses would have taught such , rather than playing with some word games and beating around the bush as it were. The facts show that the pagan religious nations around all espoused and taught such a wicked and horrible belief to all of their peoples. But it was not a teaching that was part of Israel.

Most here don't care about the original meaning of the Hebrew and Greek words or the context in which they were used. They want others to suffer. They want to see others suffer. This was actually brought out in a documentary some time back about why DARK AGES Catholic & Protestant Clergyman chose the tortuous method of burning at the stake all those who crossed the church. Many of these condemned men and women were from scholastic backgrounds who had translated the bible into the common language of the people and found that certain dogma, such as the present subject were in fact lies. But the question still remained, why the torture ??? It was because the Clergy believed God was going to do this anyway and but they could'nt wait for God to do it, so they took the pleasure upon themselves.

Far from being any real creation by God whose personality is not reflective of such a hideous idea, it is what it is and that is an invention by wicked clergymen centuries ago.

Old 05-08-2009, 06:09 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,345,230 times
Quote:

What's fascinating is the amount of hatred espoused by those who insist it's the gospel truth. That kind of attitude isn't even reflective of the author of the Bible.
Calling Sweden, calling Sweden, come in BluePacific. That, my friend, was an outstanding post. I refuse to embarass my Creator, I refuse it! In the end of magnificent thoughts by the friends of Job, the Lord declares "You did not speak what is true of Me."

Quote:
Who was it that set up the Cross? Not fiends incarnate, but plain flesh and blood like us; quite ordinary men, decent and kindly souls enough, some of whom, no doubt, went to their homes that day from Calvary and took their children on their knees and loved them very genuinely. Only, they were a bit old fashioned in the make-up of their minds, had grown stiff and inelastic in their thinking, inhospitable to new notions -- surely a very minor sin at worst -- and some feared for their vested interests; and one, poor Pilate, had lost his temper with these impossible Jews in days gone by, and had received a curt warning from Rome that there must be no further bloodshed in Jerusalem, and here was a new trouble at the very worst of times in the whole year, with fanatics in tens of thousands come up for the Feast; and one wanted to save the world by quick-running machinery, and so put Christ into a situation where He could no longer dilly-dally but must do something vivid, dramatic, revolutionary. And the people? No need for us to bother being there at the decision between Jesus and Barabbas. We had the lined streets cheering for Him yesterday. And we have relatives to see, and messages from neighbours to deliver to their kindred. He will be all right; we needn't worry to be there. Such simple and plebian sins -- minds grown a trifle out of date, a little selfishness, some temper and its consequences, a bit of worldly wisdom, and an indifference that did nothing at all -- these brought about the shame of mankind, and the tragedy of history, and the blot upon our annals that will not rub out. And they are all of them within your heart and mine. -A. J. Gossip-

Old 05-08-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:

We're almost there.
I thank God for pulling the veil off of my eyes, I have never been the same since.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:

What's fascinating is the amount of hatred espoused by those who insist it's the gospel truth. That kind of attitude isn't even reflective of the author of the Bible. Take a look.

Ezekiel 18:23 - (most all translations)Fascinating that if such a place did exist and was clearly a place God invented, then surely God would have had said that he does'nt delight in seeing people sent to Hell. But this isn't the case. Even the warning at the beginning to Adam and Eve was that they would surely die, not go to a Hellfire as punishment. Even Moses when giving his last farewell speech so to speak to his Israelite brothers, when reminding them of the benefits of obedience to God's Laws, concluded by saying, Deut 30:19 - "New International Readers Version"
BibleGateway.com - Passage Lookup: Deuteronomy 30:19;
This choosing of either life or death was simply choosing obeying God's law to Israel or following a course of disobedience to it. The Biblical record shows that throughout their whole history the Israelites chose disobedience which only resulted in their eventual death. Had there been an actual Hellfireunderstanding and major teaching back then, then Moses would have taught such , rather than playing with some word games and beating around the bush as it were. The facts show that the pagan religious nations around all espoused and taught such a wicked and horrible belief to all of their peoples. But it was not a teaching that was part of Israel.

Most here don't care about the original meaning of the Hebrew and Greek words or the context in which they were used. They want others to suffer. They want to see others suffer. This was actually brought out in a documentary some time back about why DARK AGES Catholic & Protestant Clergyman chose the tortuous method of burning at the stake all those who crossed the church. Many of these condemned men and women were from scholastic backgrounds who had translated the bible into the common language of the people and found that certain dogma, such as the present subject were in fact lies. But the question still remained, why the torture ??? It was because the Clergy believed God was going to do this anyway and but they could'nt wait for God to do it, so they took the pleasure upon themselves.

Far from being any real creation by God whose personality is not reflective of such a hideous idea, it is what it is and that is an invention by wicked clergymen centuries ago

Old 05-08-2009, 12:31 PM

7 posts, read 10,245 times
you are on the right path!!!!

Old 05-08-2009, 12:47 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,620,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
...I refuse to embarass my Creator, I refuse it!
An excellent way to put it! To believe that he would allow the atrocity of an eternal hell, losing the majority of his creation to it, (as traditional Christianity espouses), would make my Creator a failure, and I utterly reject such nonsense. For goodness's sake, we can't even handle it when our favorite coach loses the majority of his games. A general, who wins the war, but, loses most of his men in the process, does not garner the same respect as the general who wins the war, and keeps his casualties to a minimum. A doctor who loses most of his patients would soon no longer have a career. Yet, Christendom has no problem with believing that God is the biggest failure of all?!

Worse yet, God's supposed "hellish" behaviour, (which would far surpass Hitler's), is completely accepted. No one has a problem with God separating, and frying, (for eternity, no less), the bulk of humanity. We don't consider it to be acceptable for a husband, who claims that he loves his wife, to threaten said wife with bodily harm, trying to force her to love him. Why in the world would we believe such a teaching about our Creator?

Old 05-08-2009, 01:52 PM

987 posts, read 1,118,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
An excellent way to put it! To believe that he would allow the atrocity of an eternal hell, losing the majority of his creation to it, (as traditional Christianity espouses), would make my Creator a failure, and I utterly reject such nonsense. For goodness's sake, we can't even handle it when our favorite coach loses the majority of his games. A general, who wins the war, but, loses most of his men in the process, does not garner the same respect as the general who wins the war, and keeps his casualties to a minimum. A doctor who loses most of his patients would soon no longer have a career. Yet, Christendom has no problem with believing that God is the biggest failure of all?!

Worse yet, God's supposed "hellish" behaviour, (which would far surpass Hitler's), is completely accepted. No one has a problem with God separating, and frying, (for eternity, no less), the bulk of humanity. We don't consider it to be acceptable for a husband, who claims that he loves his wife, to threaten said wife with bodily harm, trying to force her to love him. Why in the world would we believe such a teaching about our Creator?
Amen and again I say Amen! He LOVES us, absolutely LOVES us. He will not spare the rod when He deems it time to separate us from our ungodly ways, but in every unpleasant inch of it, He LOVES us and will not rest until He has made us exactly what He set out to make us into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity