Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2009, 02:32 PM

283 posts, read 409,701 times

Advertisements

Sorry I copy from word I can't spell to save my life I try to make it easier for others
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 02:37 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,178,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Well, if it takes believing hell is eternal to be a "Christian" then I, happily, am not a "Christian."

If it takes believing the judgments go beyond the eons to be a "Christian" then I, happily am not a "Christian."

A "Christian" today is paganized with all sorts of unscriptural beliefs.

I am a believer, not a "Christian."
I too became less and less comfortable being called a "Christian"; it's so mainstream now that there is no association with discipleship or servanthood.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:39 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,178,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdparty View Post
Sorry I copy from word I can't spell to save my life I try to make it easier for others
Preview it first and take out the [size] markers. When I Word it does that too.

(Word up.)

Old 05-11-2009, 02:41 PM

2,984 posts, read 3,347,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
Gee Whiz.... they let Birdy out again today!!
That Curly, is exactly how Birdbrain looks. In fact it is an enhancement.

Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty I am free at last.

Quote:
We declare, it is God only who really runs the universe and is absolute Master of fate. Man has a mind and nature brought into existence, not by or through himself but through the will of God. This was given to him rather than chosen by him. Man is not responsible for his own birth, nor is he for his own fate at death The responsibility of his redemption lies primarily with God. The plan of creation, salvation, and redemption of all, is God's, not man's. (All is out of God, Romans 11:36) The Lord is responsible for its eventual outcome. We were made to be free to an extent under God, but never in any extent, to be free from God.

It actually dethrones and demeans God by teaching that man's will shall ever prevail, but that God's shall remain largely unsatisfied. -R. McKay-

Old 05-11-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Preview it first and take out the [size] markers. When I Word it does that too.

(Word up.)

good call thanks

Old 05-11-2009, 02:47 PM

2,984 posts, read 3,347,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdparty View Post
Two questions,

What beliefs other than the one that is repeated by you over and over again have been paganized (not my word yoursJ)?

What is the difference in eons or ages to your belief?
Third: we will leave this post for Eusebius to answer.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:47 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,156,182 times
Quote:

Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty I am free at last.
God bless.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:57 PM

MHO the mainstream is to make Christainity anything but main stream which is kind of how it was said it was going to be, take a look at the belief's of most who claim faith other than Islam and orthadox Jews and or people being called radical like Christians that say Jesus is the only way to the Father. That is very quickly becomeing dangerous to say people are now not going to be but now being locked up for standing firm in faith for going against the grain even dieing for faith. How strong is our love for God? faith if it ment your life or prison would you take a stand? There are alot of mainstream teachers saying you won't have to or worse you don't need to because faith has become tangable theropy for the world.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:05 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
I have a question for universalist, with all this spending time on that an eternal hell does not exist. Do you guys actively witness to people. Do you go on the streets and share the gospel? curious?

Old 05-11-2009, 03:12 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,386,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Actually many argue if the Rich man and Lazarus is a parable because it doesn't follow the same format of other parables. I personally don't believe it is and the "pig farm" remark makes no sense.

Eusebius what if you are wrong about hell being eternal as you teach this to many others?
It a parable Fundy, because scripture proclaims Jesus opened not His mouth except in parables.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity