Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 02:28 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,332,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANA MANIA View Post
Do We Need To Confess Our Sins To Each Other, To A Priest Or Is Directly To God The Only Way?

Well, I'm a papist, so my answer should be obvious

But, for those who aren't, try finding a conservative Catholic Church in your area, with the old fashion confessionals. Find out what time they hear confessions, and go in and confess your deepest darkest sins to the Priest.
I think you'd be amazed. It's good for the soul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 02:32 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,498,990 times
I ask God each day to forgive my sins..I don't have to confess them...He already knows what I did...If I have sinned "big time" (intentionally hurting them) against a friend or family member I tell them I am sorry, I don't feel any need to "confess" to them...

Old 01-21-2008, 02:32 PM

23,010 posts, read 34,368,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dojilynn View Post
If our sins are against others, we should confess them to the person effected by the sin, as well as Jesus.

On the other hand, if they are just personal sins, confess them to the Lord.

I don't believe you have to confess to a priest.
I agree, because of Jesus we can go straight to God, no need for a priest.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:43 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,270,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
I think you'd be amazed. It's good for the soul.
I agree.. except I'd say that a pastor (if you feel close to him) or a close spiritual brother/sister could fill the place just as well! There's a reason for that verse....

Old 01-21-2008, 08:01 PM

14,863 posts, read 17,139,286 times
Quote:
Well we should always pray and ask God for forgiveness and confess to him our sins, as sin in itself is an offense against him. In terms of the healing process, I do think it is good to confess our sins amongst trusted friends and loved ones. We also need to be not so hard on ourselves, and not assign any form of self condemnation to ourselves when we sin, seeing as how when doing so - we are actually exalting our own authority over God's regarding any sin we've commited.
I agree. Thanks and God bless.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:53 AM

90 posts, read 185,365 times
True, but there is a serious humbling that occurs when you speak the sin out to another. Besides, if I commit a sin as a Catholic I must confess it. This personally helps my spiritual growing because it keeps me from wanting to sin so I don't have to take time out of the day to stand in the confession line and say what I have done. It's hard to confess a sin, but I feel so incredibliy great and loved by God when I step out of the confession booth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I agree, because of Jesus we can go straight to God, no need for a priest.

Old 01-22-2008, 02:35 PM

14,863 posts, read 17,139,286 times
I believe that when we share with a brother or sister that we trust it can be both humbling and healing. I know that God is always there and He knows all thing and that He wants me to bring all to Him but we are also His body and we are supposed to be there for one another. What affects one affects us all in the body of Christ and we are to serve one another. Being there to listen and give unconditional love even when we mess up can be healing, I think. Now, I have been in a situation when this was abused when people were making others feel guilty about things that had been confessed in an effort to control them. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity