U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 08:19 PM

134 posts, read 353,220 times
Default How do you show God's love to someone that is determined to destroy you and everything you stand for?

There are people that are in the eastern religion that is seeking to destroy western culture, christianity, judism, and anyone that speaks against it. (Want to focus on the issue not the religion so I wasn't specific)

As a christian, if a person approaches you to seek to destroy you, do you turn the other cheek? do you greet him and let him do? Do we protect ourselves like various of God's people did in wars? Do we let them harm us, knowing that God will take vengence? Do we pack them up and ship them out?

How do we apply God's word to this specific situation?
What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 10:23 PM

4,433 posts, read 5,672,475 times
I'd say we create some lies about those people and then use those lies as a basis for attacking them..

crap.. we've already done that... I'm all out of ideas.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:25 PM

10,592 posts, read 21,375,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSCCS View Post
There are people that are in the eastern religion that is seeking to destroy western culture, christianity, judism, and anyone that speaks against it. (Want to focus on the issue not the religion so I wasn't specific)

As a christian, if a person approaches you to seek to destroy you, do you turn the other cheek? do you greet him and let him do? Do we protect ourselves like various of God's people did in wars? Do we let them harm us, knowing that God will take vengence? Do we pack them up and ship them out?

How do we apply God's word to this specific situation?
What do you think?
I think your being a little overly dramatic here, I can't imagine anyone is approaching you to destroy you.

Live and let live and maybe they will do the same for you.

Old 01-22-2008, 06:44 AM

Wow, I didn't expect to hear deniel and minimizing the situation. What I was looking for is a biblical perspective on how to deal with situations such as this and/or anything simular to it. I hope that I don't have to result to asking the people in jerusalem who have hands on experience with this.

By the way, you may want to watch the documentary "obsession". You'll be surprized to see lots of those people you say don't exsist foaming at the mouth about their mission statement. Unless you choose to believe those are all actors and that our president was the producer????

Denying or minimizing the problem doesn't make it go away.

Once again, please provide a biblical perspective on how to deal with hate and people that want to destroy you. (Political perspectives and personal oppinions about how much hate there is or isn't will not answer this question)

But thanks for your feedback

Old 01-22-2008, 06:51 AM

Wink Biblical Perspective Wanted

Wow, I didn't expect to hear deny and minimize the situation. What I was looking for is a biblical perspective on how to deal with situations such as this and/or anything simular to it. I hope that I don't have to result to asking the jewish people who have hands on experience with this.

By the way, you may want to watch the documentary "obsession". You'll be surprized to see lots of those people you say don't exsist foaming at the mouth about their mission station. Unless you choose to believe those are all actors etc......

Once again, please provide a biblical perspective on how to deal with hate and people that hate that want to destroy you.

Old 01-22-2008, 06:54 AM

10,592 posts, read 21,375,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSCCS View Post
Wow, I didn't expect to hear deny and minimize the situation. What I was looking for is a biblical perspective on how to deal with situations such as this and/or anything simular to it. I hope that I don't have to result to asking the jewish people who have hands on experience with this.

By the way, you may want to watch the documentary "obsession". You'll be surprized to see lots of those people you say don't exsist foaming at the mouth about their mission station. Unless you choose to believe those are all actors etc......

Once again, please provide a biblical perspective on how to deal with hate and people that hate that want to destroy you.
OH, I have no doubt that there are fundamentalist muslims foaming at the mouth, just as I have personally seen fundamentalist christians doing the same and capable of some pretty unchristian things.

Old 01-22-2008, 06:56 AM

1,958 posts, read 3,292,423 times
I think HSCCS is giving a scenario and not saying it actually happens to him/her. HSCCS, the fact is there are some that would like to kill us in fact the Bible says they want to and think they are doing God's work while at it!

"...yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service." (John 16:2)

But the questions is how to deal with it. As an individual and a Christian we should not seek to harm anyone. We should never seek to create conflict. "If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men." (Romans 12:18) However, there are times when someone attacks you are attempts to harm your family. The answer is obvious, we would protect our family as best we could. As a nation? that's a whole other story. But I think we have a right as a sovereign to protect our homeland and way of life. Homeland first, not to go out and police the world.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:32 AM

Mark, thanks for the biblical perspective and the tiny bit of politics with it. But this is what I was looking for. Anyone else please use Marks reply as an example.

Please provide more feedback! This is great!

Old 01-22-2008, 07:43 AM

Default Please stick with the subject at hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
OH, I have no doubt that there are fundamentalist muslims foaming at the mouth, just as I have personally seen fundamentalist christians doing the same and capable of some pretty unchristian things.

I made it very clear that the issue wasn't about naming religion and comparisons, feel free to place a separate thread for that separate issue

Old 01-22-2008, 08:13 AM

13,040 posts, read 14,209,812 times
Ask yourself what Jesus would do .

As a Christian I would have thought that would be the obvious thing to do.

Would Jesus forgive those who have sinned against him or would he take an AK47 and blow their brains off ?

Would he find the strength to still love his errant children or would he judge, condemn and kill ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity