U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 01:09 PM

337 posts, read 559,633 times
Default If We Confess Our Sins,he Is Faithful

Do We Need To Confess Our Sins To Each Other, To A Priest Or Is Directly To God The Only Way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 01:15 PM

486 posts, read 35,502 times
God dwells within; to God in self is the only way.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:19 PM

49,282 posts, read 45,802,045 times
priest? ok. 2 dance steps? 1st step confess?
2nd step reformation?

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 01-21-2008 at 01:27 PM..

Old 01-21-2008, 01:26 PM

1,250 posts, read 2,320,356 times
If our sins are against others, we should confess them to the person effected by the sin, as well as Jesus.

On the other hand, if they are just personal sins, confess them to the Lord.

I don't believe you have to confess to a priest.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:34 PM

479 posts, read 740,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANA MANIA View Post
Do We Need To Confess Our Sins To Each Other, To A Priest Or Is Directly To God The Only Way?
Well we should always pray and ask God for forgiveness and confess to him our sins, as sin in itself is an offense against him. In terms of the healing process, I do think it is good to confess our sins amongst trusted friends and loved ones. We also need to be not so hard on ourselves, and not assign any form of self condemnation to ourselves when we sin, seeing as how when doing so - we are actually exalting our own authority over God's regarding any sin we've commited.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojilynn View Post
If our sins are against others, we should confess them to the person effected by the sin, as well as Jesus.
Yup that is true as well. Always want to tell the truth to friends and family if you've sinned against them, particularly if it's something that will really impact their life.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:04 PM

3,086 posts, read 3,968,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleton View Post
Well we should always pray and ask God for forgiveness and confess to him our sins, as sin in itself is an offense against him. In terms of the healing process, I do think it is good to confess our sins amongst trusted friends and loved ones.
I agree. I've been thinking of this very topic lately...
James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed.
This healing that occurs is not only for our own benefit, but it can also "heal" divisions or misunderstandings, and boost confidence in each other, when we confess our faults to each other.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
I agree. I've been thinking of this very topic lately...
James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed.
This healing that occurs is not only for our own benefit, but it can also "heal" divisions or misunderstandings, and boost confidence in each other, when we confess our faults to each other.
Good points. Only problem occurs when the support group you have is part of the problem. I guess we need to pray to God to lead us to good supportive people, and help us be supportive to people as well during their struggles.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:17 PM

3,086 posts, read 3,968,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleton View Post
Good points. Only problem occurs when the support group you have is part of the problem. I guess we need to pray to God to lead us to good supportive people, and help us be supportive to people as well during their struggles.
Yes.. you definitely need to feel spiritually one with your brethren and sistren () or whoever you are sharing with. And it serves to make you feel even more spiritually one!

Old 01-21-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
Yes.. you definitely need to feel spiritually one with your brethren and sistren () or whoever you are sharing with. And it serves to make you feel even more spiritually one!
That's what I'm trying to do a lot of nowadays. It's difficult though when you've had the same support group for years on end. Just gotta let go and let God I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity