Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2015, 09:43 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
science facts are for anybody to use to support a belief. Stop making up a fight that is not there. try teaching people how to think instead of forcing crap down their throats. I can go to any bible thumpin mass for that.
Wrong as usual. Science is what we use to understand the world around us. To understand how things work.

Nothing more nothing less.

Without science we would still be stuck in the Dark Ages.

You are the only one who is having the delusion that there is a fight. No one is forcing crap down anyone's throat. If you don't like reading my posts then don't read them.

Seems pretty simple to me.

Posting evidence that is inconsistent with what someone believes should indeed drive their curiosity to go out and learn vs. battling it out with an ignorant perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 09:56 PM

It's a tragedy that some people would rather read an ancient book than take the time to learn about humans and the world we live in today.

When you look at the kind of wishful thinking that has propped up faith for a millennia, there’s every reason to believe that a culture of faith is a culture of deception for children and of self-deception on the part of the adults.

The one thing I can say with certainty is that these "holy" books show no sign of being authored by an omniscient intelligence, and that really is the only thing one need be certain about to torpedo Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. The Bible and the Quran are both deeply inadequate books on every level: scientifically, historically, medically, aesthetically, ethically, spiritually, contemplatively. These are just not the best books we have on any topic, and they should be if they were written by the creator of the Universe.

Old 07-13-2015, 09:58 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
I am actually basing it from the very odd images you posted yesterday of first a baby orangutan crawling with a baby, and then a child with a chimp head.

That spells it out loud and clear.
Experiential intelligence: the ability to adapt to new situations and produce new ideas.
When people are left in the errors of their old mindset, nothing changes:

"Man cannot comprehend the existence of his errors, when too deeply immersed in them."

I prefer to be creative, although, I have a practical and analytical mind.
Would you consider intelligent design and evolution as a working model?

Or, would you rather see only dark matter, where light has no effect?

Old 07-13-2015, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Experiential intelligence: the ability to adapt to new situations and produce new ideas.
When people are left in the errors of their old mindset, nothing changes:

"Man cannot comprehend the existence of his errors, when too deeply immersed in them."

I prefer to be creative, although, I have a practical and analytical mind.
Would you consider intelligent design and evolution as a working model?

Or, would you rather see only dark matter, where light has no effect?
Believe want you want to believe.

I'll take the empirical evidence any day over being intellectually lazy and not asking questions or stop looking for physical explanation’s and just say God did it.

I like how you assumed something about me and then dodged addressing it.

Those images you posted along with your words is all I need to understand what I am dealing with.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Believe want you want to believe.

I'll take the empirical evidence any day over being intellectually lazy and not asking questions or stop looking for physical explanation’s and just say God did it.

Those images you posted along with your words is all I need to understand what I am dealing with.
"We will believe, what we believe; until we no longer believe it."

It's nice to know how you really feel, however, not sure what assumption you are referencing?

Old 07-13-2015, 10:37 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
and they should be if they were written by the creator of the Universe.
There's that fundamentalist perception I was talking about Now that you have ditched fundamentalism, widen your horizons.

Old 07-13-2015, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
There's that fundamentalist perception I was talking about Now that you have ditched fundamentalism, widen your horizons.
You're beyond help in calling a person a fundamentalist that is clearly not a fundamentalist in anyway shape or form.

Quote:
The Bible and the Quran are deeply inadequate books on every level: scientifically, historically, medically, aesthetically, ethically, spiritually, contemplatively. These are just not the best books we have on any topic, and they should be if they were written by the creator of the Universe.
The above is what anyone with competence would see as non fundamental thinking.

Only a fundamentalist would praise those books as truth.

You call a free thinking non conformist a fundamentalist, but yet your call yourself a Liberal Quaker?

Clearly you are not dealing with a full deck...I think you're confused.

Old 07-13-2015, 11:24 PM

Quote:
It's nice to know how you really feel...
You're welcome...but I have always demonstrated how I really feel.
Quote:
however, not sure what assumption you are referencing?
This one.
Quote:
You mean, She confuses me with the religious zealot's.
The conclusion may be logical, but it is untrue:
"ALL people with long hair are not hippies."
If the premise of anything is false, any and all conclusions will also be false, or biased.

Old 07-13-2015, 11:38 PM

Quote:
You mean, She confuses me with the religious zealot's.

The conclusion may be logical, but it is untrue:
"ALL people with long hair are not hippies."
If the premise of anything is false, any and all conclusions will also be false, or biased.
Quote:
What needs to be addressed, or explained in your eyes?
It is self-explanatory, not all people with long hair are hippies.

Should I define deductive, verses, inductive reasoning?

Old 07-14-2015, 12:04 AM

Quote:
[i]What needs to be addressed, or explained in your eyes?
It is self-explanatory, not all people with long hair are hippies.

Should I define deductive, verses, inductive reasoning?
No, just stop making assumptions about me.

You clearly demonstrated your lack of understanding by posting those bizarre images.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity