Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 02:52 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,690,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Because that is just one instance. Millions killed by scientific researched things yet no one connects the dots that supposedly show sciences is evil. No real difference ;really. Me thinks the Op only connects dots that convince him of what he believes.
Science doesn't claim to heal people, move mountains, or give what people ask for. Yes, it is a big difference, as big as a child asking his parent for a candy bar after being promised and a child trying to make one out of dirt.

There are plenty of instances, including every instance, where prayer has not worked. My only amazement is at how intelligent individuals cannot see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2015, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
But who is he talking to though? Who is the audience?
https://youtu.be/PK7P7uZFf5o

Old 06-19-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Well, it's not like it's a secret code or anything. Those who speak the lingo, understand the meaning. Sometimes, "prayers going out to you" is quite enough, because that's not secret code either. It means, "we heard and we care". Sometimes, that's all one can do in a given situation, and it's all the person was wanting or requesting from most.
The request is not for sympathy but for healing and prevention. BTW, there has been an update. Another child has contracted the virus, but still asking for prayers.

Old 06-19-2015, 03:06 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
The request is not for sympathy but for healing and prevention. BTW, there has been an update. Another child has contracted the virus, but still asking for prayers.
Healing and comfort, actually, according to your o.p.

Sorry to hear that another child is ill. My thoughts are with them, if you'd like to let them know that.

Old 06-19-2015, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Healing and comfort, actually, according to your o.p.

Sorry to hear that another child is ill. My thoughts are with them, if you'd like to let them know that.
Obviously the healing didn't work and I doubt that they've received any comfort, but I will let my friend know. Thanks.

Old 06-19-2015, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasroane View Post
You never got the answer you wanted because you want to continue living in your fantasy world where there is no God. In your make-believe existence you can do whatever you want because when you die then you won't face eternal torment in Hell. You come to a Christian forum with your pompous attitude and smug in your unbelief. Yet, if you truly believe that we are the ones who are delusional then why do you care?

You care because God created a moral compass within each of us - even you. A little check that tells us something is right and something is wrong. You also happen to be stuck in a quandary. If you deny there is a God who built within you an idea of morality then your complaint here is ridiculous. If there is no such thing as a God then who defines what is good and what is bad? What is good becomes what suits your interests. Whatever works out for you regardless of the harm it might cause to another. And if you admit that there is an Almighty God then you err by suggesting that you know better than the All-knowing, Ever Present Creator.

As for worrying about innocent people that die and suffer I'll let the my Lord Jesus Christ handle the light work.
https://youtu.be/AcO4TnrskE0

Old 06-19-2015, 04:04 PM

75 posts, read 51,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
I have a friend who is a youth leader at a moderately sized Baptist church. He recently took a group to a local Baptist college for a youth retreat. Here is his most recent FB post:

Of course, when these children first became sick, I'm certain the rest were prayed for while they were at the college, while they were on their way home, and after they got home. Now that three additional children are "violently" ill, people are asked to pray for them still, as if prayer will work this time. How do intelligent people like my friend not logically conclude that prayer doesn't work?
I think its like a football game, or nah I say a war, Where you pray on this side, they pray on that side and god sorts them out. War= Kill em' all let god sort them out!

Old 06-19-2015, 04:05 PM

God don't listen to all prayers, hence we die!

Old 06-19-2015, 04:07 PM

Or maybe there praying to the wrong god, there are so many...

Old 06-19-2015, 04:11 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,254,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Expecting logic from a Christian or any religious person is a dead end. No good Christian explanation for famine or the millions of Christians being murdered, raped or killed from diseases. You can no more expect to turn a stone to bread than you can expect a religious fanatic to show logic.
Spot on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity